Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 155 of 199
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
stearns 09:11 AM 10-04-2022
Went to TN for the weekend with my wife and in-laws, my FIL was set on finding this whiskey since it's only sold in TN (despite being distilled in KY), I finally tracked one down on our last day there. He liked the celebrity connection, but it tastes like 91 proof two year old bourbon. Honestly could be worst, looks like it's distilled by Green River who I don't have much experience with but know people love their 4 year stuff. Other than a 100ml flask for him to take home and about an ounce extra that I brought back so I could give it a proper taste, we killed the whole thing in one evening :-) :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 09:09 AM 10-05-2022
Happy FIL, Happy Life. :-)

I just made due with some Booker's, Ben. :-)

[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 07:40 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by stearns:
Nice! I love ER, I have the big bottle of it and usually start any tasting with that to set my palate

The barrels I picked back in October finally came in, probably bought more horses than I need but I wasn't going to turn anything down after waiting this long

You did the tasting for the Stagg Jr? What state? It's pretty much all but impossible to find a Jr in Michigan unfortunately.
[Reply]
stearns 08:00 AM 10-26-2022
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
You did the tasting for the Stagg Jr? What state? It's pretty much all but impossible to find a Jr in Michigan unfortunately.
I went down to KY to actually pick it, but it was for a group in CO, we had to make a pretty sizable donation to a charity that Buffalo Trace was partnering with to have the opportunity to buy it. It was supposed to be the first Stagg Jr pick made (or one of the first 4, there were three other groups who did our same donation) but things didn't go as fast as they were supposed to and a lot of stores got to make picks before us. In CO there are 4-5 stores that have gotten to do picks, I got lucky on one of them but have never actually found a "shelf" batched Stagg Jr. in a store for anything resembling retail
[Reply]
big a 04:35 PM 10-26-2022
I went down to KY to actually pick it, but it was for a group in CO, we had to make a pretty sizable donation to a charity that Buffalo Trace was partnering with to have the opportunity to buy it. It was supposed to be the first Stagg Jr pick made (or one of the first 4, there were three other groups who did our same donation) but things didn't go as fast as they were supposed to and a lot of stores got to make picks before us. In CO there are 4-5 stores that have gotten to do picks, I got lucky on one of them but have never actually found a "shelf" batched Stagg Jr. in a store for anything resembling retail
Is it the 5280 group by chance?
[Reply]
hammondc 06:31 AM 10-27-2022
Anyone seeing Elijiah Craig Toasted Barrell in stores yet?
[Reply]
stearns 07:26 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by big a:
Is it the 5280 group by chance?
This one was for CBRC (Colorado Bourbon and Rye Collectors) but 5280 had a Stagg pick last year as well
[Reply]
stearns 07:27 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I see them on and off, they've been out for a few years and were harder to get when they first came out but still somewhat sought after. I like it when I'm in the mood for something sweet
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Saw a couple in the store a couple blocks from me last week, Chip, think they wanted $79?

Cracked a Booker's Beaten Biscuits last night. Peanut brittle bomb.

[Reply]
Beagleone 09:27 AM 10-27-2022
Picked up a couple of bottles of the Old Forrester King Ranch edition last week. It is interesting, a bit sweet, but not worth the secondary prices. I got mine at MSRP. When it hit the shelves here in Texas, the flippers were buying it up and posting on the secondary market starting at $250 for a $60 bottle. OF flooded the stores and by the end of week, those secondary prices came down quite a bit.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:59 AM 10-27-2022
I see them on and off, they've been out for a few years and were harder to get when they first came out but still somewhat sought after. I like it when I'm in the mood for something sweet
I love it. EC is about all I drink anymore. I am not paying the stupid prices fols are getting for a lot of my faves. We used to get Rock Hill farms for $35
and pass it around the campfire because I lived in a town called Rock Hill.
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:33 AM 10-27-2022

Heater!
[Reply]
stearns 02:46 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by s15driftking:

Heater!
Oh hey there friend, that looks tasty :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:14 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Saw a couple in the store a couple blocks from me last week, Chip, think they wanted $79?

Cracked a Booker's Beaten Biscuits last night. Peanut brittle bomb.

Precisely! Beam and HH are notorious for peanuts and/or peanut brittle. Love it.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:52 AM 12-26-2022
Bought this today on recommendation from a couple friends. Very tasty.
Attached: 033FDECF-3369-4A27-AF71-47D01D587E29.jpg (14.9 KB) 
[Reply]
icehog3 07:48 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I've heard good things about that one, and it's readily available and reasonably priced. If it was 138 proof it would be perfect for me Bob. :-) :-)

I settled for 125 proof last night. :-)

[Reply]
stearns 08:08 AM 12-27-2022
Got lucky on Christmas Eve and snagged and EH Taylor Barrel Proof, had to make a snap decision for one bottle on a table full of amazing stuff, got it down to this and Parkers but I knew I'd be happy with either and one has $100 less of a retail price :-)

The cigar bar we usually go to here has that one, it's a really solid pour especially for the price, makes for a great cigar pairing :-)

I settled for 125 proof last night. :-)
I finally found some Barton I was a big fan of, a friend sent a sample of Calumet 16. It's still like $150 for Barton, but I had it blind and was a big fan. Now those 1792FP's? You can have em
[Reply]
icehog3 08:11 AM 12-27-2022
I finally found some Barton I was a big fan of, a friend sent a sample of Calumet 16. It's still like $150 for Barton, but I had it blind and was a big fan. Now those 1792FP's? You can have em
Generally, I would agree Ben. But this particular barrel (Binny's Batch #3) is stellar. This is my 3rd bottle of it, and I've got a line on 2 more locally.
[Reply]
jledou 08:16 AM 12-30-2022

if you haven't tried the triple mash, it is worth checking out at least once.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:39 AM 12-30-2022
Generally, I would agree Ben. But this particular barrel (Binny's Batch #3) is stellar. This is my 3rd bottle of it, and I've got a line on 2 more locally.
Out here in Arizona, I'll run into 1792FB from time to time, but have never really taken a close look at the face for the "Binny" sticker. I'll attempt to be "more aware" next time I run across 1792...
[Reply]
Page 155 of 199
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165 > Last »
Up