Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 23 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Let see your man caves
trendo 12:45 PM 02-12-2012
Did a quick search, did not see anything. Lets see your man caves, or smoking areas!

Heres mine, home made ventilation using a gable fan hanging from the rafters, and some ducting.
[Reply]
dwoodward 12:49 PM 02-12-2012
Nice looking man cave... where is the TV? lol
[Reply]
trendo 01:13 PM 02-12-2012
:-)I bought a bigscreen, but my wife taxed it for the living room, so I am stuck with the 32" for now
[Reply]
EricF 01:16 PM 02-12-2012
I'm trying to convince the wife to let me turn the spare bedroom into one, but everytime I get close, she says NO SMOKING IN THE HOUSE!!!! :-)

One day!!!
[Reply]
trendo 01:20 PM 02-12-2012
I gave up the rest of the house to build this room:-)

its a tough sell, but with enough ventilation, there is no odor in the rest of the house.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:22 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:
I'm trying to convince the wife to let me turn the spare bedroom into one, but everytime I get close, she says NO SMOKING IN THE HOUSE!!!! :-)

One day!!!
Buy one of those Ozone Purifier things. I hear they will eliminate cigar odors and make the room smell fresher than it ever had. They are expensive tho, but hey, worth a shot.
[Reply]
EricF 01:25 PM 02-12-2012
I haven't given up yet!!! :-)
[Reply]
GodOfFire 02:37 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Buy one of those Ozone Purifier things. I hear they will eliminate cigar odors and make the room smell fresher than it ever had. They are expensive tho, but hey, worth a shot.
My wife works for a company that sells air filtration units. I can tell you the ozone purifiers are not typically what you want for smoke. Especially not having any sort of fan to pull the smoke.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 02:51 PM 02-12-2012
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...28&postcount=4

Pics back when it was still new. It smells like musty old cigars now. And the Vette is replaced by two little girls......

Such is life.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 05:25 PM 02-12-2012
looks great man. I don't have a man cave. I am living in government housing so i don't really have alot of rooms and my wife dosent want me to smoke in the living room.... just wait one day i will be free of government housing. This is said with a twinkle in my eye
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:34 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by GodOfFire:
My wife works for a company that sells air filtration units. I can tell you the ozone purifiers are not typically what you want for smoke. Especially not having any sort of fan to pull the smoke.
What would you recommend? :-)
[Reply]
jluck 05:47 PM 02-12-2012
Here's mine. It's a fairly small space so I really can't get a good pic.No smoking in the house though..
Here's my smoking room in the shop.
[Reply]
us_soldier1989 06:14 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by jluck:
Here's mine. It's a fairly small space so I really can't get a good pic.No smoking in the house though..
Here's my smoking room in the shop.
Oh! What a lovely room of death. :-)
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:01 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by EricF:

One day!!!
I'm so stoked, my Fiancee keeps saying "When we get another place, we need to get an extra room so you have a Cigar Room." I'm now ok with breaking our lease :-)
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 07:05 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
I'm so stoked, my Fiancee keeps saying "When we get another place, we need to get an extra room so you have a Cigar Room." I'm now ok with breaking our lease :-)
nice b
[Reply]
Hem 07:18 PM 02-12-2012
I'm jealous of you guys! We haven't been in our new home for long but the office is mine to do as I please...except smoke in. I figure it will make a nice humidor/man cave room though eventually.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:26 PM 02-12-2012
I have the garage and a the room connected to it. We live in a town home, 3 stories. So the bottom is all mine! The garage is a garage.. Just some misc things in there. Room.. Is slowly getting converted. It is a small room. So not much but a couch if that and TV is planned. I am getting a bumper pool table/poker table in a few weeks.

I have to find some pictures.
[Reply]
eber 05:50 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
the best way to keep the smell out of the rest of the house is to maintain negative pressure in the room, this means having a fan of some kind sucking air out of the room. if you keep the fan going (even on a low speed) smoke can never get out of the room and you wont smell it in the rest of the house. I dont even have a door on my smoking room (just a doubled-up cheap curtain) and you cant smell smoke even a foot away from the curtain. I use a window fan for my exhausting BTW, I have used this technique in 2 different dens in different apartments and it always works like a charm

if anyone has any questions about my setup drop me a PM and I would be glad to help
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 05:59 PM 02-21-2012
Just finished this 2 months ago.

[Reply]
Volusianator 06:17 PM 02-21-2012
Howard...that's fantastic!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 23 > Last »
Up