Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Online Retailers
rjerome 07:25 AM 11-02-2015
Hi All:

What would you people say is your biggest complaint/problem with on-line retailers and/or what do you feel is lacking and would like to see more of or less of as a consumer?

Thanks

Randy

**No, I'm Not Trying To Sell Anything Here**
[Reply]
pnoon 07:38 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by rjerome:
Hi All:

What would you people say is your biggest complaint/problem with on-line retailers and/or what do you feel is lacking and would like to see more of or less of as a consumer?

Thanks

Randy

**No, I'm Not Trying To Sell Anything Here**
That's a good thing. Because, if you were, you would be in violation of our rules regarding retailers.
[Reply]
T.G 07:48 AM 11-02-2015
Customs.
[Reply]
rjerome 07:49 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
That's a good thing. Because, if you were, you would be in violation of our rules regarding retailers.
On that note, would you have anything to add to the discussion??
[Reply]
rjerome 07:50 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by T.G:
Customs.
Is that really your biggest complaint?? :-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:53 AM 11-02-2015
Is that really your biggest complaint?? :-)
Yep.

Although "snarky vendors" is moving up the ladder pretty quickly to the #2 spot.
[Reply]
pnoon 07:56 AM 11-02-2015
On that note, would you have anything to add to the discussion??
(Just curious if you've read the rules of our forum)
More timely communication via email.
[Reply]
shilala 11:00 AM 11-02-2015
I'd like to see way more boobs.
[Reply]
The Poet 11:04 AM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'd like to see way more boobs.
I see enough boobs on this forum. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 11:09 AM 11-02-2015
Yeah, we gots us a new one on a tightrope. :-)
[Reply]
rjerome 12:58 PM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
(Just curious if you've read the rules of our forum)
More timely communication via email.
I may have when I originally signed up but, its been a while. Is there anything specifically you were referring to in the rules?
[Reply]
rjerome 01:02 PM 11-02-2015
Yep.

Although "snarky vendors" is moving up the ladder pretty quickly to the #2 spot.
Colonel, wasn't trying to be "snarky" you had posted something earlier that you pulled down when I hit reply it ended up replying to this later post!
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:05 PM 11-02-2015
Randy, you may have noticed that your original post did not go where you wanted it to go. You might want to go our Retailer section (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=116) and post an introduction.
[Reply]
T.G 01:18 PM 11-02-2015
Colonel, wasn't trying to be "snarky" you had posted something earlier that you pulled down when I hit reply it ended up replying to this later post!
I wasn't referring to your answer to me.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:41 PM 11-02-2015
Hi Randy. I'm assuming you want to know about cigar related vendors online.
I think the days of poorly functioning web sites is over. Most retailers do a great job now. Live inventory is mandatory for me to use a site. Ya, I get that smaller shops can't do that always. But there is no way I'm gonna get on the phone to check if something they offer is in stock. (Minor peeve).

The single biggest problem I have with any retailer are grossly unrealistic MSRP prices to make their price seem like a great deal. I find that almost all sites offer very similar prices on their regular goods, but really stretch the truth on specials and e-mail only specials. Just yesterday I clicked on special offers from a huge and reputable dealer. (I've used them many times.)
They had a box that I love, I mean love, for 20% off regular price. Their 20% off price is exactly [u]double[u] the regular price of what some vendors sell this box for.

Caution must be used when there are "employee pricing", "blow outs", "liquidation sale" and the usual hype you hear from a used car lot. I know it's "buyer beware" but please. A retailer has every right to make a profit, but fooling us fools into thinking we are getting a special deal is low.:-)

I am guessing you may be thinking of doing on-line retailing. I believe you may get better info if you ask what people like about e-commerce sites.:-)
[Reply]
rjerome 01:55 PM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Randy, you may have noticed that your original post did not go where you wanted it to go. You might want to go our Retailer section (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=116) and post an introduction.
Thank you
[Reply]
rjerome 01:58 PM 11-02-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
Hi Randy. I'm assuming you want to know about cigar related vendors online.
I think the days of poorly functioning web sites is over. Most retailers do a great job now. Live inventory is mandatory for me to use a site. Ya, I get that smaller shops can't do that always. But there is no way I'm gonna get on the phone to check if something they offer is in stock. (Minor peeve).

The single biggest problem I have with any retailer are grossly unrealistic MSRP prices to make their price seem like a great deal. I find that almost all sites offer very similar prices on their regular goods, but really stretch the truth on specials and e-mail only specials. Just yesterday I clicked on special offers from a huge and reputable dealer. (I've used them many times.)
They had a box that I love, I mean love, for 20% off regular price. Their 20% off price is exactly [u]double[u] the regular price of what some vendors sell this box for.

Caution must be used when there are "employee pricing", "blow outs", "liquidation sale" and the usual hype you hear from a used car lot. I know it's "buyer beware" but please. A retailer has every right to make a profit, but fooling us fools into thinking we are getting a special deal is low.:-)

I am guessing you may be thinking of doing on-line retailing. I believe you may get better info if you ask what people like about e-commerce sites.:-)

Thank you this was very helpful, I appreciate all of the honest feedback.
[Reply]
rjerome 01:58 PM 11-02-2015
I wasn't referring to your answer to me.
Got it!

Thank you Colonel
[Reply]
Weelok 02:33 PM 11-02-2015
I don't like overly flashy websites that are technically cool but make finding whT I want difficult. I actually like Tower Cigars website but not his lack of PooPail

PooFail support is a must for me and not the Dougherty method that is coded up on old websites that don't allow for mobile devices to work and only allows website access.

Mobile device support is a must however a mobile page is not and adds confusion so don't do a mobile only view. At least give the option to view on browser.

Hot links to sales are nice like at Atlantic Cigar.

Email to subscribers on new and upcoming releases is great.

Access to a live person to handle phone support is a must.

Flexible shipping options is good.

Summary, make it easy to buy from the site, avoid flashy gimmicks that distract me from buying.
[Reply]
shilala 03:07 PM 11-02-2015
I'm disappointed my recommendation for boobs hasn't taken on more life.
Very disappointed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up