Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Zaya Rum
Wanger 06:59 AM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Ive only had the Trinidad Zaya, now im going to have to look for the Guatemalan one since my bottle is almost empty :-)
The Guatemalan will be in short supply EVERYWHERE, especially where Ian's been. LOL

Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Honestly, I'm not a fan of Pyrat. It has WAY too much orange flavor, it tastes like Gran Marnier too me, not like a rum. I'll look into the El Dorado though for sure.
I've gone through a couple bottles of El Dorado 12 yr. Very good and about half the price of Zacapa.

I agree on the Pyrat. WAY too heavy of citrus flavor to me. It tastes more like an ice cream topping than a rum.
[Reply]
Mark C 02:18 PM 06-26-2009
The Guatemalan was last seen on my local store shelves in Dec '07. Good luck with your search!

I'm with you guys on the Pyrat, I'll drink it, but the orange is a bit much for me. Need to find something good to mix it with, orange daiquiri maybe? Or mix that with the Trini Zaya into some sort of creamsicle drink? Can you tell I've got frozen drinks on the brain right now? :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:56 PM 06-26-2009
Enjoying a glass with a 00 party lonsdale. Not bad.:-)
[Reply]
Wolfgang 05:57 PM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
The Guatemalan will be in short supply EVERYWHERE, especially where Ian's been. LOL
Has Ian been to Florida? haha There is a tiny crappy storethat still has some Guatamalan ones near me I think
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:57 PM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Has Ian been to Florida? haha There is a tiny crappy storethat still has some Guatamalan ones near me I think
Not personally, but I have had people pick up bottles at three different shops down there. :-)

I have eyes and ears everywhere when it comes to Guatemalan Zaya.:-)
[Reply]
CueTheMusic 07:56 AM 07-07-2009
Well, my store is now Trinidad only...

BengalMan must have cleaned them out of the Guatemalan. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 01:18 PM 07-07-2009
if you're in Iowa ("surrounded by corn"), it was likely another Oliva rep, who's a friend of mine that got to them.
[Reply]
BengalMan 02:00 PM 07-07-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
if you're in Iowa ("surrounded by corn"), it was likely another Oliva rep, who's a friend of mine that got to them.
We accumulate Zaya in packs. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 02:14 PM 07-07-2009
Still no luck getting Guatemalan Zaya around here... :-)
[Reply]
Old Sailor 03:14 PM 07-07-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Still no luck getting Guatemalan Zaya around here... :-)
Ian has them all!!:-):-)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:19 PM 07-07-2009
Duuung I hve a bottle or two to trade if you want one :-)
[Reply]
ToddziLLa 06:29 PM 07-07-2009
I honeymooned in Jamaica, so Appleton Estate always has a place in my heart. :-)

It was in EVERYTHING they made down there! Rum sausage, rum syrup, rum w/a shot of rum. :-)
[Reply]
Wanger 08:15 PM 07-07-2009
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
We accumulate Zaya in packs. :-)
You're both still @ssholes. :-)
[Reply]
Mark C 08:13 PM 07-08-2009
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa:
rum w/a shot of rum. :-)
That's the best way to have it!
[Reply]
replicant_argent 10:24 PM 07-08-2009
I still stop in liquor stores I have never been in when traveling around town for work. I imagine they think I am some kind of whackjob when I go to the rum section, scan the top row, and look like someone killed my dog and dejectedly walk out.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:24 PM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
I still stop in liquor stores I have never been in when traveling around town for work. I imagine they think I am some kind of whackjob when I go to the rum section, scan the top row, and look like someone killed my dog and dejectedly walk out.
Me too.:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 01:37 PM 07-09-2009
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Same here, Pete
[Reply]
MindRiot 04:12 PM 07-09-2009
I love Zaya, the new and old blend
[Reply]
Powers 01:53 PM 08-31-2009
had some Zaya just they other day herfing w/s0lefulone....awesome!

i'm more of a scotch and bourbon guy w/my cigars but the Zaya was pure bliss
[Reply]
SvilleKid 11:48 PM 12-30-2010
Grabbed my first bottle two days ago. Trinidad version, Gran Reserva 12 year old. Sipping some of this right now. Good stuff!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up