Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Graycliff 1666 torpedo
Don Fernando 12:56 PM 04-24-2009
This cigar was a gift from Smoking Gator. It comes packed in cellophane and has an aroma which combines chocolate with horse and barnyard smells. The cigar is 6 x 52 and has a very dark, almost black, wrapper but I suspect that this wrapper is blackened because my fingers turn brown when I touch the cigar. There are hardly any veins on the wrapper, and the band combines beautifully with the dark color. The construction feels good and the draw is fine. The predraw flavor is a full raisin flavor.

The flavor is a bit sweet wood and the smoke feels warm. I can also taste some coffee and after an inch it all becomes a bit creamy. The sweet coffee is becoming the main flavor until halfway where chocolate becomes the main flavor with coffee on the background. I can also taste some spices, but mellow and on the background. After 2/3rd the spice becomes a bit stronger and I also discover some pepper. The chocolate and the creaminess disappear. The chocolate re-appears for the last two puffs.

The smoke is thick, white and there is plenty of it. The burn is ok, I had to correct once but on the other hand, the cigar didn’t die when I had to lay it away for a short urinal break. The ash is almost white and quite firm. This is a medium to full bodied cigar with full flavors.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked this cigar

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 8 /10
Smoke && ash: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (second part) 8 / 10
Aroma (third part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Chompers 01:27 PM 04-25-2009
Nice review!
These are one of my favorite smokes.
[Reply]
G G 02:51 PM 04-25-2009
As usual, a great review Ferdie.
[Reply]
adampc22 02:52 PM 04-25-2009
looks real nice
[Reply]
dccraft 05:58 AM 04-27-2009
I've only had one of these, but your review seems to be right on the target. Great pics as well!
[Reply]
Starscream 06:23 AM 04-27-2009
Great review of a great cigar:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 08:52 AM 04-27-2009
I'm glad you enjoyed it brother!!! I just had one a few days ago and it was very nice!!
[Reply]
Ahbroody 11:13 AM 04-27-2009
i like these but only the smaller sizes. I have also experienced some wide color discrepencies in the wrappers. definetly the darker the better
[Reply]
Ahbroody 12:59 AM 05-01-2009
sitting on the front stoop smoking the knuckle version of this right now.
The knuckle is by far the flavor bomb to me in this stick. If you like the big ones flavors source the knuckles. They are very intense. :-)
[Reply]
scooter 08:06 AM 05-01-2009
Nice review, thanks.
[Reply]
Up