Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese Double Wrap--Cigar Tourney #4
Whee 04:32 PM 04-05-2009
Next up in the tourney...

Arganese Double Wrap Churchill
7x50
Wrapper:Connecticut shade/maduro
Filler: Dominican

I'd smoke it...
This is a very nice looking cigar. Cap looks a little odd as they used both wrappers to create it. Have not seen that on a barber pole yet. Very strong tobacco aroma prelight. Clipped easily and getting a nice light chocolate flavor on the draw. The draw is very firm.

Initial flavor is nutty, with a pipe-like tobacco finish. Must be pure tobacco flavor I am picking up. Draw is still a bit firm and the ash is salt and pepper. Medium amount of smoke.

Here's the 5 minute pic.."In Play"

Continuing a bit of nuttiness at the 20 minute mark. Draw is still a little too snug for me. Getting a nice spice on exhale. Leather is starting to come out with the nuts, now. Wish that initial burst of choco would return, but not yet. Ash is very tight and left behind a nice little cone. Few minutes later and the draw has opened up a bit and gotten more comfortable.

40 minutes...
Very smooth spice and licorice-yness with the leather still hanging in the background. The nuttiness has gone away. Flavor is very light, but good. Draw is now nearly perfect and the burn is pretty straight at this point.

Nothing to report as we pass the one hour mark.

At the 80 minute mark, we are still going strong so to speak. Expecting harshness to appear at any moment. This has been a very consistent smoke.

100 minutes..
Leather taste has picked up in intensity. I think we are nearing the end. Everything else is very good at this point.

And we died at 110 minutes.

This is a very good smoke. Right up there with the Twist for me. It never did go harsh, I even broke out the nubber to get the last few puffs off it.

Very consistent and smooth cigar. Subtle flavors, but enough changes to keep it from getting boring. Loses some points for that bad initial draw, which did improve on its own. This one is a keeper.

Here's the results:

Appearance and Presentation: 19(20)
Lighting and Burning: 13(20)
Construction: 24(30)
Taste: 29(35)

Overall: 85
[Reply]
colimo 04:45 PM 04-05-2009
i've smoked that one and a couple other of the arganese line and have enjoyed them all....

have also tried the new cugine line made by them and was also quite good.
[Reply]
Up