Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Troops Room>redstone arsenal closes early...
Devanmc 04:20 PM 12-15-2010
so pathetically my duty station, redstone arsenal, closed at 1300 due to alittle bit of freezing rain... wth is it just me or is this base full of a bunch of sissy southerners?

http://www.madisoncountyrecord.com/2...inter-weather/
[Reply]
SvilleKid 06:12 PM 12-15-2010
Yeah, same here. Schools closed early! But, we did have ice, and don't want buses driving if icy! And, in fairness, weatherman missed this one badly. Originally called for rain only. But, at 11 am here, it was still only 28 degrees, and rain was icing on all my vehicles. By then. weatherman was calling for temps to start rising by noon, and be around 35 degrees by 3 pm. At 3 pm, temps were still 28 here, and rain was turning to sleet. Next, weatherman says by 7 pm, temps will be above freezing, and around 35 by 9 pm. 7:15 pm here, and temp is still 28 degrees, and I wouldn't drive, except in emergencies. We (Devan and myself) were in a swath area of central Bama that picked up moisture nad cold that wasn't in most of the rest of the state. Moved due east, so Atlanta probably getting it now. Still under an icy travel weather warning til probably daylight. Now they say temps above freezing by 10 pm. I'll wait and see for myself!
[Reply]
guitar4001 07:22 PM 12-15-2010
i dunno about sissy southerners, but in fort drum the locals went crazy over 80 degree heat in 08'.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 07:49 PM 12-15-2010
I dont know about sissy southerners but I know they do not know how to drive in that stuff. Not to mention I would be the schools where releasing early so that give parents the time to get their kids from school as well. Who doesn't like an early release now and then. The Army gets it time in the end so no rush.
[Reply]
Volt 06:13 AM 12-16-2010
Originally Posted by Devanmc:
so pathetically my duty station, redstone arsenal, closed at 1300 due to alittle bit of freezing rain... wth is it just me or is this base full of a bunch of sissy southerners?

http://www.madisoncountyrecord.com/2...inter-weather/

Sissy Southeners? Well for places who do not get a lot of that type weather nor have the road gear and experience to cope with it, sounds like a competent decsion was made. On another note though, having been stationed in Chicago and Philly, I and my Southern pickup made some mad $$$$ pulling you expert Yankee drivers out of ditches and snow banks. And trust me, with the way they mangled the English language, they weren't from the South.

BTW, I65 runs due north if you don't like it down here. You will not be missed.
[Reply]
Devanmc 10:07 AM 12-16-2010
i do like some of the people ive met down here dont get me wrong. but as svillekid said they called this one very bad. idk oh well i guess. :-)
[Reply]
Up