Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigars for my cruise?
Superbad 03:43 PM 05-07-2010
The cruises I have been on, usually have way overpriced NC cigars, so bring enough for yourself and maybe a few to share.
[Reply]
CigarNut 03:30 PM 05-08-2010
Originally Posted by Cigary:
I am going there in Sept. and last time I was in Cozumel you had to take a taxi downtown and I have heard that it was closed and I can't find a current address or location. If you know where it is that would be great.
I tried looking it up on the LcDH website and could not find it, so maybe it has closed for good. Oh well, at least there is still one in Grand Cayman!
[Reply]
shadow king 05:49 PM 05-08-2010
Here is another question: I know they won't allow you to have a jet lighter on you or your carry on. But do they allow you to pack them in your regular luggage? I will be travelling on a trip at the end of the month as well and don't really want to bring my entire stock of cedar matches.
[Reply]
bishjd123 06:37 PM 05-08-2010
I'm pretty sure that you'll need to get an FAA/TSA approved lighter case to carry in checked luggage. You should be able to find them online and they're not very expensive.
[Reply]
Cigary 07:52 PM 05-08-2010
Different stories to this. I stopped bringing my lighters on vacations when I travel by air because TSA tends to adopt different policies in different airports. Even with the FAA approved cases they will still keep the lighters. You can keep your case just not the lighter...doesn't make does it? That was my question and that pretty much guaranteed my lost lighter. Some agents will let you thru and sometimes they let me thru with my Ronson lighter...the last time they kept it. Bic lighters can be brought but no torches and even with your checked luggage it's a hit or miss and I don't take chances with my expensive lighters as I have had them seized as well. If you are willing to take a chance then beware that it's a 50/50 deal.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:15 PM 05-08-2010
I pack my lighters in my shaving kit and I also care a regular (non-torch) ligher in my carry-on, just in case. So far have not had a problem, but I am covered if they do decide to take my torch.
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 01:45 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by shadow king:
Here is another question: I know they won't allow you to have a jet lighter on you or your carry on. But do they allow you to pack them in your regular luggage? I will be travelling on a trip at the end of the month as well and don't really want to bring my entire stock of cedar matches.
They let me bring my torch lighter and cutter and everything on the cruise with no hassle at all.

It was a great trip by the way! Thanks for the great recommendations guys. I did, in fact, swing by LCDH and tell him that y'all sent me and he was appreciative.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:49 PM 05-17-2010
So how many cigars did you bring with you and did you go through them all?
[Reply]
CheapHumidors 01:56 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
So how many cigars did you bring with you and did you go through them all?
I brought ten, went through about 15, came back with 10 more :-)
[Reply]
Cigary 04:00 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by CheapHumidors:
I brought ten, went through about 15, came back with 10 more :-)
Hahaha...travel always makes me smoke like a chimney esp. when on a cruise. Hope you had a great time!:-)
[Reply]
JohnE1000 12:44 PM 05-18-2010
Morning: Graycliff DE, Cruzado, PLPC
afternoon: Tats, Anejo, WOAM
Evening: Padron, Ashton, Oliva V
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up