Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Den
Remo 11:51 AM 12-17-2011
Very cool, congrats!
[Reply]
INT 11:52 AM 12-17-2011
Good stuff. My future home office will double as a cigar den when the weather is bad. Nicely done
[Reply]
celtic250 01:33 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
What/how do you get the smoke out of the room?

You have exhaust fan installed?

Looks awesome. I am in the works of changing my spare bedroom as well..
As of right now I use a box fan in the window that actually sucks the smoke out of the room pretty well. Then I use a Csonka for odor elimination. I eventually want to rig up a nice exhaust system but money is tight with the holidays.
[Reply]
celtic250 01:34 PM 12-17-2011
Thanks for all the kind words! This place is awesome as in CA !!
[Reply]
celtic250 01:35 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by AmsterDan:
Fantastic! Looks good ... missing a picture of your humidor man! Enjoy that room, many can only dream of one.

I will take a picture of my humidor here in a few and get the pics posted :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:40 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by celtic250:
As of right now I use a box fan in the window that actually sucks the smoke out of the room pretty well. Then I use a Csonka for odor elimination. I eventually want to rig up a nice exhaust system but money is tight with the holidays.

Just what i wanted to hear. I will do the same thing.
[Reply]
irratebass 11:38 PM 12-17-2011
AMAZING room Greg, and I HAVE to know where you got that Opus pic.....AND who is the band in the live band framed pic?
[Reply]
celtic250 11:52 PM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
AMAZING room Greg, and I HAVE to know where you got that Opus pic.....AND who is the band in the live band framed pic?
I got the Opus pic from a fellow BOTL here on this site. Mike Uhren, he does amazing work here is his website:
http://www.mikeuhren.com/index.htm

The band is Yonder Mountain String Band. They are a bluegrass band that started out in IL. It is actually a pastel. My buddy took the picture at their new years show in Denver a few year back and then made that pastel from his picture. I will have to take a close up of it. It is quite amazing.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 10:43 AM 12-18-2011
It's gotta be awesome to have an indoor smoking area like that during the cold winter months! I am sure you will have hours of enjoyment within it!

Nice looking cigar room right there! :-)

Enjoy!
[Reply]
irratebass 02:00 PM 12-19-2011
I got the Opus pic from a fellow BOTL here on this site. Mike Uhren, he does amazing work here is his website:
http://www.mikeuhren.com/index.htm

The band is Yonder Mountain String Band. They are a bluegrass band that started out in IL. It is actually a pastel. My buddy took the picture at their new years show in Denver a few year back and then made that pastel from his picture. I will have to take a close up of it. It is quite amazing.
Thanks, I am familiar with Mike, but the painting looks amazing in your den.

Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
celtic250 02:20 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Thanks, I am familiar with Mike, but the painting looks amazing in your den.

Thanks for the info.
Not a problem. I agree, I love how it looks in that room! Thanks to my gf for that picture and cutter or else I wouldn't have either of those!:-)
[Reply]
Dr Voss 02:27 PM 12-19-2011
I'm curious about the ventilation too. I office from home and if I can find a good way to ventilate my office I am hoping to get She Who Must Be Obeyed to let me light up in the house. Thought about even something as simple a short/wide window fan to put in the window once in a while.
[Reply]
cigardan 02:30 PM 12-19-2011
Nice setup; enjoy it!
[Reply]
celtic250 02:43 PM 12-19-2011
Originally Posted by Dr Voss:
I'm curious about the ventilation too. I office from home and if I can find a good way to ventilate my office I am hoping to get She Who Must Be Obeyed to let me light up in the house. Thought about even something as simple a short/wide window fan to put in the window once in a while.
I am actually using a box fan in the window right now. The room is on the smaller side so this has been working very well so far. I also use a small csonka for odor elimination. I am eventually going to set up an exhaust system when money allows.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:47 PM 12-19-2011
About how big is your room? My room is on the small side as well. Soon as the holidays are over, I will be busting my @$$ to get the room dialed in. I am tired of sitting in the garage and getting it full of smoke.

I am glad the box fan is working for ya, as that is what I was thinking of doing myself.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 02:49 PM 12-19-2011
Cigar Den or Cigarden?

Like a special place you grow your tobacco veggies!
[Reply]
celtic250 05:31 PM 12-19-2011
About how big is your room? My room is on the small side as well. Soon as the holidays are over, I will be busting my @$$ to get the room dialed in. I am tired of sitting in the garage and getting it full of smoke.

I am glad the box fan is working for ya, as that is what I was thinking of doing myself.
It is right around 10x10
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:27 AM 12-22-2011
Can you picture the Csonka you use? How do you like it. I have read some reviews on those. Most seem to not like them. Saying they didn't last long. How long have you had yours?
[Reply]
celtic250 11:19 AM 12-22-2011
Can you picture the Csonka you use? How do you like it. I have read some reviews on those. Most seem to not like them. Saying they didn't last long. How long have you had yours?
Here is a link to the one I have:
http://pipesandcigars.com/csdefr.html

I haven't had it for long (less than a month) so I cannot attest to whether or not they die quickly. From your experience which ones do people prefer? This one didn't cost much and I would like to eventually get a very high quality one and was just curious which one you would recommend or one that other people seem to like.

Thanks
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up