Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Humidors stolen, I need some kind words...
Tio Gato 10:25 AM 10-31-2008
I'm looking for a few kind words of reassurance.
I came home yesterday afternoon to find a dozen or so cigars in my driveway. I thought a bomb had been left by the mailman and the dog tore it open. Then I noticed all the blue crystals from my HumiCare jars scattered about also.

The bums smashed my plate glass window and ransacked the house. They stole about 10k worth of watches and our laptops. But what really pissed me off, they stole two humidors. One was a freebie with mostly lousy Padilla Achilles and Obsidians. But the other one was my first "real" humidor my wife had given me for our first Christmas many years ago. It was a Diamond Crown with a brass name plate that said "Uncle Kitty". (My silly nickname.) I had hoped to pass this on to my nephew some day. It was full of oddball cigars I had collected for the bands. Thankfully they didn't steal the other dozen or so humidors I have, the one with the "wicked good" cigars is fine. They didn't steal the Tupperdores packed with unopened boxes, thank God.

Needless to say, the alarm company will be out in the morning to install a system. I gotta protect the rest of my smokes.

Thanks for reading this somewhat pointless post. But I had to share this with people who can appreciate the loss of cigars. The police and the insurance company can't seem to "feel my pain" on this one. The police detective said that whoever stole them would probably turn them into blunts.

Any kind words of assurance that I can share with my wife will be very appreciated. She's flippin' out and is talking of moving to the woods of Maine. She's trying hard to look on the brightside, no one was hurt, etc.
but she's having a tough time. I'm sure some of you have experienced something like this and can impart some wisdom to calm the Mrs. with.

Ahhh, I feel better already. This venting is way better than therapy.
Thanks!

The PO'd cigar chomping fat cat from Massachusetts, Uncle Kitty:-)
[Reply]
forgop 10:29 AM 10-31-2008
Sorry to hear about that. Pretty odd that someone would steal humidors of all things unless they knew what they were looking for.
[Reply]
mmblz 10:30 AM 10-31-2008
that sucks!!!

if you have the time or energy for it, you could wait a day or two then check pawn shops for your humidor...

a friend had his drum set stolen and he found it in a pawn shop...
[Reply]
Volt 10:47 AM 10-31-2008
Ouch, that has to hurt. Might I recommend a nice furry chow chow. My pups have kept the house secure for many a year. Hopefully they will get caught before too many more get robbed.

[Reply]
bobarian 11:18 AM 10-31-2008
Sorry to hear about your loss. But I am glad to hear no one was home when it happened and all of you family are safe.
[Reply]
Scottw 11:22 AM 10-31-2008
What a crappy thing to have happen to you. On the bright side I wil repeat what many have said. No one was home, no one got hurt. The alarm system should help a lot and hopefully give the Mrs. the security that was lost with this act of cowardice. On the bright side for you, the "wicked" good smokes were ok and the tupperdores intact. The thought of someone ripping open a perfectly good stick to make a blunt chaps my ass though.
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:27 AM 10-31-2008
Really sorry for your loss. I would hate to have any of my stash stolen. More importantly, I'd hate to have my house broken into period. I can't say I have any words of consulation for the wife.
[Reply]
BlackDog 11:31 AM 10-31-2008
Wow, this really stinks. Sure, the loss of your stuff is bad, but the loss of your security and peace of mind is much worse. I'm very sorry this happened to you.
[Reply]
zmancbr 12:36 PM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Wow, this really stinks. Sure, the loss of your stuff is bad, but the loss of your security and peace of mind is much worse. I'm very sorry this happened to you.
I agree... it sucks to lose stuff that you love because it was a special gift or because it had a lot of sentimental value... but it really sucks that you will be looking over your shoulder because someone had to break in. I am definitely sorry to hear this. :-)
[Reply]
groogs 12:41 PM 10-31-2008
I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can find the humi in a pawn shop since it had sentimental value. I hope the people who did this rot in hell for their actions. Reading this made me so mad, I hate it when low lives steal from honest hard working people. I hope the security system makes your wife feel more secure, and if not, I would suggest getting a big dog.
[Reply]
68TriShield 12:48 PM 10-31-2008
A bummer indeed Uncle Kitty. You will rebuild and be better than ever :-)
[Reply]
dunng 01:18 PM 10-31-2008
Man that sucks... at least no one was harmed and stuff can be replaced... :-)
[Reply]
jbo57 01:36 PM 10-31-2008
Man that stinks. I am really sorry to hear about your loss.
[Reply]
spincycle 01:40 PM 10-31-2008
Sorry to hear about your stuff. I hate thieves. It's such an incredibly cowardly act. If you're going to try and steal something from me, do it like a man, while I'm in the house.
[Reply]
macms 01:57 PM 10-31-2008
I'm sorry to hear your sanctuary was violated. We were burglarized and it was the knowledge that a stranger broke into in our home and touched our things that truly impacted us. This was replaced by anger and finally revisiting our beliefs and taking the steps to help restore the sense of peace that we lost.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 03:01 PM 10-31-2008
That sucks, I agree you need a few dogs loose in that house.
[Reply]
Sanitariumite 03:11 PM 10-31-2008
Sorry to hear this happened to you. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through this kind of violation of valued and private property. But, as many else have said, at least nobody was hurt. Alarm systems are well worth their cost. My dad owned a small-scale alarm company for many years, and it's one of those things you hope you never need, but if you do, it immediately pays for itself. Best of luck to you on finding your things, and replacing those you can't.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 03:48 PM 10-31-2008
I'm so sorry to hear about your situation.

Years ago, a crazy speed freak chick broke in my parents house (where I was staying for the summer). I came home from the store with my girlfriend and she said she needed to use the bathroom while I stayed outside to unload the car. Well, a few minutes later I walk in the house and look in the bedroom and see what I think is my girlfriend laying on the bed with her bikini on. Her head was covered up with a pillow. I said, "how did you get in a bikini so fast?" The pillow lifted and out popped the head of medusa. This crazy crank head was in the house wearing my girlfriends bikini! She was all messed up and made a strange hissing noise. It scared the crap out of me. I started yelling for my girlfriend, who was still in the bathroom, to get out. We both ran across the street and called the police. The speed freak got caught with all my mom's credit cards in her purse. My parents then got an alarm.

Bottom line: Get an alarm before you need it.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:18 PM 10-31-2008
Thank you all for your kind words. The wife is feeling much better since the alarm man is visiting in the morning.
Thanks so much for suggesting a dog, I really really really want one. (How old am I?)

Thanks all. I think we will sleep much better tonight. I know I will after venting a bit.
[Reply]
AdamC 04:20 PM 10-31-2008
I'm very sorry for your loss! I hope everything works out for the best with you and the Mrs. I'm glad no one was harmed physically. Unfortunately the psychological effect will last for a while. Just try to work through it the best you can.
I wish you the very best.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up