Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>D.C. area botls
Siebec 02:29 PM 12-17-2009
I recently took a job/internship in the D.C. area and will be living in either Arlington, Va or Alexandria, VA for awhile. The building I will be staying in does not allow smoking inside and i'm sure it will be pretty cold out side when I arrive in january.

I am looking for a list of cigar shops in the area which are accessible by the metro system as I won't have a car with me during my stay. I looked real quick and it seems you are still able to smoke inside at cigar shops in VA so I don't think that will be a problem.

Info about your favorite shops is appreciated and if any area botls would like to join me for a smoke when I arrive, feel free to PM me. Its always nice to meet fellow cigar enthusiasts from around the country!
[Reply]
MarioF 02:38 PM 12-17-2009
http://www.ovtc.com/
They have 6 or 7 locations I think one may be near a metro stop. Their prices are really good and they have a smoking area. Maybe after the holidays we can hook-up for a smoke.
[Reply]
ade06 02:38 PM 12-17-2009
Originally Posted by Siebec:
I recently took a job/internship in the D.C. area and will be living in either Arlington, Va or Alexandria, VA for awhile. The building I will be staying in does not allow smoking inside and i'm sure it will be pretty cold out side when I arrive in january.

I am looking for a list of cigar shops in the area which are accessible by the metro system as I won't have a car with me during my stay. I looked real quick and it seems you are still able to smoke inside at cigar shops in VA so I don't think that will be a problem.

Info about your favorite shops is appreciated and if any area botls would like to join me for a smoke when I arrive, feel free to PM me. Its always nice to meet fellow cigar enthusiasts from around the country!
Shelly's Backroom is very close to the metro.
[Reply]
Mark C 02:40 PM 12-17-2009
Congrats on the new job, and welcome to this part of town. I don't get down to DC much, but if I did, I'd check out Shelly's: http://www.shellysdc.com/

I'm pretty sure that place is on the metro, though not sure what line. You're right about the smoking, indoors will only be at cigar shops.
[Reply]
kydsid 02:49 PM 12-17-2009
Shellys and OVTC are good choices. There are quite a few DC and NoVA BOTL here that can help more and there is always the Nova herf crew you can find over at meetup.

Man I want to get back there. :-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:31 PM 12-17-2009
Depending on where you are in Arlington, I can't say enough about Cigar Connection on Fairfax Dr, it's about 1 block up from the Ballston Metro stop.

I work in the building directly across the street and am always up for a smoke.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:11 AM 12-18-2009
Chad,once you get here I'll see if one the regular attendees to my herfs will bring you up for a for a cigar or five.
There are a few that are pretty close to where you will be.
[Reply]
tsolomon 07:57 AM 12-18-2009
Shelley's Backroom is a place where you can get something to eat and smoke a cigar. They sell cigars there, but W. Curtis Draper's is the cigar shop just around the corner from Shelley's. You can get to both from the Metro Center subway stop, Shelley's is a 1/2 block walk and Draper's is a full block.
[Reply]
Clampdown 08:01 AM 12-18-2009
Lots of good guys in the area. Bryan (addiction), Matt (Skibumdc), Dan (Chenvt), Jeremy (jkim05), Myself. We meet up all the time at Baileys in Ballston Mall. In fact we have a monthly herf there. Another good shop is Cigar Connection. I'm not a huge fan of OVTC, I used to work there and just soured me on the company.
[Reply]
jkim05 08:06 AM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Lots of good guys in the area. Bryan (addiction), Matt (Skibumdc), Dan (Chenvt), Jeremy (jkim05), Myself. We meet up all the time at Baileys in Ballston Mall. In fact we have a monthly herf there. Another good shop is Cigar Connection. I'm not a huge fan of OVTC, I used to work there and just soured me on the company.
Yeah, another vote for Bailey's. Let us know when you get down here and we'll let you know when we meet up.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 08:49 AM 12-18-2009
Thanks...:-) :-)
[Reply]
Clampdown 09:13 AM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by N2Advnture:
Thanks...:-) :-)
****, sorry Mark. I only mentioned the guys that go to Baileys. But yes, above all we have Mark. For more info wiki "the part" for more info.

You know I love you. :-)
[Reply]
N2Advnture 09:15 AM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by clampdown:
...for more info wiki "the part" for more info....
roflmao!
[Reply]
Siebec 03:59 PM 12-18-2009
Thanks for the help, I have these marked and will be sure to visit them.

I just found out I will be living in Alexandria at the meridian.

:-)
[Reply]
Titan410 08:16 PM 12-18-2009
I'm not too far from DC (Anne Arundel County).
[Reply]
sboyajian 06:28 AM 12-19-2009
Just a quick FYI guys.. Bailey's is currently non-smoking for a short stint. Turns out the smoking room was not in compliance, but they are working to rectify that.
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:38 AM 12-19-2009
Bethesda Tobacco,I'm finding out is a great shop and lounge.
The owner Mike works seven days and is a true BOTL.
[Reply]
Clampdown 07:51 AM 12-19-2009
Originally Posted by sboyajian:
Just a quick FYI guys.. Bailey's is currently non-smoking for a short stint. Turns out the smoking room was not in compliance, but they are working to rectify that.
You're right. They were supposed to be ready to go immediately but from what they told us it should be mid January until they get all the issues worked out. Luckily we found a place close by in Leesburg that is compliant. (http://www.spankyspub.net/index.shtml)
[Reply]
burns 12:20 PM 05-27-2010
You're right. They were supposed to be ready to go immediately but from what they told us it should be mid January until they get all the issues worked out. Luckily we found a place close by in Leesburg that is compliant. (http://www.spankyspub.net/index.shtml)
There is also a nice shop in Leesburg called "Leesburg Pipe & Cigar"
[Reply]
loki 12:28 PM 05-27-2010
i'll be in fairfax from time to time this summer. I'm at herfs like a fat guy at a buffet table
[Reply]
Up