Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 46 of 99
« First < 36444546 47485696 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
s15driftking 04:33 AM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
What's some good sites to look at watches?
Watchuseek
TimeZone
Watchismo
[Reply]
Volusianator 10:46 AM 11-11-2011
I've gotten on this Invicta kick lately, here's my latest.

And then a Swiss Legend as well, not sure on this brand yet, a little cheaper but they have a lot of nice looking models:

[Reply]
Killian 01:59 PM 11-11-2011
What are everyones thoughts on the Citizen Eco Drives? I found one locally that I really like and might add it to my Christmas list. Are these decent watches or should I look elsewhere?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:48 AM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
And then a Swiss Legend as well, not sure on this brand yet, a little cheaper but they have a lot of nice looking models:
Your Swiss Legend reminds me of a Technomarine.
[Reply]
never_enough 03:17 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Which one do you fancy?
I think I'm going to start on their low end with a maxi marine chronometer. I love others they have but they get steep in price real quick. Big fan of the freak models and the more artistic ones. Really like the sonata silicium. But it's not like I can afford one let alone get my hands on one.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 03:51 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by never_enough:
I think I'm going to start on their low end with a maxi marine chronometer.
If Ulysse Nardin is the brand you like, the Maxi Marine Chrono is a good pick. There are enough of them out there to get a deal on in the used market. When you are ready to make a move, check out http://www.pduggan.com/

He is in Boston and has a good reputation with some big time collectors I've met. Great prices, warranty and you'll see the watch in person first since you are from the Bay State.

New watch, can't beat Singapore dealers.
[Reply]
never_enough 07:08 AM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
If Ulysse Nardin is the brand you like, the Maxi Marine Chrono is a good pick. There are enough of them out there to get a deal on in the used market. When you are ready to make a move, check out http://www.pduggan.com/

He is in Boston and has a good reputation with some big time collectors I've met. Great prices, warranty and you'll see the watch in person first since you are from the Bay State.

New watch, can't beat Singapore dealers.
Thanks for the heads up on the local place. Will check it out for sure.
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:00 AM 11-23-2011
My recent addition, just got here today:

Invicta Model# 0555, Russian Diver, Black Carbon Fiber Dial, Polyurethane Strap

[Reply]
kenstogie 11:30 AM 11-29-2011
Originally Posted by Killian:
What are everyones thoughts on the Citizen Eco Drives? I found one locally that I really like and might add it to my Christmas list. Are these decent watches or should I look elsewhere?
I have a an Eco-Drive it's a titanium and is light as a feather
One thing I have been told is that there's a battery inside the watch to store electricity (when it's dark) and the life of that battery is >10years. I like it alot though. I am lately digging the automatic watches and have 3 invictas and 1 Seiko and fake Rolex Auto. I also have a fairly nice Victorinox Chrono

[Reply]
Zeuceone 01:10 PM 11-29-2011
Where can I get a tool kit to( change battery, remove links, etc)?
[Reply]
larryinlc 01:16 PM 11-29-2011
This is where I buy all my watch stuff.

http://www.ofrei.com/

Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Where can I get a tool kit to( change battery, remove links, etc)?

[Reply]
kenstogie 08:00 AM 11-30-2011
Here's the business end of my gold Invicta with an automatic Miyota movt.
I also have a stainless Steel one that is indentical looking but actually has a seiko auto movement but branded as Invicta, it is NICE and keeps great time. I think as a whole invicta could use higher QC standards. JMHO

[Reply]
Remo 09:33 AM 12-11-2011
Burned my cigar money for awhile, sold my Marathon Jsar and re-aquired a Helson Shark Diver :-)

Attached:
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:51 PM 12-13-2011
Nice stuff there Ken
[Reply]
Taki 06:47 PM 12-13-2011
I have a few Movado's I will have to post a few pics when I get a chance, the last one I picked up is my favorite :-)
[Reply]
goomer 07:42 PM 12-13-2011
A few pics of some of my watches. A few years ago I went through a watch collecting phase.

[Reply]
Apoco 06:21 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:

This is the Metawatch by Texas Instruments. It is still in Developer release, but man it is sweeeeeet.

It connects to my Droid (Note: only droids right now. No software for Blackberrys, iPhones, etc) via bluetooth. Along the bottom you can see: Missed calls, missed texts, and missed e-mails. It vibrates whenever I receive any of these 3 along with showing me who is making the phone call, or showing me the text message, or showing me which account received an e-mail.

Plus I get the weather! Best. Purchase. Ever. (I've been using it for a week now - wanted to make sure it really worked. I work in a factory so I can't hear my phone ring and usually don't feel it vibrate...but the vibration on my wrist is hard to miss)

http://metawatch.org/
Posted via Mobile Device
Alright - so it has been 2 months now. I've gotta say...I'm never going back to a watch that doesn't bluetooth to my phone.

I can actually FEEL the vibrate feature since it is strapped to my wrist, I can glance down and see what the weather is outside, read all incoming text messages, and see who is calling. Best. Watch. Ever.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
goomer 06:58 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Apoco:
Alright - so it has been 2 months now. I've gotta say...I'm never going back to a watch that doesn't bluetooth to my phone.

I can actually FEEL the vibrate feature since it is strapped to my wrist, I can glance down and see what the weather is outside, read all incoming text messages, and see who is calling. Best. Watch. Ever.
Posted via Mobile Device
That is awesome! I may have to get one if/when it is able to connect to an Iphone. :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 10:46 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Nice stuff there Ken
Thanks Bro, I recently found a nice Seiko Auto Divers on the interweb for a song, so that'll be coming in the mail. Some day I will get a "real" watch.
[Reply]
rizzle 10:26 AM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by goomer:
A few pics of some of my watches. A few years ago I went through a watch collecting phase.

Beautiful.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 99
« First < 36444546 47485696 > Last »
Up