Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Needing some advice on OpusX LostCity...
qsalinas 12:38 PM 03-07-2011
I'm thinking of buying a box of OpusX LostCity Toros from my local B&M but wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. I've seen the box online for $280-$300 but since I have never bought a whole box of cigars before, online or at a B&M, I need some help. :-)

Thanks in advance...
[Reply]
OLS 12:44 PM 03-07-2011
Hard to tell you if you are getting a good deal...you didn't say what the B&M is asking for the cigars.
[Reply]
kickerb 01:05 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Hard to tell you if you are getting a good deal...you didn't say what the B&M is asking for the cigars.
:-)
[Reply]
Bax 01:13 PM 03-07-2011
Do you like the Lost City? I've not had one yet but a few people I've talked to were disappointed.
[Reply]
qsalinas 01:21 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
Alright sorry about that guys. They are asking for $270-$280 which is about what I've seen online. So I guess my question is: If that is a good price since I don't know if the online prices are accurate or not.
[Reply]
qsalinas 01:23 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by Bax:
Do you like the Lost City? I've not had one yet but a few people I've talked to were disappointed.
I had the Piramide one and thought it was really good but what do I know I'm a newbie. :-)
[Reply]
Bax 01:31 PM 03-07-2011
Originally Posted by qsalinas:
I had the Piramide one and thought it was really good but what do I know I'm a newbie. :-)
If you liked it, newb or not, then go for it :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:35 PM 03-07-2011
Tim said it best, NEVER smoke for public taste, cause sometimes the emperor has no clothes.
Smoke what you like, and plenty of it. Not sure about THAT box, but the Opus boxes I have are
freaking great humidors after the candy's gone. They treat un-cello-ed cigars like babies.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:29 PM 03-07-2011
$299 for a box of toros at my local. Ha just noticed your in Houston. Anyway being new at cigars my advice would be forget them, you can do much better then a 10 count box of cigars. What B&M you buying from?
[Reply]
Bill86 03:07 PM 03-07-2011
I personally would not pay the nearly $300 for them. Does that include tax?

I've seen these online go for around $225 either way I think they are stupidly expensive.

$23-$30 a stick no thanks.
[Reply]
Bax 03:16 PM 03-07-2011
That was 300 for a 10 count???? I changed my mind, don't get them!:-)
[Reply]
HK3- 05:56 PM 03-07-2011
Don't know price points on them, but I do know the one I had was awesome.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:05 PM 03-07-2011
I'm thinking of buying a box of OpusX LostCity Toros from my local B&M but wanted to know if I was getting a good deal. I've seen the box online for $280-$300 but since I have never bought a whole box of cigars before, online or at a B&M, I need some help. :-)

Thanks in advance...
If you like them, that's all that matters. If you have the coin to buy them, why not? When I first got into cigars, I bought a box of AF Work of Art naturals, way above the normal price. I loved them and that's why I bought them. I guess what I'm saying is, if you like it, buy it.
[Reply]
Trent0341 06:24 PM 03-07-2011
Alright sorry about that guys. They are asking for $270-$280 which is about what I've seen online. So I guess my question is: If that is a good price since I don't know if the online prices are accurate or not.
That price is about right. I've seen them for around $240 a box but I just went through my favorite sites and couldn't find it for that low. The prices I saw was the same as your local B&M. Enjoy them:-)
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:26 PM 03-07-2011
Price seems like you aren't being gouged, so if they're worth that much to you, go for it!
[Reply]
jsd 10:32 PM 03-07-2011
I've only smoked one and it was a gift. I think it was purchased for around $28. Regardless of the price I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Buy and smoke what you enjoy smoking.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:15 PM 03-07-2011
That's a very good price. I think MSRP is $300 per box and that's what I got mine for. I bought my box of lanceros because I fell in love with the toro-ish one I smoked. The lancero is good, but not at all like the first one I smoked. I was recently gifted a perfecto and hear they are outstanding. I will get back to you on that. If you like them and can afford it, buy them.
[Reply]
Beagleone 09:10 AM 03-08-2011
That is the price I've seen them around for. I bought a few and have only smoked one. I wasn't really impressed with it, but it has potential for aging. Overall, I haven't been impressed with the recent productions of Opus X either and find they need a few years of age before they are suitable for smoking.
[Reply]
qsalinas 09:06 AM 03-09-2011
I wanted to thank everyone for all the help and great advice. This is truly an awesome community. :-)
[Reply]
canadianbeaver 09:54 AM 03-09-2011
Recently I smoked a little Opus X Fuente Fuente and fell IN LOVE. I mean heads over heels in Love. But here in Toronto? Are you kidding? Try $60+ if you can find the little treasures.

Had me an idea. Looked in my humidor for smokes I knew were amazing but I could live without, from previous trades or whatever, and put them up for trade. They went in 45 minutes to someone who had FF, Power ranger XXX's and *****cats.

The online cigar community is incredible at this level.

Cheers,

CB
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up