Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 32 of 270
« First < 22303132 33344282132 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
T.G 07:56 PM 05-18-2010
Just cold smoked some cheese, nuts and green olives over hickory and apple in the S18.
(Yes, Brent, I bought a vacuum sealer - thanks for the push that finally got me to go find one)

Was going to do a second run with mesquite and cherry, but the POS $2.99 soldering iron from Fry's only made it through one run.

*grumble*
[Reply]
LooseCard 08:09 PM 05-18-2010
Mr. B,

In a word..................

Orgasmic.
[Reply]
OLS 06:45 AM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
Then it didn't happen!!!:-)
Remember, I am not in the habit of taking pictures of food. This is hard to remember to DO.

Scott, those ribs look catastrophic! I could eat that pile myself, and WOULD were I given the oppo.
[Reply]
Scothew 07:06 AM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Remember, I am not in the habit of taking pictures of food. This is hard to remember to DO.

Scott, those ribs look catastrophic! I could eat that pile myself, and WOULD were I given the oppo.
Thanks Brad! Im rather proud of myself on how they turned out.
[Reply]
OLS 12:13 PM 05-19-2010
I think on that recipe next time you only use ONE of the tubes of meat. Everything else it totally
to scale. I have not seen as well executed and COOKED bacon weave as that in as long as I
have been checking out fatties, which to be honest is only two months. But I see so many
that are the right temp inside apparetly, but the wrong doneness in the bacon arena. That
is very nice.
[Reply]
Mr B 12:57 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
(Yes, Brent, I bought a vacuum sealer - thanks for the push that finally got me to go find one)
You're gonna love it. You'll find yourself vac-sealing many more things than just food.
I used it to pack an extra rain jacket and Fleece vest in my boat in case of emergency. It shrunk those things down to about 1" tall, lol
[Reply]
kydsid 02:52 PM 05-19-2010
So any of you grill masters tried this stuff before: http://realmontanacharcoal.net/default.aspx

was reading over at naked whiz while bored at work. Evidently the owner of this company doesn't believe in full carbonizing so that the charcoal of apple will give apple flavor and so on. For a speciality charcoal $1/lb doesn't seem so bad but just wondering what ya'll think.
[Reply]
wayner123 02:56 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by kydsid:
So any of you grill masters tried this stuff before: http://realmontanacharcoal.net/default.aspx

was reading over at naked whiz while bored at work. Evidently the owner of this company doesn't believe in full carbonizing so that the charcoal of apple will give apple flavor and so on. For a speciality charcoal $1/lb doesn't seem so bad but just wondering what ya'll think.
I haven't tried them.... yet. It's the shipping prices that get me.

But I did have a good conversation with the owner/maker. And he seems like a real nice down to earth guy. It got great reviews over at naked whiz and it's filling a void in the market for a good maple charcoal. He also does small batches of fruit woods.
[Reply]
T.G 02:59 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
You're gonna love it. You'll find yourself vac-sealing many more things than just food.
I used it to pack an extra rain jacket and Fleece vest in my boat in case of emergency. It shrunk those things down to about 1" tall, lol
Yeah, I'm already loving it. The frugal side of me is ecstatic that I found a NIB older foodsaver w/ 3 20' rolls of 11" film and like 30 quart bags for $55 total. The engineer part of me is hating the fact that I didn't just drop $190 on the almost industrial grade VacMaster Pro-130. Considering the cost of bags/film though, I got a good deal. I can always upgrade to the bigger machine later.
[Reply]
Mr B 03:34 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
Yeah, I'm already loving it. The frugal side of me is ecstatic that I found a NIB older foodsaver w/ 3 20' rolls of 11" film and like 30 quart bags for $55 total. The engineer part of me is hating the fact that I didn't just drop $190 on the almost industrial grade VacMaster Pro-130. Considering the cost of bags/film though, I got a good deal. I can always upgrade to the bigger machine later.
Just FYI, CostCo sells the bags
[Reply]
T.G 03:46 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Just FYI, CostCo sells the bags
Thanks.

My search for a machine actually started at Costco since they have the $20 off the high end FS system coupon in the current book so I did notice that they had a very good price on the bags when I was looking at the machine the other day. 3 or 4 rolls of 11"x16 + 1 roll of 8"x20' + a handfull of quart bags for about $50 IIRC.

This machine came with so many rolls that I'm probably set for a long time.

I might also look towards some of the bag/roll vendors on ebay too eventually - prices there seem to be very inexpensive.
[Reply]
kydsid 04:02 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by wayner123:
I haven't tried them.... yet. It's the shipping prices that get me.

But I did have a good conversation with the owner/maker. And he seems like a real nice down to earth guy. It got great reviews over at naked whiz and it's filling a void in the market for a good maple charcoal. He also does small batches of fruit woods.
Well I see on the website that it says Florida Distributor Coming Soon. :-)

Good to hear. The shipping is always the killer. Being that my neighbor owns a freight company I was going to see what we could work out common carrier on a half pallet or something.
[Reply]
Mr B 04:39 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
I think on that recipe next time you only use ONE of the tubes of meat. Everything else it totally
to scale. I have not seen as well executed and COOKED bacon weave as that in as long as I
have been checking out fatties, which to be honest is only two months. But I see so many
that are the right temp inside apparetly, but the wrong doneness in the bacon arena. That
is very nice.
Thanks. You're exactly right. Next time - Half as much meat and more filling (it did need some more stuffin'). Those were my thoughts too. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 04:43 PM 05-19-2010

An empty smoker is a sad smoker
[Reply]
Mr B 04:52 PM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by steve:

An empty smoker is a sad smoker

LOL, I totally agree. If friday comes and I dont have anything for the smoker I get a little tear in the corner of my eye and go out and give my smoker a hug. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 04:56 PM 05-19-2010
My Lang is parked in the driveway next to where I park my truck. When I get home in the evenings, after the sun has been beating down on it all day, ahh, the fragerance!
[Reply]
Mr B 05:00 PM 05-19-2010
My Lang is parked in the driveway next to where I park my truck. When I get home in the evenings, after the sun has been beating down on it all day, ahh, the fragerance!

I have my Cold Smoke Conversion Box on the deck of my Ranger in the garage. So even the garage smells yummy now too. :-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 06:00 PM 05-19-2010
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:09 PM 05-22-2010
Bunch a talking, no picture posting half-weights. LOL. I was lucky enough to stock up on the small bone ribs where they
pack 3 racks in there. I bought a dozen racks and might get three more on Mon. Pictures speak for themselves. I ended up
using sauce on exactly one and a half racks. Landlady got one, I got one, will bring one to work. First time I ever put sauce
on a rack of ribs. Over-cooked, btw.
Attached: may ribs 1a.jpg (55.5 KB) mayribs 1c.jpg (117.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Superbad 08:23 PM 05-22-2010
I made 3 racks today in by rectangular Brinkmann smoker. My sister and her husband came to visit for the day. I coated in maple syrup and followed with a light coat of rub and wrapped in saran wrap early this morning. AFter lunch time I smoked these for about three to three and a half hours at around 225-250° and did a half dozen ABT's made with Poblano peppers. I let them rest and then brought to temp again in a 250° oven for 40 mins before serving. They were delicious. I have 2/3rd's of a rack left after sending some home with my sister.
Attached: DSC_0211.jpg (49.3 KB) DSC_0210.jpg (55.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 32 of 270
« First < 22303132 33344282132 > Last »
Up