Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Entertainment>Game of Thrones Season 4 thread
Chainsaw13 07:08 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Good episode. Liked seeing a little more about the white walkers. After listening to the books it will be nice to see what cliff hanger this season ends on.
Yea, that was interesting as the books never go into what happened to Craster's sons. Wasn't a hard stretch to imagine, but neat to see if visually.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:09 AM 04-28-2014
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Good episode. Liked seeing a little more about the white walkers. After listening to the books it will be nice to see what cliff hanger this season ends on.
Yea, that was interesting as the books never go into what happened to Craster's sons. Wasn't a hard stretch to imagine, but neat to see it visually.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:11 AM 04-28-2014
That was metal as f......:-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:03 AM 05-01-2014
i am going to watch the past two eps tonight, then get back to my two week waiting cycle.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 09:16 AM 05-01-2014
I am enjoying the series on HBO but have not read the books. For the folks that have read the books... Are they diverging from the main story line of the books or are they changing more of the in-between stuff? I hope they stick with the "big picture" plot line of the books. Things are always better when done that way.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 12:49 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Sweet_Leaf_PDX:
I am enjoying the series on HBO but have not read the books. For the folks that have read the books... Are they diverging from the main story line of the books or are they changing more of the in-between stuff? I hope they stick with the "big picture" plot line of the books. Things are always better when done that way.
So far they have stuck to the books well. Last weeks episode is the first one in my opinion that has really strayed from the books. Hbo said its a good possibility that the show may pass the current books content before GRR Martin finishes the last 2 books.
[Reply]
OLS 06:38 PM 06-02-2014
Is there a more entertaining, devastating, interesting combination of people that Arya Stark and The Mountain?

No.
No there isn't.
I wish they'd get married.
[Reply]
Gabe215 06:40 PM 06-02-2014
I think you mean his brother- The Hound?
[Reply]
OLS 07:01 PM 06-02-2014
Sorry...The Hound.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:43 AM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by OLS:
Is there a more entertaining, devastating, interesting combination of people that Arya Stark and The Mountain?

No.
No there isn't.
I wish they'd get married.
haha. You may have something there.

Arya is still my favorite character, I think.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:45 AM 06-03-2014
Oh, and this last episode was the most entertaining and gripping as I have seen in the series. Bravo. I enjoyed this recap.
[Reply]
OLS 11:52 AM 06-03-2014
Was that to be considered a cliff hanger now in this world where 8 episodes is a "season"?
If it was, it was OK in that regard but DAMN, even though I knew how it would likely turn out
it still blew my mind. I guess we can assure ourselves a battle between the two brothers?
An awful lot of setup for the siege of the Wall for no kind of meat on em bones.

OK, I see there are two more coming.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 02:46 PM 06-03-2014
I haven't read the books, thankfully.

I don't expect the brothers to fight, though. I think the Mountain died right after the Viper did. Maybe I am making an assumption, though. We don't know for sure, I guess.

Peter Dinklish should (will?) win an Emmy. I think he is in my top ten actors.
[Reply]
E.J. 03:58 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
I think the Mountain died right after the Viper did. Maybe I am making an assumption, though. We don't know for sure, I guess.
I am assuming the same thing and so ask, if both contestants in the trial by combat die, why does Tyrion still lose and is thus sentenced to death...:-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:07 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I am assuming the same thing and so ask, if both contestants in the trial by combat die, why does Tyrion still lose and is thus sentenced to death...:-)
Because the Viper died first. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 05:08 PM 06-03-2014
I see both your points, I was scattershooting. I imagine he dies shortly thereafter. But Crimps sounds right,
you gotta draw the line somewhere, especially when most of your remaining family hates you.
[Reply]
E.J. 05:38 PM 06-03-2014
I think Tyrion makes it through the season!
[Reply]
Gabe215 06:08 PM 06-03-2014
My favorite character is by far Stanis! And hope he comes to power, nervous if he goes up against Dynaris though! Glad to see Sansa finally making smart decisions and starting to play the game, although Baelish is absolute pure evil he would never do anything to harm her. And What's gonna happen now with Ser Jorah Mormont pretty sure Dynaris should've killed him on the spot! Lastly in the Tyrion subject I'm pretty sure Jamie will come to the recue one way or another him and Braun possibly!
[Reply]
CRIMPS 06:08 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by E.J.:
I think Tyrion makes it through the season!
Hopeful thinking. As do I :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:00 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
My favorite character is by far Stanis! And hope he comes to power, nervous if he goes up against Dynaris though! Glad to see Sansa finally making smart decisions and starting to play the game, although Baelish is absolute pure evil he would never do anything to harm her. And What's gonna happen now with Ser Jorah Mormont pretty sure Dynaris should've killed him on the spot! Lastly in the Tyrion subject I'm pretty sure Jamie will come to the recue one way or another him and Braun possibly!
I wouldn't go so far as to say that. Remember what Varys had to say about him: "He'd see Westeros burn as long as he could be king of the ashes." Littlefinger only sees people in terms of how they can help him climb the ladder of chaos.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up