Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Sam Leccia Cigar Company
gbum 09:45 PM 05-25-2011
good luck sam,
love nub cameroon,now eagerly waiting cain to arrive...
now you are up to something new...will try once its in market...

from the other part of the world,i wish you all the best... love the photos ..
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:47 PM 05-25-2011
I would love less hype, smaller RG, and more flavor.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 06:01 AM 05-26-2011
Met Sam at a Cain F Nub event at Burn in MN, after setting up the first thing he did was make the owner take all of the memorabilia off of the pool table so we could shoot a few games. Great guy and I wish him well and will be trying the Debut when it comes out even though I also am not a huge fan of the big RG.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:45 AM 05-26-2011
I just finished reading Mr. Leccia's gentle, good-natured response to the drubbing he's gotten here, and I gotta say that I think it was a classy move.
[Reply]
OLS 06:50 AM 05-26-2011
I agree on that. It is clear he HAS nuts, but to register and parry a bit with the folks here, that is not without
some risk. The more I read about the guy, the more I like him. If I knew more about the supposed 'abandonment'
of some group of cigar enthusiasts, I might have an opinion, lol. But I just know what I know, next to nothing, and
he seems OK to me. One thing I KNOW he never did, sent someone back a half-smoked cigar in a box of other
cigars. :-) THAT guy is an ahole.
[Reply]
OLS 07:16 AM 05-26-2011
And by that I mean I am not surprised that he did not spend too much if any time on the boards after the
launch of his product. Not so much THIS board, but on many of em, you CAN'T log in and get into shizzle
with some of these people, it's a lose-lose sitcho. You can't say the right thing without someone twisting it
all around to suit their schtick. Look at Drew, now we KNOW he is a douche, but he would get into it with
one or another person trying to refute what they said and it always ends up with him having to skulk away
knowing he should have lurked and said nothing. The net is a freaking Battledrome of Death. It takes nuts and
CAREFUL choices of words to survive, and sometimes no one wins.
[Reply]
sboyajian 07:21 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Sam Leccia:
"down to Earth"? I don't know man, I cut my grass and take out the trash just like I would imagine most of you do. I am certainly not made of money or consider myself any sort of celebrity. There has never been paparazzi on my lawn, and I certainly don't get bothered at the grocery store or the mall. I also doubt anyone tells Kid Rock that he looks like Sam Leccia. I'm just being real, guys.
Suzy the doily maker bro..
[Reply]
sboyajian 07:58 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
His own press release states that the cigar world regards him as a rock star?? I invented a way to wipe
my a$$ 3 times with the same square of TP and you don't see ME making a press release.
Since you consider yourself an "inteLLECTUAL blowhard", you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key.
[Reply]
Subvet642 08:29 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by sboyajian:
Since you consider yourself an "inteLLECTUAL blowhard", you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

(Quote from press release):

"The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business."

:-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:42 AM 05-26-2011
Again.. read it carefully. He does not say HE considers himself a rock star. I know a lot of people that refer to Sam as "the rock star"... whether it be his style, the fact that he would sing with the bands on the NUb Live tours, who knows.. but people do see him that way.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:45 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
(Quote from press release):

"The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business."

And so what if he, or his company, or whoever thinks he is a rockstar OR wants to be percieved as one? Its all marketing! How do you think us college students just getting into the cigar world pick brands? By how cool their marketing is. (Then we wise up and smoke brands we truly like, regardless of marketing).

This is the next generation of cigar makers coming in, and they do things differently.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:46 AM 05-26-2011

Brad never said that Sam said he was regarded as a rock star. Brad stated the press release said it. Which it did.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key :-)
[Reply]
sboyajian 08:51 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Brad never said that Sam said he was regarded as a rock star. Brad stated the press release said it. Which it did.

Reading is good.. comprehension is key :-)
When ya got me, ya got me..
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:58 AM 05-26-2011
When ya got me, ya got me..
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again. :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 09:18 AM 05-26-2011
And the press release is on his site, with which I am sure he has some small control over the content. :-)

Now, give me a small RG tasty cigar that doesn't taste like nothing, or burnt toast, or ass, and I will support whatever alternative/rock lifestyle you choose. Oh yeah, don't try to get rich off me, make them affordable. I might buy a box or two if they don't suck.

edit: oh... and I might not want to wrap my jaw around a bratwurst sized stick to sample your line.

Wait, has anyone done that before?

edit: oh... and I might not want to wrap my jaw around a bratwurst sized stick to sample your line.
[Reply]
lilwing88 11:14 AM 05-26-2011
Everyone's definition of "rockstar" varies.......

[Reply]
CigarNut 11:22 AM 05-26-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
And the press release is on his site, with which I am sure he has some small control over the content. :-)

Now, give me a small RG tasty cigar that doesn't taste like nothing, or burnt toast, or ass, and I will support whatever alternative/rock lifestyle you choose. Oh yeah, don't try to get rich off me, make them affordable. I might buy a box or two if they don't suck.

Wait, has anyone done that before?

Pete, maybe you're not in the demographic he is marketing to... :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 11:33 AM 05-26-2011
Best wishes on the new venture. It's a great thing to have passionate people promoting the hobby through generating excitement and interest in new products.

Never smoked one of Sams cigars and said... hey that is really awful, never. Well constructed smokes with quality tobacco = a quality product that people get value from. Many of us are not large RG fans so it's easy to make a bit of fun over the ... ahem, "marketing license" taken with sweet spots, etc. But we exist in a world where there are truly awful cigars promoted as "deals etc" that folks get burned on over and over again, (think the CI catalog stuff) and that is not the case with these cigars.

Again, best wishes on the new venture Sam and ..... if you ever move to Cuba I'm down for the first shipments. :-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:42 AM 05-26-2011
you may wish to re-read the press release. He never says he is a rock star, he says he approaches the cigar industry with the same passion that a rock star would his music.

What does THIS say, man??

The cigar nation embraces Leccia like a rock star for the passion and originality he brings to the business.

And where ANYWHERE did I say that he said that himself?? I think I DID say that "I bet he had a hand in crafting
the words". At least he READ it before they released it, anyway. But as far as making a separate post just to
tell me "reading is good, but comprehension is the key", you should at least be able to quote me accurately.
--edit--------
I remember when I had MY first beer.
[Reply]
OLS 11:59 AM 05-26-2011
DANG 15 minute time frame on edits....I see that someone already made my point.

MAN, I wish I had a dollar for everytime I did what sboyajian just did, lol.

And I already made my peace with Mr. Leccia. I ate all the crow I served up. I still think the line is
funny though, hehe.....rock star. But maybe he IS a rock star. He's more exciting than Avo Uvezian.

I move that the 15 minute time frame on edits be extended to 20, is there a second?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up