Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Bid
irratebass 01:46 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred:
Thanks much, Aaron. Also, does each item get charged a shipping price? Or is it just once price for all of your items?
I believe there is an option for shipping all your winnings at one time to save on shipping, but I am not the master of cbid, so I don't know....anyone? :-)
[Reply]
jluck 01:52 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I believe there is an option for shipping all your winnings at one time to save on shipping, but I am not the master of cbid, so I don't know....anyone? :-)
There's a first item shipping cost (the highest one) and nominal additional charges for each other item. "Shipping Savings Program." It does add up quick though. The company could save us time and money using USPS but I guess they must have a sweet deal with UPS.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:53 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
There's a first item shipping cost (the highest one) and nominal additional charges for each other item. "Shipping Savings Program." It does add up quick though. The company could save us time and money using USPS but I guess they must have a sweet deal with UPS.
See....this guy knows....have you seen his hauls? Thanks for the info :-)
[Reply]
mkarnold1 02:04 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
You need to set up weekly shipping to get the combined shipping savings.
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 02:06 PM 02-01-2012
Alright, I opted for that right at the beginning. Thanks guys!
[Reply]
jluck 02:20 PM 02-01-2012
Alright, I opted for that right at the beginning. Thanks guys!
Uh oh..............
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 02:47 PM 02-01-2012
Hahahaha, I know...I've only bid on singles so far, as I don't have any proper storage. I really hope I can control the urges....
[Reply]
mkarnold1 03:14 PM 02-01-2012
Proper storage can be found under merchandise. Muwahahaha
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 03:15 PM 02-01-2012
Oh, God, no...
[Reply]
irratebass 03:19 PM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by mkarnold1:
Proper storage can be found under merchandise. Muwahahaha
:-)
[Reply]
jluck 03:23 PM 02-01-2012
We lost another one........:-)

Btw....If you only take one piece of advice ever....Buy the biggest humidor you possibly can afford.then go size or two up from that! No joke.
[Reply]
JoeCool87TC 03:31 PM 02-01-2012
Hahahaha, I know...I've only bid on singles so far, as I don't have any proper storage. I really hope I can control the urges....
:-) :-) :-) :-)

Ain't no possible way, my friend, no way at all - ask me how I know... :-)
Good luck and have fun with your up-and-coming addiction!

(Now at 600+ and needing more space to fill)
[Reply]
maconusmile 03:59 AM 02-04-2012
Well here is what I got this Thursday from the "devil site"

Nestor Miranda SS Gordito (1)
NUB 460 Cameroon (1)
Cain NUB 464 Torp Habano (1)
Tatuaje El Trinfador No 5 (5)
5 Vegas Classic Torpedo (5)
Indian Tabac Cameroon Robusto (5)
Joyo de Nic Antanos Belicoso (5)
Partagas Cifunetes Enero (20)
Bahia Trinidad Corona Gigante (20)
Diesel Unlimited D7 (5)

Next Thursday can't get here soon enough... I am such an addict!
[Reply]
oldforge 06:31 AM 02-04-2012
I spent a lot of time on CBID back in '06 and '07--and still have a bunch of cigars around from those days.

One thing to keep in mind is that your tastes will change over time--so the smoke you love today may do nothing for you in a couple of years.

The other thing is that there really are diamonds in the rough with aging--the problem is that you will not know which of your purchases will fit that description when you buy them.

In short, it is a crap shoot. Enjoy it!

P.S. I am still married--praise be to the cigar gods.
[Reply]
irratebass 06:32 AM 02-04-2012
AWESOME Haul Macon! What did all that run ya with shipping?
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:42 AM 02-04-2012
Those bahia trins, I like those ones. Real good smoke for the $$. I tried the Bahia Blu, Didn't care for them as much as those right there.

I think I may pick up a few more for an everyday smoke.
[Reply]
jluck 10:47 AM 02-04-2012
Those JDN are a great smoke! good haul man! I am in the process of weening myself off cbid....well maybe not completely off...just 20 a week or maybe....40 or maybe just....80......Yup I'm a addict too......:-)
[Reply]
maconusmile 03:21 PM 02-04-2012
$176.00 Mickey.. Shipping and all!

Garry... That was the only one I have smoked so far and was quite impressed. Like you said for the money it's not a bad smoke even if you only smoked 1/4 of it and threw it away.

Jared... I am looking forward to the JDN.... I may have to torch one up tonight!
[Reply]
irratebass 05:16 PM 02-04-2012
Originally Posted by maconusmile:
$176.00 Mickey.. Shipping and all!

Garry... That was the only one I have smoked so far and was quite impressed. Like you said for the money it's not a bad smoke even if you only smoked 1/4 of it and threw it away.

Jared... I am looking forward to the JDN.... I may have to torch one up tonight!
VERY nice for all that! :-)
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 07:55 PM 02-04-2012
So, I don't know why this is making me think so hard, hahaha. I ordered a lighter, a cutter, a hygro and a few cigars from the "devil-site". Now, the highest shipping price is 4.95. Is that what I'm going to pay, in total, for shipping? Or does each item jack up the shipping?
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 4121314 1516 > Last »
Up