Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 29 of 39
« First < 19272829 3031 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
CigarNut 09:53 AM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by Fredo456:
The problem seems to have resolved itself. The screen hasn't shut down since yesterday, so maybe it was just some jitters.
I would still recommend exchanging it - there may still be a problem and it's best to take care of it while you can.
[Reply]
Fredo456 10:57 AM 03-11-2012
Yes, it re-did it, I'll contact the seller.
[Reply]
icehog3 12:30 AM 04-17-2012
"Want to Buy" Forums come with a short amount of time and participation. A read through the rules of the Asylum will show that one must wait for access to the proper Forums before asking to Buy, Sell or Trade anything here.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 05:29 PM 05-10-2012
Can a punch punch any kind of cigar except torpedos????
[Reply]
icehog3 06:24 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan88:
Can a punch punch any kind of cigar except torpedos????
Depends on the size of the punch versus the size of the cigar's ring gauge. My punch would not work on panatela or ninfa sized cigars.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 07:16 PM 05-10-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Depends on the size of the punch versus the size of the cigar's ring gauge. My punch would not work on panatela or ninfa sized cigars.
So basically they're a no-no on the long skinny ones eh?
[Reply]
icehog3 07:39 PM 05-10-2012
So basically they're a no-no on the long skinny ones eh?
Just not practical, the punch hole is as big as the head of the cigar. :-)
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 09:08 AM 05-11-2012
That works as I've never smoked a long n skinny. (*Cue "that's what she said" joke* I know I know...)

Even though I've only tried a handful of cigars so far, the smallest ring gauge I believe I've dealt with was on a Guantanamera Cristales. They have a ring gauge of 41. But for $5 their garbage IMO...yuck.

Being poor sucks lol.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:41 AM 05-11-2012
That works as I've never smoked a long n skinny. (*Cue "that's what she said" joke* I know I know...)

Even though I've only tried a handful of cigars so far, the smallest ring gauge I believe I've dealt with was on a Guantanamera Cristales. They have a ring gauge of 41. But for $5 their garbage IMO...yuck.

Being poor sucks lol.
In my very limited experience with CCs, I have had several tasty and fairly cheap sticks. Fonseca Caddettes and PL Panatelas are a couple. I used to punch anything that was bigger than my blade but after a few tar problems I switched to cutting everything and haven't had a tar issue since. I do smoke mostly smaller RGs though. I try not to buy anything bigger than 42 RG if I can help it.
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 07:59 AM 05-12-2012
So why is Colibri triple refined butane the only really good Canadian butane option?

Aside from the obvious about not being allowed to be on airplanes, or shipped by airplanes, or to go across the boarder due to safety reasons, why aren't there any places in Canada that distribute for wholesale or even sell the personal use cans say 5x refined Vector or the Xikar butane.

Surely a big Canadian cigar shop could stock that stuff if they wanted to right?
[Reply]
kydsid 08:28 AM 05-14-2012
So why is Colibri triple refined butane the only really good Canadian butane option?

Aside from the obvious about not being allowed to be on airplanes, or shipped by airplanes, or to go across the boarder due to safety reasons, why aren't there any places in Canada that distribute for wholesale or even sell the personal use cans say 5x refined Vector or the Xikar butane.

Surely a big Canadian cigar shop could stock that stuff if they wanted to right?

Has to be a purely economic reason. There is no real reason otherwise. It can go on aircraft, but cargo aircraft only, not passenger. As for crossing the border there is no restriction, just red tape in shipping a hazmat material, which is the same for any butane fuel being shipped (I can fully understand why a US retailer would not want to ship it to Canada due to the paperwork alone though). Sounds like you might have found a profittable side gig. :-)
[Reply]
PenguinsFan88 01:43 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Has to be a purely economic reason. There is no real reason otherwise. It can go on aircraft, but cargo aircraft only, not passenger. As for crossing the border there is no restriction, just red tape in shipping a hazmat material, which is the same for any butane fuel being shipped (I can fully understand why a US retailer would not want to ship it to Canada due to the paperwork alone though). Sounds like you might have found a profittable side gig. :-)
Side gig eh? :-) Yeah I'd be happy if I could persuade what will be my local B&M to start stocking Xikar or Vector butane lol.

Best they sell is Colibri apparantly.
[Reply]
B-RiZzY 07:25 PM 06-03-2012
Here's my question after a while of browsing the internet to no avail..

I started my humidifier off with just plain distilled water. I then went out and bought 50/50 solution but haven't used it yet. When I went to my local smoke shop, they told me my humidifier will grow mold if I start using the solution if I started off with distilled water. Can anyone confirm this? I wanted to use the solution, but I'm not going to chance it if I could start a mold problem.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:29 PM 06-03-2012
No. If it is 100% distilled water it by itself will not be the cause of a mold problem. The material you put it on/in may have spores in it and cigars as well. To keep a mold problem down you should keep you RH below 70% and your temps down as well. Pushing a constant 80f and up can give you mold problems. I started off using the 50/50 mix but tossed it due to $ and wanting my RH lower (around 63-65%)
[Reply]
B-RiZzY 07:37 PM 06-03-2012
Okay, thank you. How do you keep your RH down that low? Mine is finally down to 70, after fighting with it when it was around 74-75%. I'd like a lower RH, but I'm not sure how to keep it that low.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:40 PM 06-03-2012
Heartfelt beads.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...Humidity+Beads

Also stop here and post an intro http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7
[Reply]
chippewastud79 07:40 PM 06-03-2012
Originally Posted by B-RiZzY:
Okay, thank you. How do you keep your RH down that low? Mine is finally down to 70, after fighting with it when it was around 74-75%. I'd like a lower RH, but I'm not sure how to keep it that low.
Heartfelt or HCM Beads. :-)
[Reply]
B-RiZzY 08:00 PM 06-03-2012
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Heartfelt beads.

http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/p...Humidity+Beads
I will be picking up some of these soon. Do I only need one? And how long do they last?

Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Also stop here and post an intro http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Done, thank you!
[Reply]
bobarian 08:15 PM 06-03-2012
Originally Posted by B-RiZzY:
I will be picking up some of these soon. Do I only need one? And how long do they last?
There is a calculator on the Heartfelt site.

I have been using Heartfelt beads for over 5 years. :-)
[Reply]
B-RiZzY 08:18 PM 06-03-2012
Oh, I think I get the gist of these. These appearantly replace my humidifier that's in there currently?
[Reply]
Page 29 of 39
« First < 19272829 3031 > Last »
Up