Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Kioki troop cigar connecticut
Don Fernando 11:50 AM 04-18-2009
The feel of this 5 x 48 robusto with the oily Connecticut wrapper with a few veins is silky, and the construction seems ok. The cigar has a slightly pressed fire end, but I blame that on the long trip. The aroma reminds me of standing next to a horse and some hay. Unfortunately, the wrapper tears when I try to make a cut, but it is still smokeable.

After lighting the cigar I taste a woody flavor, pretty mild. After half an inch there is a light hay/straw flavor and the intensity of the flavors increase a bit. Half an inch later the wood has a buttery texture with a very light chocolate aftertaste. Halfway I taste some pleasant pepper.

At the 2/3rd mark I found a dry leather flavor combined with the ever present wood and a hint of nuts. The flavors have a warm texture, comforting.

This is a mild bodied, mild flavored cigar with a perfect burn, a great draw, thick dark ashes and plenty of smoke.

Would I buy this cigar again? I don’t think so. It is a good cigar, no doubt about the quality and if you like mild or medium cigars this is a great pick, especially for the prices Eric is asking, but with my palate and love for the fuller bodied cigars it won’t be in heavy rotation in my humidor.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke && ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (second part) 7 / 10
Aroma (third part) 7 / 10
[Reply]
Rockestone 11:52 AM 04-18-2009
Thanks for the Review.:-)
[Reply]
kiokicigars 12:12 PM 04-18-2009
Don,

It looks like the travels dried that out a bit and the next ones..."habanos" I will add a water pillow for the long trip.

Nice review!
[Reply]
G G 12:47 PM 04-18-2009
Great review there Ferdinand.:-)
[Reply]
scooter 02:30 PM 04-18-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up