Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>I have a question maybe you can help me with
whodeeni 12:42 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
I think that at the time you could've just suggested "Oh, well I was hoping to smoke it with you tonight so that we could compare thoughts on it", you know, nothing that was overly pushy, just telling him what you meant to do with those cigars.

Now that it's after the fact...like others have said, not really any point in getting frustrated about it now or saying anything to him. Just know that you gifted a cigar to a BOTL and that when he lights it up Christmas he will think of your generosity and enjoy that cigar even more than he would if he had bought it himself.
:-):-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:45 PM 05-21-2010
I've never had that happen, but I'm usually pretty clear. If I invite a bud for a smoke, he or she knows what we're gonna smoke cause I'll say so. Or I'll say "I have a couple real special cigars for us", so they know the intent.
Conversely, I've been offered very special cigars that I've tried before, know I don't like, and I'll decline, very graciously. I'll just let them know it's wasted on me, but thank you very much.
Usually I'll drag out a bunch of stuff and say here, you need to try this. And this. And this... :-)
I hate picking out cigars, cause I can never make a decision, so I like to send someone else in to pick us cigars. That's easier. I don't have any "special occasion" cigars anymore, cause every single day is a special occasion. So whatever they pick is special, because I know they're going to enjoy it, and they're going to be happy they picked something I'll enjoy.
[Reply]
Blueface 12:57 PM 05-21-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
I can understand your dismay. I know this is after the fact but I would have said I have been saving this for now, for the two of us to enjoy together. In the future, if you do hand him a non dog rocket ever again :-) clip the head and then hand it over, it will show him you want to smoke the cigars now.
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Next time I'd say make it clear you wanted to share the cigars now.
It will save you some aggravation.
:-)

I have to say I have been handed some extremely, incredibly rare, fine cigars and I have not always smoked them right then and there. In fact, I still have a few that came that way.

I would expect my friend to tell me he wants me to enjoy that with him now and after I hear that then absolutely I would not hesitate to light it up and appease him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up