Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Plasencia Reserva Organica robusto
borndead1 09:57 AM 04-29-2009
A (supposedly) 100% organic Nicaraguan puro. I believe they are a Famous Smoke Shop exclusive.

These are great smokes. One of my Top 10 in fact. I'm surprised they aren't more popular. Maybe folks see the whole "organic" thing as a gimmick and are turned off by it. Famous describes these as mild, but I find them to be a medium "strength" cigar. I actually prefer the corona size over these, but this was the one I grabbed.

No major flavor changes, but some nice subtle ones along the way. The first inch or so tastes very leathery to me, then the flavor becomes a bit sweet on the draw with a light cinnamon/spice in the nose. Toward the end the leather flavor comes back and the finish is more earthy. The ash is really amazing looking. Almost pure white with only a few specks of gray.

These are not your typical Nicaraguan ligero bombs, but I enjoy them a lot. I would smoke them even if they weren't organic....well, unless I found out that they were lying. Then I would be pretty mad and probably stop smoking them haha...

They really aren't that pricey, either. Robustos are about $6 a stick, with the most expensive being torpedoes and churchills at just over $7 a stick. And, as with most Famous house brands, shipping is free and there is always some kind of 'freebie' with a box purchase.

Final selling point: Even HK3 likes these, and he is a cigar snob! :-)
[Reply]
HK3- 01:38 PM 04-29-2009
Thanks for the review Mark.

I actually do enjoy smoking these. There, I said it. :-)

If you have never tried them, they are pretty good and excellent to nose exhale. Being the whore that I am, I prefer the Limitada ones more than the regular. :-)
[Reply]
yes please 11:46 PM 04-29-2009
I tried one of these a few months ago and was surprised at how good they are.
[Reply]
Up