Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
montecristo#2 09:58 PM 11-06-2008
Originally Posted by Ron1YY:
Question for everyone, Has anyone tried the New Gran Patron? It's an Anejo from what I have read.

Ron
<-----
<-----

I think this stuff is around 500 a bottle. Patron Burdeos - an additional aging step in Bordeaux barrels. If I ever get a new job that has a signing bonus, maybe I will pick up one of these.

I prefer Patron: Anejo > Reposado > Silver

I also recommend Tezon - this stuff is really good. Nice and smooth.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 06:35 PM 11-09-2008
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
I picked a bottle of this up last night for 20$ (El Mayor Blanco)... That is a pretty good deal for 100% De Agave, maybe it was marked wrong...

I will post my thoughts about it after I have some tonight... :-)

Finally, I got to try this stuff... Made a quick margarita...

1 lime
3/4 oz water
1.5 oz tequila
1 oz agave nectar

Pretty good...
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 09:38 AM 11-10-2008
Pretty good...

I picked some of this up last Friday night and mixed up some Tequila Sunrises for the wife and I. Pretty tasty actually, and I like the bottle for something different on the shelf.
[Reply]
spincycle 03:28 PM 11-14-2008
Very disappointed when I found this thread.. wrong kind of Tequila!

:-)
[Reply]
nozero 03:57 PM 11-14-2008
My personal favorite is Patrón Silver, but I like Herradura Añejo too.
[Reply]
BroncoHorvath 06:02 PM 11-14-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Patron Silver :-)

[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:41 PM 12-30-2008
I got a bottle of this for x-mas... I am gunna break it open soon...

[Reply]
SmokinApe 09:09 AM 01-04-2009
Makes a great Paloma: 1/2 can Fresca some lime slices and a shot and a 1/2 of tequila over lots of ice...

I got a bottle of this for x-mas... I am gunna break it open soon...

[Reply]
themoneycollector 09:53 AM 01-04-2009
If you like sipping Tequila, you should try and locate a bottle of El Chamuco - one of the smoothest I've ever tried.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 03:10 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by moneycollector:
If you like sipping Tequila, you should try and locate a bottle of El Chamuco - one of the smoothest I've ever tried.
I'll keep an eye out for it...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:06 PM 01-04-2009
Picked up a bottle of Cazadores Reposado in Mexico. Quite sophisticated complex taste that is subtle and quite smooth. We did a horizontal of 6 reposados yesterday and Cazadores was on the top half. Had never had it until then previously. Lots of places in Q. Roo sell it on the premium shelf, so might as well pick it up...
[Reply]
SmokinApe 05:19 PM 01-08-2009
Not a premium but it ain't bad mixed... Having a Paloma with it right now...

[Reply]
AdamC 05:32 PM 01-08-2009
I like Don Ramon Reposado (it's straight from mexico), and Patron
[Reply]
TheRiddick 12:47 AM 01-30-2009
Used to drink Patron, Herradura, Tres Generaciones, Azul, before all the new small production, high end tequilas hit CA a few years back. Now you walk into a nicely stocked shop and your heads spins with all the choices. At this point I settled on Partida, fairly new brand, but absolutely unreal in all respects. Reposado or Blanco for me, can't stand the taste of oak in most Anejos.

Best value these days is probably Cazadores Reposado, sells for $30 per liter bottle in CA Costco, hands down the best deal out there, IMO. Smoth and tasty.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:34 AM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Best value these days is probably Cazadores Reposado, sells for $30 per liter bottle in CA Costco, hands down the best deal out there, IMO. Smoth and tasty.
Cazadores Reposado is like $20 at the Mexican Naval PX and Don Julio Blanco is $18.

I've never seen Cazadores sold in the US? Not that I looked for it before. White tail deer is Mexico's largest native animal (cover of bottle).
[Reply]
TheRiddick 11:55 AM 01-30-2009
Moses,

Cazadores appeared at CA Costco about 3 years ago, then spread to other liquor shops. $30 per one LITER bottle, like I said, at Costco. At Trader Joe's and others, it is same price but for a 750ml bottle. Reposado was the only version they produced originally, but lately have also released Anejo, which I have not tried yet (I usually dislike most Anejos due to too much oak flavoring). And theirs looks reddish in color so that tells me it is color adjusted as well (same as with most cognacs).

All I can tell you is that tequila selection here in CA is much, much better than that on the Right Coast, but the same can be said about wine as well (when it comes to Left Coast produced wines), not surprising of course. Prices are also much better due to higher competition and availablility.

If you like Cazadores, try Partida, they range from $45-60 (Blanco to Anejo), its a definite step up in flavor, IMO. I went through a good number of higher end tequilas in the last 15+ years I've been drinking them and when I tasted this one I had an eye opening experience, they are better than pretty much any $100+ bottle out there. I was introduced to it by the GM of a Santa Monica restaurant, they have 80+ premium tequilas on their list, and this was his favorite, I couldn't agree more.

Browse Hi Time Wine and Liquor shop's selection, they are in SoCal (Newport Beach area), its a tequila museum of best of the best, all at gret prices. Same for cognac and wine, BTW. At least I have not found any place in SF area to match their selection and every time I go to Orange County I make sure to stop buy the place. They do ship.
[Reply]
Killjoy 12:00 PM 01-30-2009
I am a big Coralejo fan..I like both the Anejo and reposado. It is a birthday tradition for me.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:39 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
Browse Hi Time Wine and Liquor shop's selection, they are in SoCal (Newport Beach area), its a tequila museum of best of the best, all at gret prices.
Hi Time Wine is famous, but I do not think they ship to Mass.

I am partial to buying tequila in person. Tequila bottles are either gifts or sentimental items from trip.

What I buy in person is always in Texas, I just happen to go there often. There's a chain called Specks that has like 200+ Tequilas! Actually, it's biggest liquor store I have ever seen, but as in Texas, everything is the biggest, lol...
[Reply]
ucla695 12:43 PM 01-30-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Hi Time Wine is famous, but I do not think they ship to Mass.

I am partial to buying tequila in person. Tequila bottles are either gifts or sentimental items from trip.

What I buy in person is always in Texas, I just happen to go there often. There's a chain called Specks that has like 200+ Tequilas! Actually, it's biggest liquor store I have ever seen, but as in Texas, everything is the biggest, lol...
Hi Time is a great, great place. They have aisles and aisles of good stuff. I try to go there whenever I'm in the area.
[Reply]
Killjoy 12:47 PM 01-30-2009
Lees discount liquor here is similar..gigantic selection and there must be 10 of them here in town...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 4513 > Last »
Up