Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 183
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What beers are you enjoying II?
LawMonkey 08:59 PM 01-03-2012
I'm this very moment having a SN Celebration Ale, but ever since my visit to the Czech Republic, my true love has been Pilsner Urquell. I've yet to find a suitable, reliably available domestic alternative, but every time I find it on tap my face just lights right up...
[Reply]
cobra03 10:17 AM 01-04-2012
Had a few good ones at our weekly tasting last night
DFH World Wide Stout
Keegan Ales Mothers Milk
Wagner Valley Sled Dog Dopplebock
Ommegang Tripel Perfection
Ommegang Hennepin

The DFH World Wide Stout and the Tripel Perfection were absolutly fantastic. The WWS had quite the kick.
[Reply]
jdp 10:53 AM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by LawMonkey:
I'm this very moment having a SN Celebration Ale, but ever since my visit to the Czech Republic, my true love has been Pilsner Urquell. I've yet to find a suitable, reliably available domestic alternative, but every time I find it on tap my face just lights right up...
Comparing to Pilsner Urquell, Live Oak Pils might be the closest American brewed pils. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:02 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by jdp:
Comparing to Pilsner Urquell, Live Oak Pils might be the closest American brewed pils. :-)
Prima is my favorite Pils. Hands down best American IMO.
[Reply]
jdp 03:35 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Prima is my favorite Pils. Hands down best American IMO.
Fully agree on that. It's my favorite commercially available pils. Just that Prima Pils is hoppier than Pilsner Urquell (and probably less residual malt). Which is a good thing for some and others not so much.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:37 PM 01-04-2012
There are some American versions on this list that might be worth sampling.

http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pa...anPilsner.html

For me, I'm not sure how well Summerfest & SA Noble Pils stack up against the original Urquell (especially on draft,) but you might find something you like here.
[Reply]
Coop 03:43 PM 01-04-2012
I had some Dog Fish 60min IPA the other day. Very tasty!!!

I will say the SN Celebration Ale was very good this year! I went back to get more and they were out...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:04 PM 01-04-2012
2011 Founders Imperial Stout, Yum!!
[Reply]
newcigarz 06:02 PM 01-05-2012
The Alchemist Heady Topper (straight from the can :-))

[Reply]
cobra03 07:19 PM 01-05-2012
Troggs Perpetual IPA tonight. Great beer. Alot of hop flavor without a ton of bitterness.
[Reply]
Salvelinus 07:38 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:

:-) I hope it turns out to be a blessing that these guys decided not to open the pub back up. Maybe they'll get more beer into circulation.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:46 PM 01-05-2012
Drinking Bells Two Hearted.

By the way, Heady Topper is really good stuff! Wish I could get it more often than trades.
[Reply]
jdp 09:08 PM 01-05-2012
In an IPA mood...

Caldera IPA
SKA Modus Hoperandi
BrewDog Hardcore IPA
LD Sneaky Pete

Nice to see others not be scared of cans. I love the fact I can take my favorite beers with me to the river, lake, hiking, etc.. and not worry about glass.
Attached: beers.jpg (31.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:22 PM 01-05-2012
Originally Posted by newcigarz:

I had friend from Vermont bring me a bunch of beer last week and the Heady Topper was one of them. Damn tasty!!
[Reply]
jluck 10:26 PM 01-05-2012
I had to give up craft beers to afford more cigars! couldn't afford both vice's. But occasionally I do have a N/A beer.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 10:34 PM 01-05-2012
They had the Pilsner Urquell on tap at a bar down the street from me for a while. No one there drank it and it went on sale for 2.50 for a 20 oz. tap. I think I drank at least 2/3rds of that keg. Love that stuff.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 10:34 PM 01-05-2012
Stella Artois at the moment.
[Reply]
Jbailey 10:40 PM 01-05-2012
Founders Breakfast Stout.
[Reply]
Coop 07:36 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by jdp:
In an IPA mood...

Caldera IPA
SKA Modus Hoperandi
BrewDog Hardcore IPA
LD Sneaky Pete

Nice to see others not be scared of cans. I love the fact I can take my favorite beers with me to the river, lake, hiking, etc.. and not worry about glass.
I love the SKA Modus Hoperandi!!!!
[Reply]
pnoon 07:43 AM 01-06-2012
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
Founders Breakfast Stout.
:-) :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 5 of 183
« First < 345 671555105 > Last »
Up