Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>5 Vegas Relic
bigloo 05:13 PM 06-10-2009
I was the guy who sent Bobby one of these on trade. I am ashamed for doing that. I fired one up after sending him the trade and I turned green on puff #1. It was bitter, bitter, bitter. The only flavor was this bitter acrid tarry nasty taste. If you go up in the post you will see I say I hope this is the first 5 Vegas I like, well, still waiting... this is a horrible cigar. As it turns out, the draw was good one mine, which was not a good thing, I would have prefered a hard draw resulted in less crap in my mouth. The cigar is unique in that foot/head is closed... need a double clip.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:15 PM 06-10-2009
Have only had the "A" and the Gold and was not impressed.
[Reply]
Random Guy 05:57 PM 06-10-2009
I had a Gold last week and it was horrible! And I have 4 more of them! Hopefully, they age better? (any thoughts on that?)

That being said, I really like the Classic torpedo!
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:45 PM 06-10-2009
Bigloo, its not your fault, the cigar looks awesome, who could blame you? IWANT TO LIKE THAT CIGAR,lol... i just cannot! i still love you!
[Reply]
Thrak 06:50 PM 06-10-2009
well I got 10 off the Jam today so I'll have to report back...
[Reply]
DoctaJ 01:01 PM 06-11-2009
I have this cigar on my wish list as well. As people have already mentioned, the box presentation is definitely unique. The only other 5 Vegas I have had in the past is the A series which I am a fan of. I also have 2 Miami's in the humidor that I recieved recently and also have a bid on the devil site for a sample that includes the cask strength. I will say this is a stick I can wait on...I will try it when the chance arises or when I see a good deal for one/some (probably on the devil site again).
[Reply]
DoctaJ 01:02 PM 06-11-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
The Miami is good too, but I didn't like the Miami Knuckle. I have a Limitada in the humi, but have yet to smoke it. You can't go wrong with one of thier samplers.
What didn't you like about the Knuckle as compared to the other Miami size(s) you have tried?
[Reply]
big a 06:02 PM 06-11-2009
I'm with bob and bigloo, however my experience wasn't as bad as bigloo's. The cigar was nothing great. Mine seemed to be pretty "nutty" and that was it. Draw was ok but there was something missing. I would like to try another with a year or so of age to see if that helps. Other than that it is just another cigar with great presentation that does not deliver.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:48 PM 06-12-2009
I just had one... it was still a bit wet from CI, but I couldnt wait

All in all I enjoyed it. Draw was good, burn was sharp, LOTS of smoke, good flavor... I'm sure there are better but for the price (10 for $29 on JoeCigar), I liked it.

I'll try another in a week or two to see how they are at 65%
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up