Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Jokes>"Mint Condition" Macanudos
pnoon 01:23 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I can't figure out...those are the two scenarios I have been pondering.

1) Crook -

Dude gets two Macs from the news/tobacco shop, slaps some price tags on them and tries to make a 1 billion percent profit.

2) Fool -

Buys the two Macs in Jamacia for $999.99 each *or somewhere else and adds that tidbit in an attempt to add some creditability to his story* and sells them.
:-)
That is why a polite but informative email regarding authenticity might elicit a response indicating whether it's 1) or 2)

Just a morbid curiosity on my part.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:32 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Not trying to be rude, but there is no such thing as a Cuban Macanudo. The cigars you have listed may in fact have sold at a rather high price of $9.99 but anyone who pays more than that has been ripped off. I apologize if you were taken on the initial purchase but I would hate to see a second person ripped off.

The Macanudo brand is a legit brand but a Non-Cuban brand. As you can see in the link I provided they can be had for as little as $126 for an entire box of 25.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...&itemcode=MADW
I just sent him the above email...I'll let you know the response
[Reply]
AD720 01:42 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I just sent him the above email...I'll let you know the response

Way to take one for the team albert! :-)
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 02:22 PM 01-04-2009
Anyone notice the empty slot in the bag? Maybe he smoked one and realized it was $hit :-) and wanted to sell the other two to pay for his trip? :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
atlharp 03:08 PM 01-04-2009
Does he have box codes? I think these were rolled by Toboada!!:-)

ATL
[Reply]
Blueface 03:11 PM 01-04-2009
OK,
Perhaps what I do for a living has made me a crude person.
Let's analyze this to see which of Peter's two scenarios this might be.

Here are his own words:
Date: 2008-12-23, 7:58PM EST

I got these two cigars in Jamaica on a business trip. They are extremely fine Macanudo Handmade Imported cigars. These Cuban manufactured cigars are very expensive but well worth the money. I got both together for $1950 on the trip, however they were a gift for my dad who can no longer smoke due to cancer.

He just got them and found out about his dad with cancer? All at the same time? Odd.

I collect many cigars and these are too rich of a cigar to let sit around.

If you collect cigars and are crazy enough to buy two cigars for $2K, and dad can't smoke them, wouldn't you keep them, rather than sell them at a loss? Hmmmmm.

They are $999 each, as listed and stickered in original packaging, never touched by a hand.

LOL, how the heck did they get in the bag?

However one has a small crack in the side due to the travel in my bag back from the trip. I am making a deal because of that, both together are being sold at $1500 obo.

Again, if a collector of cigars, why sell at a loss right after returning?

They are truely a great one of a kind cigar and well worth it.

Hmmmmm........how would he know?

They were a hot sell in Jamaica so get at me if you are interested so we can make a deal. I will ship them where you need me to at my expense

What a guy

, and will be happy to give you my contact info upon email request. Thank you and I will be looking forward to hear from you.

I wish there was one ounce of validity to this story.
I assure you, a crook suits better than a fool.
[Reply]
atlharp 03:12 PM 01-04-2009
hey Carlos,

Email and ask him if he takes Confederate money!:-):-):-)

ATL
[Reply]
dunng 03:13 PM 01-04-2009
Just flag the post... :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:13 PM 01-04-2009
I have decided that I will not be purchasing the Macanudo cigars.

MCS
[Reply]
Tenor CS 03:13 PM 01-04-2009
I know we're all just having fun with this, but has anyone considered exchange rates? According to a conversion I just did on coinmill.com, $999 Jamaican dollars is $12.89 American.

I could see Macanudos going for $10+ plus a stick if you were in a tourist-trap situation, like a liquor store that sold cigars in a hotel lobby.

My vote is for Crook, not Idiot. The person who buys from him, they get my idiot vote.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:16 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by AD720:
I can't figure out...those are the two scenarios I have been pondering.

1) Crook -

Dude gets two Macs from the news/tobacco shop, slaps some price tags on them and tries to make a 1 billion percent profit.

2) Fool -

Buys the two Macs in Jamacia for $999.99 each *or somewhere else and adds that tidbit in an attempt to add some creditability to his story* and sells them.
I did consider that believe it or not.
Just wouldn't make sense to sell two cigars on the internet for $12 each, when you collect them and they are so special.
I wonder if the crook part can be expanded further and he did pay $999 Jamaican money and is using that as a hook to try to illustrate they are worth that in US Dollars.
[Reply]
Blueface 03:18 PM 01-04-2009
Also,
Just noticed.
They have "three sleeved" ziplock bags in Jamaica.
Wow!!!

Group buy!!!
[Reply]
karmaz00 03:26 PM 01-04-2009
lol good one
[Reply]
Tenor CS 03:26 PM 01-04-2009
.... and the ad is gone. Flagged for removal. :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 03:41 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:

Well, that removed the temptation. I am thankful for that.

MCS
[Reply]
AD720 03:47 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Tenor CS:
Bummer! :-)

Please tell me someone can find it in google cache! :-)
[Reply]
j-easy 06:41 PM 01-04-2009
oh i missed it :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 08:05 PM 01-04-2009
I GOT A RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL!!

Originally Posted by Me:
I saw your post and have never had a Cuban cigar before. I love to collect things, and from what I understand, these things really maintain their value. 1500 is a little out of my price range. Would you be willing to split them and sell one for 750?

Thanks

Originally Posted by The Reply:
Hey man,

Sorry for the delay on responding, long new years in NY. But yes I will be willing to split the deal with you. I will give you the non-cracked one since you are collecting it. Let me know what you want to do and when. I will be around for the most part. Thanks man, we will be talking. Happy New Years

I'm going to ask for his address and send him some Monopoly money.
[Reply]
cort 08:08 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I GOT A RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL!!
I'm going to ask for his address and send him some Monopoly money.
:-):-):-)

I cannot believe this guy is for real!!! What a douchebag.

You should send him monopoly money and a print out from an online vendor showing the price of these things.
[Reply]
j-easy 08:45 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by gwc4sc:
:-):-):-)

I cannot believe this guy is for real!!! What a douchebag.

You should send him monopoly money and a print out from an online vendor showing the price of these things.
and a cremosa, just stuff it in a regular letter envelope with the monopoly money and printout
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up