Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Brickhouse cigars
Shidoshi 09:28 PM 12-30-2011
I was turned on to them - mostly because of the price - by my local cigar shop. I liked that they were more affordable than what I had been smoking and saw they had a very good review in Cigar Aficionado. The first couple I had weren't noteable by any means, but over time I developed a taste for them and will occasionally buy a couple to keep in my humidor at home. I have a couple in there right now and am interested in finding out how they taste after they've married a bit with my other cigars. Definately not my top choice cigar, but definitely a "go-to" now and again.
[Reply]
Bageland2000 09:56 PM 12-30-2011
I wasn't that impressed. The few I have had started out really good and then turned harsh.. That being said I'm sure it won't be the last that I smoke
[Reply]
ApexAZ 07:39 PM 01-02-2012
Originally Posted by Dr Voss:
I bought a couple a few months back, smoked the first one right away and wasn't overly impressed. Have had the other in the humi since, might be a good way to bring in the New Year. Will let you know if it has changed much.
Did you smoke one of these, Dan? I'm curious to hear your impressions.
[Reply]
UpInSmoke 08:10 PM 01-02-2012
I have smoked a few Corona Largas, a Mighty Mighty and a Robusto or two. I enjoyed all of them very much. a box of Coronas are on my list...
[Reply]
ApexAZ 09:43 PM 01-03-2012
I just smoked my second robusto and this one was spot on. Delicious cigar and I only paid $4.60. Awesome!
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:46 PM 01-03-2012
I had one that sat for a while. Good smoke. I bought one for a golf trip, smoked it the day I bought it.. Still good but not like it should have been.
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:16 AM 01-04-2012
I smoked another one (Corona) over the weekend and it was much better than my last one. It seems weird that a Fuente stick would exhibit such inconsistencies in construction.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 01:19 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I smoked another one (Corona) over the weekend and it was much better than my last one. It seems weird that a Fuente stick would exhibit such inconsistencies in construction.
My guess is that they are rolled by the less experienced torcedors while they work to improve.

As for construction, the two I smoked were excellent. The first was just overly mild.
[Reply]
krb 10:51 PM 01-08-2012
My local shop suggested these so I picked up a toro and I really, really enjoyed it.

A couple weeks later I was in the shop and picked up a robusto and I couldn't even finish it. Just a horrible tasting piece of ****.

The next time I was there I picked up another toro and all was good in the world. These have easily become my favorite stick, but only in toro size. I've got a couple boxes aging in the coolidor and another half box or so in my desktop humidor.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up