Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>el may whore emerald
Legend 07:57 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
The Espresso is horrid till it gets about six months on it to mellow out the harshness. PM me your addy and I'll send you a fiver next week. :-)

One of the things I like about the Emerald is that flavor change when you hit the wrapper. Shows how much flavor a wrapper imparts.
Bomb received!!!!

Thank you very much.

El mejor espresso torpedos and some hitch hikers. Man o' war Churchill. Legends yellow. A Camacho I haven't identified yet. A G.A.R. And a partagas I still need to identify. Thank. You thank you.
[Reply]
Legend 08:45 AM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Legend:
Bomb received!!!!

Thank you very much.

El mejor espresso torpedos and some hitch hikers. Man o' war Churchill. Legends yellow. A Camacho I haven't identified yet. A G.A.R. And a partagas I still need to identify. Thank. You thank you.
the camacho is a corojo and the partagas is a spanish rosado. Thanks again
[Reply]
Don Fernando 12:49 PM 03-19-2009
Don Fernando would really like to know why Legend writes in third person about himself.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:51 PM 03-19-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Don Fernando would really like to know why Legend writes in third person about himself.
I thought that was Squid at the old establishment who writes in the third person.
The only person I know who can get away w/ speaking in third person and sounding cool is "The Rock". :-)
[Reply]
Mr Edmundo 04:36 PM 03-21-2009
Surprised you called the Expresso a dog rocket. Thought it was decent. But the emerald was my preference. Only had one of each, but would definitely get more Emeralds if the price is right. And spot on about the presentation. Looks cool, but most importantly, it has the flavor profile I like. Solid 3 on the Legend rating.
[Reply]
Ratters 09:36 PM 03-22-2009
Thanks for the return hit Shawn!

What's the Gurkha in the cedar?
[Reply]
shadow king 02:02 PM 03-24-2009
Some interesting reviews to say the least about these dog rockets. CI sent me both brands as a "freebie" to go along with another order. Usually when a company wants to throw in freebies I'm instantly worried about the quality of the cigar. Needless to say I am not touching these dogs until they have had a long hibernation.

If anybody wants a 2nd opinion on either brand I'd be more than happy to throw a few your way.
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:40 PM 03-24-2009

looks like a black dragon... but the end looks shaggy in the pic... can anyone confirm?
[Reply]
Legend 06:34 PM 03-24-2009
Thanks for the return hit Shawn!

That is special little limited edition. From Gurkha. The dragonfire. Same wrapper as the black dragon but cameroon filler. This is one of my 5 legend ratings. It is truly a wonderful smoke.
[Reply]
Ratters 07:12 PM 03-24-2009
Awesome, can't wait to try it! :-) Thanks again Shawn. :-)
[Reply]
BamBam 07:15 PM 03-24-2009
Return hit..very classy sir :-)
[Reply]
bookman 07:17 PM 03-31-2009
The Em is pretty good, but the spresso is dry and flavorless. Right on Legend! Take that CI "house brand" maduro!!!!
[Reply]
shadow king 03:14 PM 04-13-2009
Finally tapped into my supply of Emeralds. It was suprisingly pretty good. The cedar wrapped around it may make it get better with some age? These have a nice little touch of spice that sneak up on you. I think it has a lot to do with the shaggy foot.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:10 AM 04-26-2009
Smoking an Espresso robusto right now. I like these as a mild maduro. I wish they would come up with a better dye recipe for the wrapper though. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up