Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Jokes>"Mint Condition" Macanudos
awsmith4 09:15 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I GOT A RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL!!

I'm going to ask for his address and send him some Monopoly money.
I wonder why he hasn't responded to mine :-):-)
[Reply]
totallytentative 01:23 AM 01-05-2009
Maybe his "." button is sticky and he means $15.00? :-)

You guys are hilarious - I don't believe you are actually messing around with him! :-):-)

Originally Posted by j-easy:
and a cremosa, just stuff it in a regular letter envelope with the monopoly money and printout
Careful about sending that Cremosa.... the Fed might not appreciate you mailing a noxious substance.
[Reply]
Blueface 06:16 AM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I wonder why he hasn't responded to mine :-):-)
I think the answer is quite clear.

A crook he certainly is.

Your email to him called him out in a nice way.
This second email to him is one of looking to buy one of the two cigars.
Simply asking him to split the cigars into two sales.
He clearly doesn't want to respond to yours as he knows he has chit in his hands and he found what he thinks is a sucker who wants one of the two.

Too funny about the Monopoly money part.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:56 AM 01-05-2009
Too funny. Way to go Vin!!! Fark with him big time!!!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:17 PM 01-05-2009
Thanks for posting the text of the ad Carlos. Without it, I would have never seen it.

Funny stuff.
[Reply]
massphatness 02:47 PM 01-05-2009
ADDRESS UPDATE:

After some evasive back and forth -- I think he wanted to do the exchange in person -- our seller finally coughed up a Syracuse University address.

He ends his most recent e-mail with this:

Originally Posted by The Scamster:
If you send out the $750 by the end of this week I should have it this weekend, and I'll take the cigars with me so where ever you want me to send then I will. Before I leave I'll get you my cell number incase there is email trouble, just to be safe. Talk to you later man
Should I give him Al's address to send the cigar?
(j/k)
[Reply]
pnoon 02:53 PM 01-05-2009
ADDRESS UPDATE:

After some evasive back and forth -- I think he wanted to do the exchange in person -- our seller finally coughed up a Syracuse University address.

He ends his most recent e-mail with this:

Should I give him Al's address to send the cigar?
(j/k)
Just tell him you'll bring the cash with you. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 03:00 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Just tell him you'll bring the cash with you. :-)
Oh, I'm sending Monopoly money ... wish I could somehow be there when the envelope gets opened. I can only hope this guy has already spent the money. :-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:23 PM 01-05-2009
Oh, I'm sending Monopoly money ... wish I could somehow be there when the envelope gets opened. I can only hope this guy has already spent the money. :-)
This is too funny... :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 04:24 PM 01-05-2009
:-):-):-)

He thinks he scored and found himself a chump willing to cough up $750 for a cigar. A Macanudo no less.

Too freaking funny!!!
[Reply]
DBall 05:23 PM 01-05-2009
Someone needs to offer to buy the other 2 and see if he sells them (on top of the one he's selling to Vin... hell... maybe even get a bidding war started.
[Reply]
ahc4353 05:51 PM 01-05-2009
This is some good stuff. Wish I could of gotten in on the deal before the offer was removed.

Enjoy Vin!
[Reply]
awsmith4 05:54 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
This is some good stuff. Wish I could of gotten in on the deal before the offer was removed.

Enjoy Vin!
Oh don't worry Al, I still have his email :-)
[Reply]
Asher 06:56 PM 01-05-2009
This is too funny. Is there anyone nearby to watch him pick it up? This reminds me of the classic P-P-Powerbook anti-scam:

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up