Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Do bad initial cigars steer you away from a brand?
yourchoice 10:21 AM 06-13-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
I try alot, and I mean alot of different cigars. I will smoke at least two no matter what the first result was. If there are two bad results, I usually do not revisit them. I don't really take into account construction because there are always going to be some that are not up to par. I tend to focus on flavor alone. Everything else I can deal with.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. :-)
This is pretty much the same as me....especially trying a lot of different sticks. The one caveat for me is the time between the two samples. If something is really disappointing, I may not revisit it for months and months months.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 10:29 AM 06-13-2009
It really depends on the Marca... If it has a solid reputation I will revisit, if not I won't...
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:05 AM 06-13-2009
I made this mistake with some CCs early on smoking them to soon. The end result was I was turned off to sticks like the SCDLH Principe. When I tried them again a year plus later I realized I had wasted a lot of time not smoking great sticks.
[Reply]
Dunkel 01:52 PM 06-13-2009
I have to say that after smoking a Tierra Del Sol by Perdomo that I may avoid just about any cigar that has by such and such instead of a real makers name. I have 4 more in the humidor that i hope time will sort out.
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:40 PM 06-13-2009
I tend to buy cigars that I haven't tried in pairs. The first one to smoke immediately, the second to revisit in a month or so.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up