Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Rocky Patel,friend or foe?
Scottw 09:28 AM 06-10-2009
I love the decades and am a big fan of the 1990 as well.
[Reply]
shilala 09:40 AM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Rocky is a friend. Heck, he blends and makes cigars, doesn't he? He goes out and meets the public, his BotL's. He makes cigars at all price points, so whether you're a refined connoisseur or a noob, there's probably something with his name on it in your humi. Honestly, I don't know how anyone could consider him a foe...unless you would like to see cigar smoking banned from the culture.
Good stuff, Gerry. Good points.
I can't see him as anything but a friend. I just keyed on the "friends don't sell friends generic third world suck cigars at inflated prices" point and got stuck there. That kinda stuff really tweaks me off. :-)
I sure think he has good intentions, and I'm glad he's a BOTL. :-)
[Reply]
VTDragon 09:41 AM 06-10-2009
Rocky makes well constructed cigars in a wide variety of flavor profiles. I like some, don't like others , but at least I know that I'll always get a well made cigar if Rocky's name is on it.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:44 AM 06-10-2009
As most of the Michigan people know, I don't care for his cigars at all. Only decent one I had was the edge sumatra, but even that I'm not running out to buy. On the other hand he is a great guy. When it comes down to it you smoke what you like.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:09 AM 06-10-2009
I have a decade and an OWR Maddie in my cooler

if I ever get around to cigars again, they're first on the list out of curiousity
[Reply]
GrtndpwrflOZ 10:12 AM 06-10-2009
Who's Rocky Patel?
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 10:41 AM 06-10-2009
One thing we have to give credit to Rocky for is the fact that he is not a Fuente, Oliva, Padron or of the latin decent. For just over twelve years this guy has attacked the cigar industry with as much passion for blending cigars and marketing a brand that could appeal to everyone. From there it is simply preferrence. Do YOU like RP's. Some facts that may be of interest to most is that Rocky has been a pioneer for our rights as Cigar Smokers. He is in my opinion, the hardest working individual in the industry. Rocky has worked directly with the Government to save our precious hobby. SCHIP would have hit for over a $1.50 a cigar if he didn't raise his voice against the BIG TOBACCO business. Rocky Patel is without question a "FRIEND". To YOU, ME and anyone looking forward to thier next CAO, Fuente, Oliva, Don Pepin or whatever suites YOUR pallet.

Just my two cents!
[Reply]
TripleF 10:48 AM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by RPguy:
One thing we have to give credit to Rocky for is the fact that he is not a Fuente, Oliva, Padron or of the latin decent. For just over twelve years this guy has attacked the cigar industry with as much passion for blending cigars and marketing a brand that could appeal to everyone. From there it is simply preferrence. Do YOU like RP's. Some facts that may be of interest to most is that Rocky has been a pioneer for our rights as Cigar Smokers. He is in my opinion, the hardest working individual in the industry. Rocky has worked directly with the Government to save our precious hobby. SCHIP would have hit for over a $1.50 a cigar if he didn't raise his voice against the BIG TOBACCO business. Rocky Patel is without question a "FRIEND". To YOU, ME and anyone looking forward to thier next CAO, Fuente, Oliva, Don Pepin or whatever suites YOUR pallet.

Just my two cents!

Here! Here!

And.......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, btw....I love RP's :-) :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 11:09 AM 06-10-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
Here! Here!

And.......ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, btw....I love RP's :-) :-)
Scott and myself are in the same boat, excuse the pun. I have more RPs in my stash than any other. OWR, Decades, and Vintage are gooood sticks. I like those chewy maduros.
[Reply]
bigloo 11:14 AM 06-10-2009
Never met the guy, like his Decade and OWR, his Vintage (both 90 and 92) were favorites... I still like the vintage and smoke them occasionally. I have tried every thing with RP names on it, at his worst his sticks are still very smokable. However, I dislike the IT brand a lot, never had one I like (although never had the ITC 10th). All in all, I think RP is a solid producer.
[Reply]
Bruzee 12:09 PM 06-10-2009
Friend.... There are several cigars Rocky makes that I enjoy. To include the Vintage Series, Decade, Fusion and Edge. I have also met Rocky and thought he was a very down to earth and friendly person. But, to each his own. :-)
[Reply]
ade06 12:39 PM 06-10-2009
Foe... his cigars make me spend money!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up