Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Entertainment>Weekly discussion for "The Shield"
Darrell 11:15 PM 11-25-2008
That was seriously a lame ending to an epic series. Yea, Vic will be miserable riding a desk, but this could have ended so much better.

I'm real disappointed.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:25 PM 11-25-2008
Vic ended up with a fate, that to him, would be far worse than Shane's or Ronnie's.

But did you see that look in his eye as he left? :-)
[Reply]
Ron1YY 04:50 AM 11-26-2008
For such a great series you would think that they would have written a better ending than this. I'm very disappointed in the way the shield ended.
[Reply]
rack04 07:45 AM 11-26-2008
Dissapointing episode, but a great segway into the movie. Hopefully the rumors are true.

Read Shawn Ryan's thoughts on the final episode.
[Reply]
Ken 08:12 AM 11-26-2008
Well, the end for Shane and family really sucked for them. Had a good (bad) feeling of what they were going to find in the bedroom when Shane shot himself.

With Shane's suicide and Ronnie being arrested while Vic walks, I think that end works to show the true evil of Vic. Work will kill him at the desk, but he will brush all his sins off and be Vic on his off hours. Vic may have some compassion and you could tell the saddening in him looking at the photos, but the monster inside is a greater force.
[Reply]
dunng 08:17 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by icehog3:
But did you see that look in his eye as he left? :-)
Really wish they showed another 10 minutes after that, it looked like he was up to something... :-)
[Reply]
rack04 08:41 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
Really wish they showed another 10 minutes after that, it looked like he was up to something... :-)
No me. I thought it was truly awkward.
[Reply]
rack04 10:21 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by :
Regarding Dutch Wagenbach, Ryan said he cast Jay Karnes' real-life wife as Billings' lawyer. The move was meant to further suggest that Dutch would finally find a successful romantic partner.
Too funny.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:28 AM 11-26-2008
I am down with The Shield movie, I cannot accept last nights episode as the last time we see/hear from Vic Mackey. That does not work for me.
[Reply]
rack04 10:35 AM 11-26-2008
If there is a movie I hope it is 3 years in the future when Vic isn't chained to the desk and Ronnie is out of prison. The thought of Ronnie hunting down Vic brings a smile to my face. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 10:35 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I am down with The Shield movie, I cannot accept last nights episode as the last time we see/hear from Vic Mackey. That does not work for me.
ac⋅cept⋅ance   /ækˈsɛptəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ak-sep-tuhns] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
2. favorable reception; approval; favor.

But what if you have to, Darrell?

Case in point...Al Swearengen, "Deadwood". :-)
[Reply]
rack04 10:39 AM 11-26-2008
Brings back sad memories of when Oz ended. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 10:39 AM 11-26-2008
ac⋅cept⋅ance   /ækˈsɛptəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ak-sep-tuhns] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1. the act of taking or receiving something offered.
2. favorable reception; approval; favor.

But what if you have to, Darrell?

Case in point...Al Swearengen, "Deadwood". :-)
:-)

Yeah. I know, Tom. :-)

Did anyone else think Vic looked hilarious in a suit?
[Reply]
icehog3 10:42 AM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
:-)

Yeah. I know, Tom. :-)

Did anyone else think Vic looked hilarious in a suit?
I think they purposely put him in one that was too tight, to symbolize the "restrictions" of his new job.....he looked like I feel in a suit. :-)
[Reply]
Ron1YY 11:14 AM 11-26-2008
I think they purposely put him in one that was too tight, to symbolize the "restrictions" of his new job.....he looked like I feel in a suit. :-)
That is not possible!!!!!!!!! Tom, Suits have sleeves :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 02:30 PM 11-26-2008
Originally Posted by Ron1YY:
That is not possible!!!!!!!!! Tom, Suits have sleeves :-) :-) :-)
I know Ron.....I hate that chit! :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 09:02 AM 11-27-2008
I think that what we were left with is similar to how the Shield started. Vic grabbed his gun with the look in his eye of "I'm going to do whatever the hell I want" and left. This was soon after he heard and saw the lights of the police car which flipped that switch in his head. Just my thoughts.....
[Reply]
Comicbookfreak 08:44 PM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by Ken:
Well, the end for Shane and family really sucked for them. Had a good (bad) feeling of what they were going to find in the bedroom when Shane shot himself.
Shane's murder/suicide scene had an eerie Chris Benoit type feeling to it. It made me wonder if the writers got the idea for this scene from the Benoit murder/suicide, as there we some similarities in it and the scene.

All in all not a bad ending, the one thing that would drive vic mad, a desk job.
[Reply]
Ron1YY 09:01 PM 11-27-2008
Originally Posted by Comicbookfreak:
Shane's murder/suicide scene had an eerie Chris Benoit type feeling to it. It made me wonder if the writers got the idea for this scene from the Benoit murder/suicide, as there we some similarities in it and the scene.

All in all not a bad ending, the one thing that would drive vic mad, a desk job.
You know it didn't hit me until you said that Bro. Very similar situation indeed.....
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 09:03 PM 11-27-2008
this thread can be closed now :-):-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up