Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 37
1 2311 > Last »
Sports>Wait 'til Next Year...Cubbies Fans Unite!
Whee 09:39 PM 04-01-2009
Have to counter Ryan's Yankees thread with a thread about the lovable losers...the Chicago Cubs.

Here's a place for us to cheer, gripe, and probably cry in our beer in September...

No Bartman's allowed!:-)

Went to Reds games as a kid. But thanks to WGN, watched as many Cubs games as I could growing up. Atteneded my first game at Wrigley when i was in 7th grade...1980ish.

Go Cubbies!!
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:47 PM 04-01-2009
Are the Cubs going to be showing the 2 exhibition games at the New Yankee Stadium on Friday & Saturday.
[Reply]
Whee 09:52 PM 04-01-2009
Damn, where's the bouncer? Who let the Yankee guy in?

Looks like Saturday's game will be on CSN-Chicago. had to reduce my satellite package, so not sure if it will be on WGN. Maybe someone who has a little more cash can answer...:-)

Sporting News says Yanks-Cubs in the series this year.:-)
[Reply]
King James 10:44 PM 04-01-2009
My prediction : Brewers take the central this season.

:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:02 AM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by King James:
My prediction : Brewers take the central this season.

:-)
I will take that bet. :-)
[Reply]
King James 06:06 AM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I will take that bet. :-)
hahaha
[Reply]
Savvy 06:34 AM 04-02-2009
Go Cubbies. Unfortunately I'm in Germany, so my exposure to baseball is going to be limited for the next few seasons. Oh well. I have the internet...
[Reply]
Starscream 03:23 PM 04-02-2009
I hear that my Reds are gonna be some competition for you Cubbies this year. I don't think the Brew Crew is gonna bring anything to the Central division this year.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:25 PM 04-02-2009
I should stay out of here I guess:-) Tom will beat me up:-)
[Reply]
rack04 03:42 PM 04-02-2009
Astros will be a force in the Central this year. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 03:44 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:

I have got to get a better bouncer for this thread...:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 03:52 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
I have got to get a better bouncer for this thread...:-)
If theres a job opening for bouncer Im up for it:-) Dont worry, no bashing from me in this thread Sean. Have you been to any crosstown series before? Anyone?
[Reply]
Whee 03:55 PM 04-02-2009
If theres a job opening for bouncer Im up for it:-) Dont worry, no bashing from me in this thread Sean. Have you been to any crosstown series before? Anyone?
A little friendly banter between Cubs/Sox fans is all in a days work for us.:-)

I would love to go to a crosstown game, but I always seem to be short in the $$ department. Whether at Wrigley or Comiskey, I mean US Cellular. Couple of years ago, my company treated us to the all you can eat/see a game day there. Very nice.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:00 PM 04-02-2009
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
A little friendly banter between Cubs/Sox fans is all in a days work for us.:-)

I would love to go to a crosstown game, but I always seem to be short in the $$ department. Whether at Wrigley or Comiskey, I mean US Cellular. Couple of years ago, my company treated us to the all you can eat/see a game day there. Very nice.
Same here, the tickets are expensive$!! Did cubs increase ticket prices for this year?
[Reply]
Whee 04:02 PM 04-02-2009
Same here, the tickets are expensive$!! Did cubs increase ticket prices for this year?
Being my employment status is "fluid" at the moment, I have not checked. Last made a game two years ago. Got to see Roger Clemmens vs Greg Maddux.

If only I could have seen that match up 10 years earlier...:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:02 PM 04-02-2009
Nah, I am a Tigers fan for the AL, but I don't hate the White Sox like some of those psycho-rivalry guys....maybe because I didn't grow up in Chicago. :-)

Originally Posted by andysutherland:
I hear that my Reds are gonna be some competition for you Cubbies this year. I don't think the Brew Crew is gonna bring anything to the Central division this year.
From who, Andy, the voices in your head? :-) :-)
[Reply]
Whee 04:04 PM 04-02-2009
I used to get WFLD growing up and would have to watch Sox games because my brother liked them since I liked the Cubs.

But as a catcher in Little League, I wore #5.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:10 PM 04-02-2009
Nah, I am a Tigers fan for the AL, but I don't hate the White Sox like some of those psycho-rivalry guys....maybe because I didn't grow up in Chicago. :-)
Im not as big into the cubs/sox rivalry as some. I just love the sox and the cubs/sox series is the only time i get in the rivalry mood:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:54 PM 04-02-2009
we are just crazy fans in chicago:-) and i love it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfY0-9zl0jk
[Reply]
Starscream 07:00 PM 04-02-2009
From who, Andy, the voices in your head? :-) :-)
MLBtv
[Reply]
Page 1 of 37
1 2311 > Last »
Up