Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 39
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
icehog3 08:49 AM 10-11-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
:-)
Why does the photoshop pic of Moe still look like Moe? I never noticed the resemblance before, Admiral!:-)
Why I oughtta...... :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 08:00 AM 10-31-2009
What is the proper way to "drybox" cigars...?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:40 PM 10-31-2009
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
What is the proper way to "drybox" cigars...?
Put a cigar in a box without humidification. Or just place it on the counter for a few days.
[Reply]
Santesyu 02:43 PM 11-07-2009
Is there any other methods of trying to prelong a cigar without a humidor? Atleast 2 weeks tops? maybe 3..
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:46 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by Santesyu:
Is there any other methods of trying to prelong a cigar without a humidor? Atleast 2 weeks tops? maybe 3..
Ziplock bag is fine for a few weeks. Tupperware or Gladware is a good alternative too.
[Reply]
Santesyu 04:09 PM 11-07-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Ziplock bag is fine for a few weeks. Tupperware or Gladware is a good alternative too.
If I did it that way how long do you the average cigar can last up to?
[Reply]
Barteur 04:31 PM 11-07-2009
If the conditions inside the tupperdor are good I would say as long as you wish. Look at the cooler threads you will see what I mean:-) Many of the brothers have them here and with great success.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:33 PM 11-07-2009
In a ziplock, 3-4 weeks before I would start be concerned. In tupperware or gladware, years. I have had a Gladware container full of cigars for over two years and the humidity has stayed at 65% like a rock. Coolers are another great alternative that many of us use. You can always place humidifiers in any of these and keep cigars in there indefinitely.
[Reply]
PuffdaMagic 03:27 AM 11-13-2009
is it okay to leave the plastic wrapper on a cigar if storing it for a long period of time?
[Reply]
Zanaspus 04:36 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by PuffdaMagic:
is it okay to leave the plastic wrapper on a cigar if storing it for a long period of time?
Many prefer leaving the cello on. Age old debate, on or off. Cello is gas permeable and will allow proper aging. It also protects from damage. I take mine off, but that's just one BOTL's preference.
[Reply]
The EVP 05:05 AM 11-13-2009
Originally Posted by PuffdaMagic:
I store it just like I bought it. If the manu put it on, they did so for a reason.
[Reply]
trojan_knight 06:35 PM 11-18-2009
I have been part of CI's cigar club for a few months and have bought a few samplers. I am really pleased with 5 Vegas classics, any CAO, and my favorite so far are the Montecristo Media Noche.

so now to a total newb Q.:

I know everyone's tastes are different but, here in Wyoming I can't go and sniff or check out many cigars. So, do the masters here have any suggestions for a neophyte like me, given my above statement?

Thanks
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:39 PM 11-18-2009
Easy. Try everything you can. It takes years but it's a fun ride. :-)
[Reply]
trojan_knight 06:52 PM 11-18-2009
Thanks, that has been my approach. I will take anything I can get but I do not like paying for sub-par stuff. I am not sure how to sort out junk from good, without any input other than, pics, the occasional review, and my very limited experience.
[Reply]
bobarian 06:54 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by trojan_knight:
I have been part of CI's cigar club for a few months and have bought a few samplers. I am really pleased with 5 Vegas classics, any CAO, and my favorite so far are the Montecristo Media Noche.

so now to a total newb Q.:

I know everyone's tastes are different but, here in Wyoming I can't go and sniff or check out many cigars. So, do the masters here have any suggestions for a neophyte like me, given my above statement?

Thanks
Read reviews here and see what others are smoking. Try and pick up a fiver here and there on cigarbid, joecigar or cigarmonster. Try as many different brands and blends as you can. When you find one you like, then check some of the big sites to find other cigars of similar profile. Take notes on what you like and have fun. :-)
[Reply]
Whee 06:55 PM 11-18-2009
Originally Posted by trojan_knight:
Thanks, that has been my approach. I will take anything I can get but I do not like paying for sub-par stuff. I am not sure how to sort out junk from good, without any input other than, pics, the occasional review, and my very limited experience.

One man's junk food is another man's fine cuisine.

I was a sampler whore when I started. Smoked a lot of crappy cigars to find the ones that I really liked.

Keep smoking.:-)
[Reply]
stj386 10:59 PM 11-20-2009
Hello,
I have a huge problem where i cant get the temperature in my humidor below 84 degrees. I live in Hawaii and my apartment stay pretty hot day and night year round. I currently have my humidor in the closet with a fan circulation air but its not helping . Additionally I'm trying to keep the humidity low so as to not allow tobacco bugs to hatch but i dont know if that will help. I heard that freezing the cigars for two days will kill the bugs; and that if they are properly resorted to room temperature that they will be fine to smoke in a few days.
So i guess what Im asking is, are there any other ways to cool my humidor and should I go ahead an freeze my cigars?
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:16 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by stj386:
Hello,
I have a huge problem where i cant get the temperature in my humidor below 84 degrees. I live in Hawaii and my apartment stay pretty hot day and night year round. I currently have my humidor in the closet with a fan circulation air but its not helping . Additionally I'm trying to keep the humidity low so as to not allow tobacco bugs to hatch but i dont know if that will help. I heard that freezing the cigars for two days will kill the bugs; and that if they are properly resorted to room temperature that they will be fine to smoke in a few days.
So i guess what Im asking is, are there any other ways to cool my humidor and should I go ahead an freeze my cigars?
I would freeze your cigars for sure. I do with every cigar that comes in just to be safe. I freeze for 72 hours.

No real way to cool your humidor unless you have air conditioning or a basement. Keep it in the coolest darkest place.
[Reply]
theonlybear4CORT 11:36 PM 11-20-2009
What cigar pairs best with iced chi tea?
[Reply]
bobarian 12:24 AM 11-21-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
I would freeze your cigars for sure. I do with every cigar that comes in just to be safe. I freeze for 72 hours.

No real way to cool your humidor unless you have air conditioning or a basement. Keep it in the coolest darkest place.
Freezing is the way to go. Here is a good thread to read. http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=freezing
72hours at minimum in your climate. :-) Once you freeze you can display your humidor as long as it doesnt get direct sunlight.

High humidity can lead to mold, but beads should keep your smokes at a constant Rh. I recommend 65% Heartfelt beads. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 39
« First < 456 7816 > Last »
Up