Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliva Serie O
Volt 05:14 PM 04-06-2009
Ok, Mike(Wanger) and I did a trade. Along with the trade were a few body guards. One of them was an Oliva Serie O (maruro I'm pretty sure).

Ths cigar had a lot of character, very dark brown, big seams/veins. Looked to be robusto sized, my favorite. Cut with the Palio and lit with the Zippo for teh ride home.

First few puffs, wow this has a bit of nic. I am a vitamin N wimp. But I stay with it. As I move on down the highway it settles down a bit and I can enjoy it better. This was a very rich tasting, full bodied cigar. It left a creamy type coating to the mouth with lots of chocolate tones. The draw and burn were perfect. About time after all the bad ones I have had recently. The cigar was faily one demensional, but for some reason I did not get tired of it. Just a really good tasty stick.

I pulled into the driveway with a pretty good buzz going. Sadley, the nic was right at the point of too much for me. I'm glad I smoked it and I might do one or two more in the future but with a full stomache and a candy bar.

I'm no Oliva "whore" as others, but I have yet to smoke a cigar from them that I didn't like. Great contruction, taste, and value. They just seem to make good cigars that are affordable. I would say try this stick if you like maduros and nic, but not for the folks who like the milder stuff. :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:23 PM 04-06-2009
Thanks for the review..I have yet to try the "O" although I love the "G" and "V" series!
[Reply]
tobii3 05:25 PM 04-06-2009
You're an Oliva Ho.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt, Volt.

:-)
[Reply]
shilala 05:27 PM 04-06-2009
I really enjoy my Oliva stuff. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 05:37 PM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
You're an Oliva Ho.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt, Volt.

:-)

Shhhh
[Reply]
colimo 05:44 PM 04-06-2009
ive liked the oliva cigars since i first tried one a year or so ago....any of them....particlularly the G and V series....just bought the last box of Serie V maduro torpedo one of my BMs had..

like the figurados too
[Reply]
cle_smoker 06:33 PM 04-06-2009
I've had a couple out of a box I got for my birthday and they were pretty good. The first one I smoked too soon after they came in and it was a bit harsh. But the second one was quite good.
[Reply]
G G 07:26 PM 04-06-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I really enjoy my Oliva stuff. :-)
I have to agree with Scott.:-)
[Reply]
shortstory5 08:55 PM 04-06-2009
If it's Oliva, it's good in my book. Haven't had one that I didn't like. They are great sticks for the money.
[Reply]
REALMCCOY 09:04 PM 04-06-2009
I tend to favor Nicaraguan tobacco and Oliva Series O are in my top five. If you have not tried the sungrown O I highly recommend it.:-)
[Reply]
Wanger 06:38 AM 04-07-2009
Great review Mike. And yes, you ARE an Oliva whore. Oliva really has taken a big step forward in the last couple years. They're making some really good stuff these days.
[Reply]
Volt 08:08 AM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by Wanger:
Great review Mike. And yes, you ARE an Oliva whore. Oliva really has taken a big step forward in the last couple years. They're making some really good stuff these days.
I agree - just not as good as the Bolds though :-)
[Reply]
Up