Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 4513 > Last »
Entertainment>True Blood
BengalMan 10:40 AM 11-28-2008
Originally Posted by StinkiMonki:
My wife and I are totally hooked on this show. Sex, violence, monsters. Perfect!
Same here Geoff, we get in front of the TV every Sunday for this, then Entourage. It's a shame they're both over now.
[Reply]
doctorcue 04:19 PM 12-01-2008
The wife started watching this and I found myself sitting with her. I like the take on how they are known and among the general population. A lot of story lines going on. I need to catch up.

Oh yeah, also:
[Reply]
MadAl 08:40 PM 12-01-2008
Took me a few episodes to get used to it but it grew on me or the writers figured the characters out. Great show! Hope HBO has some more tricks up their sleeve.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 PM 12-01-2008
Originally Posted by doctorcue:
Oh yeah, also:
You're making me dizzy....are you trying to "glamour" me? :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 12:05 AM 12-05-2008
weee... just finished watching the tivo'ed eps and getting caught up on the season.

interesting show..... its like sex and the city meets murder she wrote meets vampires.... normally I dont go for the sex and the city type shows, but I have to say I am HOOKED on this show. its like freakin crack. ESPECIALLY when the next ep is tivo'ed and all you have to do is hit the next button..... I think I watched 5 eps in one night cause I kept hitting next (yeah, I was regretting it the next day :bn)

I'm glad HBO picked it up for another run... though SUMMER 09? grr, I dont wanna wait! There's a lot of plot lines going on there... it will be interesting to see how things develop.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 12:31 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
its like sex and the city meets murder she wrote
:-)
[Reply]
MadAl 06:11 AM 12-05-2008
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
ESPECIALLY when the next ep is tivo'ed and all you have to do is hit the next button..... I think I watched 5 eps in one night cause I kept hitting next (yeah, I was regretting it the next day :bn)
It's also on OnDemand, usually the next day.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:24 PM 06-22-2009
Anyovody watching Season 2? It really started heating up in episode #2. :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 09:40 AM 06-23-2009
My wife loves the books and we just recently bought and watched season 1. I liked it. I have downloaded the first episode and am currently looking for the second one. We'll buy that one when it comes out too.

I still haven't decided if I'll read the books. I probably will later in the summer.
[Reply]
blooz4u 09:44 AM 06-23-2009
Yup...it's a Sunday night staple in our household. The wife and I have read the first two books. It's a good watch, sometimes cheesy, but still a good watch!
[Reply]
PeteSB75 10:52 AM 06-23-2009
I'm waiting for my season 1 DVD set to come in, so my girlfriend can catch up and we can watch S2 together. In the meanwhile, they are sitting on my DVR in HD, waiting for me to watch... Hope I don't fill it up :-)
[Reply]
kayaker 07:32 AM 06-24-2009
Just watched episode 2 this morning. It's getting pretty interesting.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:44 AM 06-24-2009
Originally Posted by kayaker:
Just watched episode 2 this morning. It's getting pretty interesting.
I must agree. :-)
[Reply]
kzm007 06:26 PM 06-25-2009
I catch them online through certain sources, since I don't get HBO lol but I do love the series, and I will buy the season sets when I get the money.

Couldn't really get into the books, but the end of 2x2 really left me hooked, as always.
[Reply]
Azpostal 02:08 AM 06-26-2009
Yes, I really enjoy this show. It seems the 1rst episode of both seasons started off slow. Now it's getting that twist just like season 1.
[Reply]
Jdbwolverines 02:20 PM 06-26-2009
finally got to watch both of the new episodes for season 2 last night. Definitely hooked right back in. It seems this season is off to a faster start than last years even.
[Reply]
kzm007 07:19 AM 06-29-2009
I agree; I just downloaded the third episode, and am going to watch it in a few. I think once the cast and directors knew their places in the show, they became better able at carrying the story forward in an engaging way.

I'm just glad they kept the show opening credits the same.
[Reply]
trader1974 09:00 AM 06-29-2009
My wife and I are sunday night regulars as well. This season is starting to get good!
[Reply]
kzm007 12:42 PM 06-29-2009
This might seem like an odd request, but in the third episode, could somebody tell me what that bump is on Jessica's upper lip, when she's in Merlotte's with Hoyt near the end? I didn't notice it in the earlier scenes in Sookie's car, which is the only reason I'm asking - it's probably a pimple hidden by make-up, but this HD business brings out details I'd never bother noticing, and I'm bored enough to ask.

Couldn't believe the way this episode started :-) man!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:07 PM 06-29-2009
Originally Posted by kzm007:
This might seem like an odd request, but in the third episode, could somebody tell me what that bump is on Jessica's upper lip, when she's in Merlotte's with Hoyt near the end? I didn't notice it in the earlier scenes in Sookie's car, which is the only reason I'm asking - it's probably a pimple hidden by make-up, but this HD business brings out details I'd never bother noticing, and I'm bored enough to ask.

Couldn't believe the way this episode started :-) man!
It is funny you mention that because last night I was noticing all kinds of detail that I hadn't before, like how bad skin MaryAnn's skin is (her makeup looked caked on), and Jason's pores looked huge...maybe they are shooting with cameras that have better quality the last couple shows?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up