Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking in the wintertime
INT 11:25 PM 12-10-2011
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
I'm lucky enough to have a B&M that has an amazing smoking lounge pretty close to my house. I don't get to smoke as much as I would like, but when I do, I get to hang out with a bunch of guys who enjoy cigars as much as I do. Also, if you have a garage you can get a space heater and smoke in there.
Same here. If it goes too many days of frigid temps, I just head down to the local lounge and torch up.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 05:36 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by Big Maduro:
Well, it's gonna be my local B&M mostly this year.........Plans are under way for a 5000BTU heater for the garage..uh work shop..uh..smoking room.
Where are you in Ohio?
[Reply]
chachee52 06:25 AM 12-11-2011
I love smoking in the winter. If it ever does get cold up here in New England to freeze the lake, one of my favorite things to do is to: take my dog for a walk, light a stick up and head out onto the lake and walk around on the ice. Talk to some of the ice fishermen (I don't fish in the winter but it's always nice to talk to them).
I also have space in my garage with a little space heater. I usually put a little fan behind the heater to spread the heat but also to help with pushing the smoke out the door. I put the door up a couple inches to help with air flow. I have a small TV out there with an original NES system to play Blades Of Steel and All Star Wrestling!!!!!
[Reply]
darkninja67 07:51 AM 12-11-2011
When it is cold out (32F and under) I will choose a short smoke (Party Short, PG Firecracker, etc) put on my jacket, hat and boots and head outside to smoke it. I like the cold so as long as I avoid sitting I am usually good to go.

Have a pic somewhere of myself smoking on the porch in a blizzard.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:03 AM 12-11-2011
I wish I had a B&M!!! I smoke in the garage. In the AM, i turn the heater one, it is good to go in about 30 minutes. On the weekends I will leave it on all day, as long as I am home, so when I feel I want another smoke, good to go.

I am in Southern Oregon, Gets a bit cold here. I was smoking outside and not enjoying them as much last year. It for sure get cloudy in here!

I have a spare room, pretty small room, Might as well be a big closet, That I am workin on turning into a smoking room too.. Keeps warm and able to remove the smoke with a fan.
[Reply]
Big Maduro 09:36 AM 12-11-2011
I'm in Columbus Nick.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:43 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by Newbie_nick:
I'm getting depressed right now because I've collected a humidor and coolidor full of delicious sticks, but the weather has turned too cold to enjoy any of them outside! For those in northern states, what do y'all do to keep on smoking through the cold months? :-)
My basement is 68* F. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:50 AM 12-11-2011
I love smoking outdoors and my mother-in-law knows how much the wife and I like to entertain so she bought my wife and I this awesome outdoor propane heater...

It really does the trick for smoking outdoors on my deck when it is cold! What a great mother-in-law she is!

[Reply]
Boz 09:52 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
I love smoking outdoors and my mother-in-law knows how much the wife and I like to entertain so she bought my wife and I this awesome outdoor propane heater...

It really does the trick for smoking outdoors on my deck when it is cold! What a great mother-in-law she is!

I usually just put on a jacket. It takes alot for me to be cold. I am however thinking of picking up one these heaters as my wife is cold if it gets below 72 degrees :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 10:25 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by Boz:
I usually just put on a jacket. It takes alot for me to be cold. I am however thinking of picking up one these heaters as my wife is cold if it gets below 72 degrees :-)
The heater really does the job for when it gets below 40 degrees. I love smoking at night but without some form of heat while outdoors in the winter I just don't enjoy it as much. I don't mind it in the 40's or above but for me to really enjoy a stick I don't like when it gets in the 30's. This heater so far has certainly helped me!!! :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:31 AM 12-11-2011
I'll take a nice country drive and have one.
[Reply]
irratebass 10:39 AM 12-11-2011

Very cool of your MIL :-) Those things are nice and work great.
[Reply]
Taki 11:57 AM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Very cool of your MIL :-) Those things are nice and work great.
Seriously though these heaters are amazing...I just was outside the other night with Ken and was sweating my **** off just being around it!!!
[Reply]
mase 12:06 PM 12-11-2011

That's a nice setup. Does it run on propane? Doesn't look like your typical propane tank would fit in the base.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 12:25 PM 12-11-2011
To anyone interested:

On sale now. Uses standard 20 lb. tank. I gotta say, very tempting as the price includes shipping until the 18th.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...2-28da3575598c
[Reply]
taltos 12:35 PM 12-11-2011
I put on a hat and a parka, grab a radio and head out to the front porch. Of course we are tougher in Massachusetts than in Ohio.:-)
[Reply]
Nimbus 12:59 PM 12-11-2011
I wear 2 pairs of sweat pants, 3 sweaters, 1 winter jacket, boots, gloves and sit inside my garage with no heater. It is tolerable up to the point where the cigar will only take one hour to smoke. This is at the peak of the cold season.

More time than that and you will freeze your balls off! :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:33 PM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by mase:
That's a nice setup. Does it run on propane? Doesn't look like your typical propane tank would fit in the base.
Yep! :-) Your normal propane tank just fits right in the bottom and has a hook up just like a propane grill does....
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 06:04 PM 12-11-2011
So...it's looking like I need to get a small space heater for the garage and maybe a fan to suck out the smoke. That might breath some new life into my cigar enjoying!
[Reply]
irratebass 06:12 PM 12-11-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
To anyone interested:

On sale now. Uses standard 20 lb. tank. I gotta say, very tempting as the price includes shipping until the 18th.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...2-28da3575598c
"We're sorry, this feature is not currently available."

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up