Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 54 of 70
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
Coffee Discussion>COFFEE: What are you drinking?
forgop 11:26 AM 12-25-2012
I've had a full french press of Unclebeanz Negrita (again) along with some nespresso made Ethopian Yirgacheffe. I'm going to turn into the great Cornholio soon.
[Reply]
Garbandz 06:37 PM 12-25-2012
did a co-roast of malabar and sumatra, to full city.really not fond of either alone,together they make beautiful music.........
Also roasted up some Peru, and some Yunnan {china} peaberry,the peru is almost smokey,the Yunnan is earthy and has a dry finish.both to city + roast........
[Reply]
cigarislife 08:14 AM 12-26-2012
I'm into Starbucks
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:37 AM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
I've had a full french press of Unclebeanz Negrita (again) along with some nespresso made Ethopian Yirgacheffe. I'm going to turn into the great Cornholio soon.

Thanks to Duane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
BSB 09:53 AM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by cigarislife:
I'm into Starbucks
Oh well :-)
[Reply]
BSB 09:55 AM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:

Thanks to Duane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY NICE!
Brazil Bob-o-link, roasted 84 hours ago, excellent. I am so impressed with this coffee, I'm giving it a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! A real crowd pleaser :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:29 AM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by BSB:
Haha my thoughts too. Although I did enjoy many years of Caramel Fraps!!!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:42 AM 12-26-2012
...:-):-)

[Reply]
BSB 10:56 AM 12-26-2012
Haha my thoughts too. Although I did enjoy many years of Caramel Fraps!!!
I think, their specialty drinks, can be okay. Honestly, I don't really know. But, as for real coffee :-)
[Reply]
BSB 07:58 AM 12-27-2012
New coffee! Guatemala Antigua El Inteligente Pulcal :-) Roasted 20 hours ago to scant FC, drip, Silk. Excellent cup!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:00 AM 12-27-2012
I think, their specialty drinks, can be okay. Honestly, I don't really know. But, as for real coffee :-)
Exactly my thoughts. The regular coffee is terrible, even McDonalds is better. But they do make some good specialty stuff.
[Reply]
forgop 08:45 AM 12-27-2012
But they do make some good specialty stuff.
How does one make good specialty stuff with the exact same beans/coffee if their regular stuff is crap?
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:46 AM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by forgop:
How does one make good specialty stuff with the exact same beans/coffee if their regular stuff is crap?
The specialty stuff hides/masks the quality of the bean with other flavors.
[Reply]
BSB 09:20 AM 12-27-2012
Yup, load it up with sugar, flavors, foamed milk, whipped cream, and all that.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:53 AM 12-27-2012
I received some fresh roasted Unclebeanz Negrita roasted the week before Xmas.
Generally speaking, I find the fresh roasts to be not nearly full-bodied enough for my tastes.

However, this coffee is da bomb. Rich and full-bodied. Much more suited to my tastes. Props to Duane (forgop) for sending some my way.

Oh. I almost forgot. 95% of the time I drink my coffee black. No cream. No sugar. No nothin'.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:06 AM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Oh. I almost forgot. 95% of the time I drink my coffee black. No cream. No sugar. No nothin'.
That is the only way I drink "Coffee". :-)

I had some from Duane, it makes a good espresso as well.
[Reply]
Dave128 12:37 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Monday thru Friday I use my press at work. We have a Heated and cooled Alhambra water jug here. The Hot water is the perfect temp.
On the weekends, I use my press at home and heat my water in the microwave.
Thank you.
[Reply]
Mr B 01:30 PM 12-27-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Generally speaking, I find the fresh roasts to be not nearly full-bodied enough for my tastes.

Hey Peter, so it's probably not the "fresh roasts" that you are finding not nearly Full-Bodied enough. You just like a darker roast level. Probably upwards of Full City +. More like Vienna or French roast.
:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 01:39 PM 12-27-2012
Hey Peter, so it's probably not the "fresh roasts" that you are finding not nearly Full-Bodied enough. You just like a darker roast level. Probably upwards of Full City +. More like Vienna or French roast.
You are probably right. But I have had darker roast levels that still seem light to me.

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember it when others are roasting for me.
[Reply]
forgop 02:03 PM 12-27-2012
The roasted Negrita I got from Unclebeanz is a little lighter than anything I typically roast at home. That said, I did find it to be great stuff. I'll probably take it to FC+ the first batch I roast. I have 10# of green on hand and another 15# of Negrita and 5# of the Green Beso Espresso on the way. :-)
[Reply]
Page 54 of 70
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
Up