Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 36 of 36
« First < 26343536
Sports>St Louis Cardinals Fans Sound Off!
688sonarmen 03:21 PM 10-29-2013
Dear Cardinal Bats,

Please come back, I miss you.

Very Respectfully,

Jake
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:45 AM 10-31-2013
Well ... the rookie didn't get it done ... he's REALLY going to have to work on that curve ball before next year.

They looked like the mid-August Cards at the plate. Heck of a time to go back into that funk.

Plus the Sox are an awfully good team ... looks like the deserve it ... congratulations to them.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:18 AM 10-31-2013
Heart attack series, when just about every game was decided by one inning or one hit or one mistake, I wasn't "relaxed" until it was actually over. I don't know if I could have handled a game 7, the Cards pitching is just sick, between them and the Tigers what a group of flamethrowers to have to fight through. It was fun, we should do this again next year :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 11:11 AM 10-31-2013
Wacha looks like he's going to scary good.

And the comparison between the Cards' Martinez & Pedro leads me to believe the red birds have struck pitching gold. I expect them to challenge for years.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:03 PM 10-31-2013
Great series and I'm very happy for the Sox and fans. While another ring would have been nice and one for Carlos, it was good to see everyone happy around here for getting a WS win at home.

BOSTON STRONG!
And to take a page, er encyclopedia from the Cubs. Wait until next year! Go Cards!
[Reply]
qwerty1500 05:17 AM 11-01-2013
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Wait until next year!
Thought about that too but didn't want to sound like a Cubs fan.

Maybe it's too soon to even think about this ... but ... what do you do with Carlos? Sign him? Replace him with another quality free agent bat? Or stand pat with the homegrown talent?

What do you do about SS and CF? Can Craig and his foot play RF with Adams at 1st?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:07 AM 11-02-2013
Carlos stayed healthy this year, next year who knows. He is a leader, is clutch, and does not make errors out there. Travers was not healthy last year at AAA and has not had a whole season in AAA. I would sign Carols but have Travers as a ready replacement. SS we need someone and should spend the money to get them, I think our biggest hole is at SS. If Kozma was even a average bat it would be a non issue, but he is not and his glove fails at the worst times. I would let Freeze go, thanks for 2011 but he is not cutting it. They want to put Matt C at third, I think that would take away all his talent. If Matt Adams dropped about 400lbs I would put him at 3rd just for his bat. Craig stays at 1st. Jay stays at CF.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 07:27 AM 11-02-2013
Jay stays at CF.
Can't argue much with any of your moves ... except this one. Jay is a plus defensive player but is right up there with Kozma at the plate. My question is ... is Taveras ready?

Westbrook is already gone. Who do you see in the starting rotation?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:53 AM 11-02-2013
Originally Posted by qwerty1500:
Can't argue much with any of your moves ... except this one. Jay is a plus defensive player but is right up there with Kozma at the plate. My question is ... is Taveras ready?

Westbrook is already gone. Who do you see in the starting rotation?
Wainwright, Miller, Wacha, Kelly, Martinez. Not 100% sure about Martinez. And Rosenthall as closer.

I think Traveras comes up after the All Star break if at all.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:55 AM 11-02-2013
Hell of a pitching rotation. :-) :-) Wish we had it. I agree, Jay may not be the answer in CF. If they don't re-sign Beltran...Jay could move to right and Taveras plays CF.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 05:52 PM 11-20-2013
A tip of the cap to a great warrior, so long Carp hope to see you on the coaching staff.

And we will be seeing more of Skip, just signed a 2 year deal with..... The Reds!
[Reply]
qwerty1500 08:39 AM 11-21-2013
A tip of the cap to a great warrior, so long Carp hope to see you on the coaching staff.

And we will be seeing more of Skip, just signed a 2 year deal with..... The Reds!
The Post Dispatch is saying that Carp may stay with the club in the front office. I think he would be a real asset working with all those young pictchers.

Good for Skip. Only problem ... it seems that ex-Cards often come back to haunt us.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 04:12 PM 11-21-2013
Happy Birthday Mr Musial!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 04:31 PM 11-21-2013
Hope someone is up there playing harmonica for him .. nah he's probably doing it himself.

I love this tribute to him by Bob Costas, really shows you who he was.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=25574499
[Reply]
qwerty1500 08:00 AM 11-23-2013
Underwhelmed at the Freese deal. Just what we need ... two more good defensive outfielders who can't hit .270 ......
[Reply]
qwerty1500 09:04 AM 03-29-2014
Well ... here we go ... 2014.

The starting rotation looks good ... and I certainly seldom say that. I'm a little worried about Shelby. I'm wondering if he has a physical problem ... even thinking back to the Series. If I have a pitching question, it's the bullpen ... we'll see.

I still think the lineup is going to miss Carlos. But, they are a bunch of young talented players with a whole lot of potential. It looks like Wong has finally come around. Peralta's bat should be a plus but I bet he's looking over his shoulder at our Cuban wonderboy down in the minors.

Questions? Who's going to back up Matt Adams at 1st? How are they planning to keep Molina rested with only Cruz to back him up? Will Bourjois stay healthy and hit better than Jay? And finally ... what's the deal with Taveras?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:26 PM 04-23-2014
Wacha, Wacha, Wacha!
[Reply]
Page 36 of 36
« First < 26343536
Up