Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>What's the deal with eBay?
Bleez 08:11 PM 05-15-2010
Lots of people on there selling "bands" to cigars. Is this just how eBayers get away with selling tobacco online? Anyone ever bought any "bands" on eBay?
[Reply]
hotreds 08:12 PM 05-15-2010
Yes, no.
[Reply]
macsauce13 10:39 PM 05-15-2010
+1
[Reply]
JJG 10:59 PM 05-15-2010
lol, just decided to look for myself. clearly the Man O War Ruination cigar bands are soon to be a sought after collectible. :-) and it's nice to know they have been stored at 70/70 temp/humidity.
[Reply]
Scottw 12:25 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Yes, no.
& Maybe so.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:02 AM 05-16-2010
There was a thread on the old site I believe of a guy who bought opus "bands" on ebay and when they came and were placed next to bandm bought opus were clearly a different cigar all together....
[Reply]
Bax 02:14 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
There was a thread on the old site I believe of a guy who bought opus "bands" on ebay and when they came and were placed next to bandm bought opus were clearly a different cigar all together....
Yep, the fact that they don't mention OPUS CIGARS in the add is more than just E-bays tobacco policies :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 05:11 AM 05-16-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
I was said guy.

Caveat emptor and you get what you pay for definitely apply here, but I was blinded by thoughts of getting a good deal on some Opus X.

First and last time I tried that little experiment.
[Reply]
Bleez 06:38 AM 05-19-2010
So that's a definite no go unless I'm actually looking to collect bands...Which I'm not, haha. Thanks guys.
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:12 AM 05-23-2010
I made my first box purchase on ebay last summer! bought a rare box of Anejo (07)no. 50's for $300! (And they were the real thing too Vin!) :-)

Truly one of those things like women... YMMV:-)
[Reply]
whodeeni 05:51 PM 05-23-2010
Suggestion:

Pnoon & Other Mod's.... Maybe you want to go in and change the word "EBad"
in all the posts so that they don't come across our discussions and make further
changes to their policies?

I'm just sayin....:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 05:56 PM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Suggestion:

Pnoon & Other Mod's.... Maybe you want to go in and change the word "EBad"
in all the posts so that they don't come across our discussions and make further
changes to their policies?

I'm just sayin....:-)
To be honest, I don't think "they" will come across our discussions based on the word EBad. Besides, where are these posts you speak of?

My suggestion is to use the Report Post feature so all the admins can discuss what to do - if anything. :-)
[Reply]
Up