Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>Newbie recommendations
kelmac07 12:45 PM 12-03-2011
What, no 601 Blues? :-)
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 01:49 PM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by Jefft72:
You should check out the newbie trade thread also. I am almost ready to participate in it myself.
Just starting my first trade in the NST :-)
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 01:49 PM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
What, no 601 Blues? :-)
They didn't have any, for whatever reason.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 02:21 PM 12-03-2011
Originally Posted by SpruceBruce:
They didn't have any, for whatever reason.
Looks like your trading with Mac...I'm sure he'll fix that:-)
[Reply]
Marlon K 08:36 PM 12-12-2011
A good starter is a LFD Digger LMAO:-)
[Reply]
coty 04:54 PM 12-13-2011
Just my:-) but these are a few I recommend in the b&m I work in and why.

1.Drew Estates "Isla Del Sol" Churchill, First it's a sweet tip with a rich coffee flavored smoke. The "Del Sols" tend to be well constructed and very "giftable."
The flavor for the cigar is however different than most of it's cohorts that dwel in the humidor with it.

2.Rockey Patel "Vintage 1999 Connecticut" This is my beginner recommendation because of the very creamy draw that it produces, time after reliable time, for me, I can count on this to be a medium bodied Connecticut everytime. Also (in my opinion) one of the better Connecticutsw that I have had.

3. Don Pepin Garcia "Blue Label" This one goes in my top 5 for a beginner because of the "Pepin Pepper" his blend constanly exert. The Lancero is my personal favorite, easy to sip with a medium body and medium spice (if sipped). It cast a different shadow that needs to be experienced by any new smoker.

4. Carlos Toranos "Exodus 1959" This gar hits in a way that is different than the other 4 here. The body and spice are still medium for me in the box-press torpedo version, but the blends flavor is fantastic. My review in my Kryos is over a page long and thats just my personal journal. I can only say try it and see what I mean.

5. La Flor Dominicana "Air Bender" Chisel point~ this guy rounds up my top five. The shape is something new that may be enjoyable but the good stuffs on the inside. The air bender gives off some leather and cedar mixture that makes me smile; but with fire it gives off a leather, cedar, pepper trio that when paired with 70 degree weather, and an ice cold, whiskey married with it's partner in crime "Coke" makes a day rival Christmas!

All of these gars have different loveable or loathable qualites that are good platforms to launch your cigar love or hate from. Key things to keep in mind are: that whats good for me may not be for you, however that doesn't make anything bad it just makes it "not for you." and smoke smoke and smoke everything you can get your hands on so you can experience one of the finest things in life.
[Reply]
coty 08:51 PM 12-13-2011
And btw your going to love the sMACage from Mac you can tell he puts thought into his trades!
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 01:31 PM 12-19-2011
So I had my first 3 cigar evening at the local B&M the other night, I had:

Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto - Was a little disappointed in this one after all of the hype. Thought it was ok, but not anything special.

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Robusto - WOW. This was amazing - very smooth and rich. Great freaking smoke - will be buying more of these for sure.

Oliva Serie V Belicoso - I was a little hesitant to fire this up after already having 2 sticks (and more than a few drinks), but I was very glad I did. Another new favorite!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up