Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Recipes>Kale and Spicy Sausage Soup
MarkinAZ 12:04 PM 06-01-2014
This is a recipe located at http://www.thefreckledfoodie.com/ which I've simply tweaked a bit:

2 – 32oz boxes of Chicken Stock or Broth.
˝ Onion – I used a large yellow variety for this.
5 Carrots - medium to large size.
4 Celery stocks – medium to large size.
Kale – two nice size handfuls of Kale.
1 lb Italian Sausage (no sugar content variety)
2 tbsp Italian seasoning – that’s 2 “healthy” tbsps folk!
1 tbsp Salt
Pepper to taste – I shook the pepper shaker for about 5 seconds.

I used a 1 gallon stock pot for this recipe. Pour your chicken stock/broth in the pot and set the flame on low and cover.

Cut, chop, and dice the required onion, carrots, and celery and place them directly into the pot. Place your two handfuls of Kale into the pot. I purchased a bag of cut Kale from the store, and placed an amount which blended and gave a good balance between the stock and other ingredients.

Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to the pot, stir, and turn the flame up to high. You can perform a taste test at this point for Italian seasoning, salt, or pepper additions to your taste. As your soup just starts to indicate a boil, turn the flame down to low/simmer, cover.

Grab your favorite skillet, heat it up, and place your Italian sausage in and brown it up real good. Chop it up as your turning the sausage to brown. When done, place the sausage and fat rendering into the pot and stir to mix all the contents, cover, continuing the low/simmer setting of your flame. Set your timer for 25 minutes and stir the contents from time to time.

This soup rocks! It tasted good, of course, upon completion, but even better after it sits overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy Inmates!
[Reply]
CigarNut 07:10 PM 06-01-2014
This sounds good, Mark -- I will have to give it a try!
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:55 PM 06-01-2014
Do it Michael! I've been foraging on it all day, among other items, and I think I'm down to a bowl and a half:-)
[Reply]
Up