Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Sports>Texas Tech V OK
theycallmedan'lboone 08:39 PM 11-22-2008
Fiance ain't happy. :-):-) I am not going to have any fun for at least a week.
[Reply]
compuag 08:54 PM 11-22-2008
I just spent last week in Lubbock and everyone I spoke to up there expected this to happen.
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:01 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by compuag:
I just spent last week in Lubbock and everyone I spoke to up there expected this to happen.
Really?? I certainly thought it would be a closer game, something like 45-38.. but this is just crazy.

The Big 12 Championship is going to be a hot debate, with 3 one loss teams.
[Reply]
acruce 09:06 PM 11-22-2008
Hopefully this with catapult Texas back to #1:-)
[Reply]
loki 09:09 PM 11-22-2008
this isn't even a game anymore
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:08 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
Really?? I certainly thought it would be a closer game, something like 45-38.. but this is just crazy.

The Big 12 Championship is going to be a hot debate, with 3 one loss teams.
Won't be much of a debate... it will be OU in the championship with a game like that in the last couple weeks of the season... I wanted OU to win, but I wanted it to be a close game so Texas would still go to the chamionship... but witha game like that, it is almost certainly gonna be:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Then maybe Tech will fall to 6 or so... and the highest ranked big 12 south team in the last week is the one who will play for the championship... :-)

At least Florida will spank bama in the SEC title game and that should bump Texas up to finish 3 for the season...
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:08 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by acruce:
I wish it would... but I bet OU will pass Texas tomorrow... :-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 10:18 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC
:-)
[Reply]
white_s2k 12:35 AM 11-23-2008
Won't be much of a debate... it will be OU in the championship with a game like that in the last couple weeks of the season... I wanted OU to win, but I wanted it to be a close game so Texas would still go to the chamionship... but witha game like that, it is almost certainly gonna be:

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Then maybe Tech will fall to 6 or so... and the highest ranked big 12 south team in the last week is the one who will play for the championship... :-)

At least Florida will spank bama in the SEC title game and that should bump Texas up to finish 3 for the season...
Sorry, maybe I didn't word my statement correctly. I meant the Big 12 championship game, not the national championship game. Is it OU for TX or OU vs TT?

TT certainly has a case considering they beat Texas.. but then Texas beat OU.. so who deserves to go?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:15 AM 11-23-2008
About as much a chance as the Stars have of being in first place Monday. :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:57 AM 11-23-2008

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

Not Necessarily! It ain't over 'til It's over! Roll Tide!:-)
[Reply]
Doogie 06:16 AM 11-23-2008
i hope Fla beats Bama. Now we have 8 one loss teams. Playoff screams will be huge
[Reply]
Footbag 06:23 AM 11-23-2008
MY brother has been Talking up TT for the whole season and he knocked Penn State's 1-pt loss. I've got my ammunition.
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 06:54 AM 11-23-2008
well just from watching. I think if the game had been neutral site at least would have been a game. Stoops is 50-2 in Norman. that says alot about Home field advantage, I don't care who you are. 50 wins 2 losses AT HOME!? thats brutal. what I saw was harrell trying to make play after play after play when OU had their number. I think Tech is a good football team, but just doesn't have the Character... now what happens if OU looses to OSU? possibility, it's at OSU, big game let down? Alabama to lose to Auburn in 6 days... you heard it here first.
[Reply]
rizzle 07:39 AM 11-23-2008

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. OU
4. Texas
5. USC

[Reply]
longknocker 08:22 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
well just from watching. I think if the game had been neutral site at least would have been a game. Stoops is 50-2 in Norman. that says alot about Home field advantage, I don't care who you are. 50 wins 2 losses AT HOME!? thats brutal. what I saw was harrell trying to make play after play after play when OU had their number. I think Tech is a good football team, but just doesn't have the Character... now what happens if OU looses to OSU? possibility, it's at OSU, big game let down? Alabama to lose to Auburn in 6 days... you heard it here first.
I don't think so!!!!:-) Roll Tide!!!:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:39 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by white_s2k:
TT certainly has a case considering they beat Texas.. but then Texas beat OU.. so who deserves to go?
the team that won on a neutral field (Texas) by double digits (rather than at home). Texas also spanked the north champ (Mizzou) by 3+ TDs.

However, regardless of this week's rankings, lets not forget everyone still has another regular season game left, a lot can happen.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:39 AM 11-23-2008
they don't need to be #1 (don't deserve to at this point as Bama is undefeated), they just need to be ahead of OU in the BCS standings next sunday.
[Reply]
Rockestone 11:42 AM 11-23-2008
I'm no fan of Texas by any means (it's a Rick Barnes thing), but I would much rather Texas jump up rather than OK, that's for sure.
[Reply]
zmancbr 11:46 AM 11-23-2008
Originally Posted by RX2010:
they don't need to be #1 (don't deserve to at this point as Bama is undefeated), they just need to be ahead of OU in the BCS standings next sunday.
Yes they do... but the only way that would happen is if the computers love Texas' wins and schedule more than OUs... I just saw the AP this morning and it is exactly like I called it last night...:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up