Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>This heat is killing me!
maninblack 12:24 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by KenyanSandBoa:
It's beautiful here in the fall.

I'll tell you what, Kevin...I'll give you the opportunity of a life time. You can come out here and stay at my house for free and experience a true NE fall...including raking up all the leaves in my yard!! What do you say??? :-):-)
Really? Raking leaves? Sounds like a sweet deal as long as the cigars are free!:-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 12:25 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Really? Raking leaves? Sounds like a sweet deal as long as the cigars are free!:-)
Done!!:-):-)
[Reply]
maninblack 12:28 PM 08-13-2010
Done!!:-):-)
I gotta warn you, I can smoke several a day! Not much raking may get done, but I will start a few small fires around your yard.:-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 12:31 PM 08-13-2010

I'll tell you what, Kevin...I'll give you the opportunity of a life time. You can come out here and stay at my house for free and experience a true NE fall...including raking up all the leaves in my yard!! What do you say??? :-):-)
Note to Jim: If we meet up in Oct, I aint Raking CHIT!!!:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 12:32 PM 08-13-2010
Jim's gonna put your Jersey ass to work Dom!
[Reply]
neoflex 12:48 PM 08-13-2010
I'll admit that Fall in the Northeast is awesome. Before moving here from Long Island almost 4 years ago I dreaded the winter and will deal with the summer heat here over what seems to be the eternal never ending Winters. Fortunately I can smoke outside a good bit of the winter as it rarely gets to be that brutally cold here where it literally hurts to be out too long. I think since moving here I have only worn a winter coat 4 times. Usually I head out in the winter with a sweatshirt on and am good to go. I usually only need to stay away from Tats or other thin wrapped smokes here in the winter as they do still tend to crack because after all it is still cold. This summer has been pretty brutal compared to summers past since moving here. We have had little to no relief from the heat for the last couple months and it's really cutting into my cigar smoking. My cycle usually goes like this, Stock up in the Winter and smoke my stash in the Summer with little to no buying. I have also been buying more this Summer compared to most so my plan is all screwed up anyway. I need to pick up a tower asap so I can still do my buying this winter otherwise I will be out of room for any new inventory. (I know, I know that's a good problem to have:-)) Plus it never fails lately that all the Thunderstorms come through on Friday and Saturday night. Perfect example, My wife was in NY last week and all afternoon Saturday I planned to fire up a LFD Solomon and than the Thunder and lightening rolled in so I went with a shorter smoke figuring it would start raining and I would be relegated to the oven I call a garage. The rain never did come but once I finished the first smoke there was no way I was starting that Solomon at 11:30. Oh well, it will burn soon enough!
I'm super psyched for the fall to finally come so I can start smoking on a more regular basis. This one stick every week, sometimes every other is getting old.
[Reply]
maninblack 01:00 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I'll admit that Fall in the Northeast is awesome. Before moving here from Long Island almost 4 years ago I dreaded the winter and will deal with the summer heat here over what seems to be the eternal never ending Winters. Fortunately I can smoke outside a good bit of the winter as it rarely gets to be that brutally cold here where it literally hurts to be out too long. I think since moving here I have only worn a winter coat 4 times. Usually I head out in the winter with a sweatshirt on and am good to go. I usually only need to stay away from Tats or other thin wrapped smokes here in the winter as they do still tend to crack because after all it is still cold. This summer has been pretty brutal compared to summers past since moving here. We have had little to no relief from the heat for the last couple months and it's really cutting into my cigar smoking. My cycle usually goes like this, Stock up in the Winter and smoke my stash in the Summer with little to no buying. I have also been buying more this Summer compared to most so my plan is all screwed up anyway. I need to pick up a tower asap so I can still do my buying this winter otherwise I will be out of room for any new inventory. (I know, I know that's a good problem to have:-)) Plus it never fails lately that all the Thunderstorms come through on Friday and Saturday night. Perfect example, My wife was in NY last week and all afternoon Saturday I planned to fire up a LFD Solomon and than the Thunder and lightening rolled in so I went with a shorter smoke figuring it would start raining and I would be relegated to the oven I call a garage. The rain never did come but once I finished the first smoke there was no way I was starting that Solomon at 11:30. Oh well, it will burn soon enough!
I'm super psyched for the fall to finally come so I can start smoking on a more regular basis. This one stick every week, sometimes every other is getting old.

Yeah I agree. One stick a week is a bummer!
[Reply]
klipsch 01:03 PM 08-13-2010

WOW!!! You don't get an offer like that every day :-)
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 01:08 PM 08-13-2010
I gotta warn you, I can smoke several a day! Not much raking may get done, but I will start a few small fires around your yard.:-)
...that's what my neighbor does. :-)

Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Note to Jim: If we meet up in Oct, I aint Raking CHIT!!!:-)
Your damn right I am...and you're wearing full Red Sox gear!!:-)
[Reply]
JaKaacH 03:16 PM 08-13-2010
Not bad today..105 but only 36% humidity.
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:13 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
It's suppose to dip down to a high of 98 on Sunday, and everyone is ecstatic around here :-)
OK, I lied. It's now showing a high of 103 on Sunday. Good thing I'm going to watch the Rangers game at 2pm!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:14 PM 08-13-2010
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Nancy boys...the whole lot of ya.
:-)
x2!

:-):-)

I think the heat index here today was 110*

BTW, I just came in from walking the dog (2.5 miles) and smoking a 'gar!
[Reply]
neoflex 07:27 PM 08-13-2010
What can I say, the humidity makes my V@gin@ hurt! :-)
[Reply]
Steve 09:12 PM 08-13-2010
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:44 AM 08-14-2010

Send him to Saugus when your leaves are done and I can show him how to roto till a lawn and he can enjoy the sea breeze.:-)
[Reply]
taltos 03:45 AM 08-14-2010
That would be a first, getting work out of a Jersey ass.:-)
[Reply]
Brad 08:55 AM 08-14-2010
I'm ready for fall as well. I usually smoke during my lunch hour at work, but it's been so miserable the last few weeks I've had to cut it short. It's been 95+ degrees with high humidity, even sitting in the shade for a little while and I start sweating. Can walk back into work smelling of cigar, with sweat spots on my shirt. :-)

Tired of this crap, bring on fall!
[Reply]
The Poet 09:43 AM 08-14-2010
Man, the heat here in Joisey is killing me as well. Must be about 72, with sun and low humdiddity. :-)
[Reply]
CALFIREFOBS 08:23 PM 08-16-2010
93 23% RH @ 722 pm.

It got a little warmer today, not so bad.:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 10:00 PM 08-16-2010
Only got up to 85 today and supposed to be 73 tomorrow! Great smoking weather!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up