Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 23 > Last »
Sports>NFL
Bruins Fan 03:39 PM 03-11-2011
Looks like a lock out, the players decertify their union.
I don't get it the NFL has never been in better shape,and they demand a billion dollars back?
[Reply]
loki 04:15 PM 03-11-2011
this is just the height of arrogance. Millionaires vs billionaires are fighting about 9 billion dollars....they can all get ****ed
[Reply]
chachee52 04:52 PM 03-11-2011
Wonder if this will affect the NFL like the NHL lock out affected that league? Doubt it but we will see. Bring back the AFL so Ican at least watch some football!! Or will they start playing CFL games?
[Reply]
loki 04:53 PM 03-11-2011
you're not going to miss any football...this will be cleared up in a few weeks
[Reply]
blugill 05:05 PM 03-11-2011
I'm hopeful that this will be resolved but I do believe that fans will become fans again just as soon as the first game is played. The NFL is still king and will be for a long long time.

Baseball will benefit though in the meantime.
[Reply]
Bruins Fan 05:12 PM 03-11-2011
Last lockout some of the stars crossed the line and played, the product was not very good.
It's going to be interesting everyone is a free agent.
[Reply]
chand 06:13 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by chachee52:
Wonder if this will affect the NFL like the NHL lock out affected that league? Doubt it but we will see. Bring back the AFL so Ican at least watch some football!! Or will they start playing CFL games?
The NFL may get stung a little but it is much more visible league now than the NHL was at this point in their lockout drama by several orders of magnitude. Fans may pout in the NFL's absence but everyone will still be there come first kickoff.
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:27 PM 03-11-2011
Every public servant in America is in danger after the bill passed in Wisconsin. I refuse to listen to this crap. Let's see some of the NFL players go get a real job!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:29 PM 03-11-2011
Every public servant in America is in danger after the bill passed in Wisconsin. I refuse to listen to this crap. Let's see some of the NFL players go get a real job! Sorry being a teacher in Florida this week is not a good thing!
[Reply]
forgop 07:09 PM 03-11-2011
I hope they lock out the entire season-Jim Irsay has been counting the revenue for the Super Bowl next year before it's even played, so let them cancel it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:57 PM 03-11-2011
Who cares...it's baseball season!! :-) Go Mets!! :-)

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 08:10 PM 03-11-2011
With the union decertifying and this going to the courts the owners have little-to-no leverage. Their only hope is that it gets drug out in the legal system.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:14 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Every public servant in America is in danger after the bill passed in Wisconsin. I refuse to listen to this crap. Let's see some of the NFL players go get a real job! Sorry being a teacher in Florida this week is not a good thing!
:-) Right with you bro!!!
[Reply]
Volusianator 09:41 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Who cares...it's baseball season!! :-) Go Mets!! :-)

:-) :-) :-)
Ugh
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:01 PM 03-11-2011
A lot of other people other than players are getting screwed by this whole process right now. The only people who benefit from a lockout are the owners, every other employee of the team is out of a job until this is settled. :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:27 AM 03-12-2011
Baseball, America's passtime, is almost here. I could care less about this news right now :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 05:57 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Baseball, America's passtime, is almost here. I could care less about this news right now :-)
Baseball. Isn't it that one thing people across the country used to care about until around 1994, and now only people in about eight cities do?
[Reply]
AD720 06:54 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
A lot of other people other than players are getting screwed by this whole process right now. The only people who benefit from a lockout are the owners, every other employee of the team is out of a job until this is settled. :-)
That is the thing right there. Everyone down to the guy that rips the tickets is going to be sweating it out. There is a massive support system for these guys to go out there and play ball. Sponsorships, advertising, it's all a stake.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 10:34 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Baseball. Isn't it that one thing people across the country used to care about until around 1994, and now only people in about eight cities do?
No, I think you have that confused with hockey. Baseball is the sport that survives without having to resort to a salary cap, has the highest paid athletes in the country, and plays the longest season :-)
[Reply]
Stephen 11:19 AM 03-12-2011
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
No, I think you have that confused with hockey. Baseball is the sport that survives without having to resort to a salary cap, has the highest paid athletes in the country, and plays the longest season :-)
Says the Yankees fan. This tells a different tale.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 23 > Last »
Up