Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Oliva Cain F
awsmith4 03:59 PM 05-20-2010
I won a 5 pack box of the original Cain F at a herf this Christmas. I finally smoked one month or so ago and I was impressed. Typically this type of smoke would be little to bold for me but I really enjoyed it.

Here's my question:

Is this new Cain F smoking the same as the wooden 5packs they originally came as or are they following the path of so many other special releases turned mass production?
[Reply]
Patrick B 10:48 PM 05-20-2010
I didn't notice any difference between the 2 releases. I love this cigar!
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 01:04 AM 05-21-2010
I just didn't like either version...just my feelings...
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:33 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:
I haven't had the new one but I'm not a fan of any of the Cain's.
[Reply]
tenbaseg 04:43 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I won a 5 pack box of the original Cain F at a herf this Christmas. I finally smoked one month or so ago and I was impressed. Typically this type of smoke would be little to bold for me but I really enjoyed it.

Here's my question:

Is this new Cain F smoking the same as the wooden 5packs they originally came as or are they following the path of so many other special releases turned mass production?
Albert, I smoked the one you gave me about 3 weeks ago. I enjoyed it. It has a lot of good flavor. Definitely full bodied, but not overpowering.
[Reply]
issues 08:27 AM 05-21-2010
I find them to be the same...

The only difference is the vitola.
[Reply]
JJG 09:23 AM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
I haven't had the new one but I'm not a fan of any of the Cain's.

I lit one and smoked it for about 5 minutes before deciding on something else, but people seem to really like them so I will probably end up giving the Cain's another try.
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:32 AM 05-21-2010
Well send me whatever you have left and i'll watch over them for you!:-):-):-)

Originally Posted by ScottishSmoker:

[Reply]
gijoey959 01:28 PM 05-21-2010
I'm not personally a fan of Cain F's, I've smoked the standard mass production stick and the NUB edition from the Cain tour 2010 sample pack and I still like the maduro and habanos better

**lol, hit reply on accident

but I didn't notice a difference between the 5 pack specials or the mass productions
[Reply]
Eleven 01:31 PM 05-21-2010
I have been holding on to one of those wooden 5 packs since September, I look at them once in a while, but haven't had the heart to smoke one yet.

As a birthday gift from my son, and autographed by Sam, I don't know when I will smoke one, maybe the next birthday?
[Reply]
gijoey959 01:53 PM 05-21-2010
I know the temptation, sam gave me a fresh rolled cigar he did during the event since we had a lengthy discussion about growing tobacco, it stares at me when I open my humidor:-)

plus its my favorite thickness of the Cain line, the 660
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:39 AM 05-22-2010
I've smoked through about 10 boxes of the original 5 packs and think they are simply outstanding. The new release F's, I think need a little more time. They'll be as good someday, just need a rest for now. .02
[Reply]
shadow king 04:39 AM 05-23-2010
I got an original F sitting quietly in my humidor. I have to admit, I'm a little timid to try it. Are these stronger than the LFD DL's? I can handle those on a full stomach :-)
[Reply]
Shadow 01:39 PM 05-24-2010
The wrapper on the new ones are a little darker than the original. Other than that they are the same.
[Reply]
Apoco 02:10 PM 05-24-2010
I love the taste of the Cain's...not such a fan of what they do to me after. I have to be VERY careful when smoking one. Full stomach, and very slow. I usually skip the alcohol for it and tack on some chocolate for the sugar.
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:50 PM 05-24-2010
Oh hell, seeing this thread pop up again convinced me to go grab another while I work in the shop. God I love those F's!
[Reply]
Up