Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 51 of 111
« First < 41495051 525361101 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>beer hauls
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:04 PM 03-05-2011
A buddy called me today and told me he picked up a few bottles of Goose Island Night Stalker for me. I've still not had that beer yet, and have been looking for some.

[Reply]
MiamiE 09:35 PM 03-05-2011
Today I bought Cigar City Guava Grove, and Maduro Brown, Brooklyn Brewery Lager, and Brown Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and ROGUE Somer Orange Honey Ale.
[Reply]
cobra03 12:47 PM 03-07-2011
Just picked up a growler of Troggs Nugget Nectar:-)
[Reply]
jmsremax 01:30 PM 03-07-2011
I picked up a 6-pack of each: Short's Brewing Mystery Stout, Short's Brewing Huma Lupa Licious, and Southampton Bier de Mars.
[Reply]
b0rderman 08:20 AM 03-08-2011
eclectic haul

The Timmermans was an odd choice for me, but I've never had it and it was a buck off so it went in the basket.
[Reply]
MidnightMonkey 08:35 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Red:
Is that a bottle of Yamazaki whisky?
[Reply]
MidnightMonkey 08:36 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
A buddy called me today and told me he picked up a few bottles of Goose Island Night Stalker for me. I've still not had that beer yet, and have been looking for some.

How was the Night Stalker?
[Reply]
MidnightMonkey 08:38 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Yes sir I was. Seth guided me in the right direction. :-)

Cigar City beers are one that we can't get out here in Portland, OR. How was it? Do they really go well with cigars or is it just a fun name?
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 07:52 PM 03-08-2011
Maybe not the rarest... but definitely the bestest...

Free Schlafly! English IPA and Raspberry Coffee Stout.. 5 cases of free goodness!
The Raspberry Coffee Stout isn't even available to the public yet!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:54 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by St. Lou Stu:

Free Schlafly! English IPA and Raspberry Coffee Stout.. 5 cases of free goodness!
That's awesome, congrats! The stout sounds interesting :-), you'll have to let us know what you think.
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:06 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by kaisersozei:
That's awesome, congrats! The stout sounds interesting :-), you'll have to let us know what you think.
Agreed. Raspberry Coffee Stout seems.....different to me.
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 09:13 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by jmsremax:
Agreed. Raspberry Coffee Stout seems.....different to me.
Upon further review.... it is.
The coffee stout is one of my all time favorites from them... fresh draft anyway.
I always thought the bottled coffee stout was a bit different for some reason.

This is ok (little o, little k).. the coffee is very pronounced as an aroma, but almost washed out by the raspberry tartness as far as flavor is concerned. That said, it is very hard to distinguish the raspberry as a complete flavor also. Its one of those deals where the two just don't fully cooperate. The coffee and stout aspects are washed out by the tartness. The beer tastes thinner and the tartness of the raspberry appears to detract from the body of the stout. To me it seems like it makes my mouth water a bit due to the tartness, but there isn't a pronounced raspberry.
On a scale of 1-10, I give it a "why?".:-)

I've never been a fruit beer kinda guy. Stout, yes, fruit, no.

Screw it... on to the English IPA!:-):-)
[Reply]
Bill86 09:35 PM 03-08-2011

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:50 PM 03-08-2011
Sounds very interesting Tim.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 07:59 AM 03-09-2011
This is ok (little o, little k).. the coffee is very pronounced as an aroma, but almost washed out by the raspberry tartness as far as flavor is concerned. That said, it is very hard to distinguish the raspberry as a complete flavor also. Its one of those deals where the two just don't fully cooperate. The coffee and stout aspects are washed out by the tartness. The beer tastes thinner and the tartness of the raspberry appears to detract from the body of the stout. To me it seems like it makes my mouth water a bit due to the tartness, but there isn't a pronounced raspberry.

Damn shame you now have so much of it :-)

Maybe it will be good in some kind of beef marinade or BBQ sauce.
[Reply]
jmsremax 08:23 AM 03-09-2011
Upon further review.... it is.
The coffee stout is one of my all time favorites from them... fresh draft anyway.
I always thought the bottled coffee stout was a bit different for some reason.

I've never been a fruit beer kinda guy. Stout, yes, fruit, no.

Screw it... on to the English IPA!:-):-)
Thanks for the review. I just couldn't imagine a raspberry stout. I won't lie I am still curious about the taste and still might have to buy one just to say I did if I can find one.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:10 AM 03-09-2011
Putting a few bottles of Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Jack & Kens Ale in the cellar later tonight.
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:01 AM 03-09-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Putting a few bottles of Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Jack & Kens Ale in the cellar later tonight.
Smart man!!!:-)

It's like money in the bank!!!:-)
[Reply]
cobra03 10:04 PM 03-09-2011
Just got my hands on a couple bottles of Southern Tier Chautauqua amber ale. Never had it before.
[Reply]
Lumpold 11:45 AM 03-15-2011
[Reply]
Page 51 of 111
« First < 41495051 525361101 > Last »
Up