Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>ACID - Kuba Kuba
michael88n 09:54 PM 03-09-2009
I was gifted this cigar a week or so ago. I had been keeping it in a box that I want start using for dry boxing. So I took it to work with me for my after work smoke.

Quitting time came and I grabbed a bottle of (high quality) h2o and headed for the door. It was a nice night. Not too cold. Not windy.

The cigar felt firm. It smelled okay. This is my first flavored cigar and my it's all my friend Manny smokes so I'm curious. I punch a hole in the end and take a pre-light draw. What the...?! I didn't know it was sweetened! The draw was good, but the flavor on my lips was awful. Maybe, I thought, that after the first couple of puffs that the flavor would die down.

It lit nicely... but I have to wrap this up quickly. I threw it away after five puffs.

I could not handle the smell or the taste. The flavor was like old perfume or something. I tried to stay with it for a few minutes because I thought that someone would say, "After the first inch the 'old perfume' flavor dies down and it really comes into its own." Well, I'll never know.

I had to brush my teeth and eat some M&Ms to get that taste out of my mouth.

I know some people really like them, and good for them. But it's not for me.

Cheers,
Michael

And that doesn't even count for my seventh review.
[Reply]
Mr.Goodfella 10:00 PM 03-09-2009
Another happy Drew Estates consumer :-). My wife likes them but I am with you.
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:06 PM 03-09-2009
I am not a fan of most of the Acid brand.
[Reply]
M1903A1 10:10 PM 03-09-2009
Had exactly one Acid cigar. It was one too many.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:33 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by michael88n:
I had to brush my teeth and eat some M&Ms to get that taste out of my mouth.
Hope it worked, Michael...I had to gargle with battery acid. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:40 PM 03-09-2009
I have enjoyed some of the other non-Acid Drew Estate cigars.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:46 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I have enjoyed some of the other non-Acid Drew Estate cigars.
Only one I ever enjoyed (multiple times) was the old blend LVH Silencios.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 11:21 PM 03-09-2009
Just the smell of one of these Patchouli sticks makes me want to wretch.
[Reply]
Volt 06:25 AM 03-10-2009
This will give you a laugh.... I have had two Drew Estate cigars, like a CAO neither willever pass my lips again. I realize the old adage smoke what ya like and like what ya smoke, but the chemical warfare Drew calls Acid is just pure chemical $hit.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:29 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Hope it worked, Michael...I had to gargle with battery acid. :-)

are you sure that wasn't after a gurkha?
[Reply]
Bax 06:40 AM 03-10-2009
Nope, not a fan:-)
[Reply]
michael88n 07:49 AM 03-10-2009
Volt,
Thanks for the link.

That was funny: "Sometimes evil wins the battle."

Michael
[Reply]
icehog3 08:29 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
are you sure that wasn't after a gurkha?
No, for that I got a rope. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 08:55 AM 03-10-2009
So, newbie question, as I have not tried any of the Acids yet (mainly because of reviews here)... These things are basically like a more expensive Swisher Sweet?
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 03-10-2009
The Acid line is infused with flavors, so the tastes seem more intense than the sweetness of a Swisher or a Baccarat. The blue line are sugary sweet, and not something that I care for.
[Reply]
Silound 09:10 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The blue line are sugary sweet...

Sugary like eating the whole sack.

Last one of these I smoked was with windburned lips. Whatever the hell they infuse those with burns like HELL.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 09:44 AM 03-10-2009
They basically taste like potpurri or if you prefer your gf/wife's underwear drawer. The first time I had one I had lick the pavement outside to get the taste out of my mouth.
[Reply]
Volt 11:01 AM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
So, newbie question, as I have not tried any of the Acids yet (mainly because of reviews here)... These things are basically like a more expensive Swisher Sweet?

Hmmm well if your well traveled, I'd rather eat a balut than smoke another acid.
[Reply]
Kreth 12:58 PM 03-10-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmmm well if your well traveled, I'd rather eat a balut than smoke another acid.
Or natto? :-)
[Reply]
JJG 01:43 PM 03-10-2009
When I first got into this hobby I felt like I needed to try as many different brands as possible. Over time though, you start to realize that you can avoid just abut 95% of all the cigars out there without missing much. I would think anything from Drew Estates falls into the 95% category.

Stick to the good stuff.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up