Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
General Discussion>Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?
King James 08:21 AM 04-30-2010
Fennec browser looks like it will be good, but the current pre-alpha release is so bug-ridden its irritating lol. But hopefully before long they can release something better
[Reply]
cle_smoker 08:39 AM 04-30-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
I havent really let the battery die yet, but after charging it at around 4pm yesterday, the phone had half charge at around 10ish... while I was showing it off a bit, I wouldnt call it heavy use. However, I charged it all night last night, took it off around 6am. Right now the battery meter is showing almost full less a small bit. I'll report back at the end of the day.

Mind you, Im used to my blackberry that I could go 3 or 4 days without charging.
Yes, the battery could be better. The Eris didn't last as long as this one does, so I am happier with that. It's a trade-off I guess. I could go days on my old phone, but it was only a phone with limited internet. So you take the good with the bad. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 12:45 AM 05-01-2010
are you guys able to get onto the internet with your Droid even when you are not getting 3g? My friend has a Palm phone from Verizon and is still able to get onto the internet while I am not. We both live and work in the same area. I don't know if my phone is screwed up or if somehow the Droid only works with 3g. Thoughts would be appreciated. And FYI the closest Verizon store that I know if is 2hours away in San Antonio.
[Reply]
spectrrr 01:05 AM 05-01-2010
I'm been able to get on the net (slowly) when my Droid was reading 1x.... on the other hand, it was in an area that should had 3g, so the more likely explanation is that it had a very weak 3g signal on and off and simply reported it as 1x.
[Reply]
md4958 08:00 AM 05-01-2010
So, the battery lasted yesterday from 6am till about 11pm with moderate use. Was showing the phone to (Tim) TRicker yesterday and we watched a couple short videos, I took a bunch of pics using the flash, and Tim was messing around with it for a good amount of time- he is looking at one too.

At 11pm I plugged it in, it had gotten down to the last battery segment, which had also switched from green to yellow (perhaps a "charge me" indicator).

The camera on this thing is so impressive. Takes beautiful pics. This is a photo of a wedding cake I delivered yesterday afternoon.

[Reply]
DougBushBC 06:31 PM 05-04-2010
My incredible is just that, INCREDIBLE
[Reply]
colimo 10:46 PM 05-04-2010
Originally Posted by md4958:
oh, btw, if anybody is interested in that coupon code, pm me
is that for verizon or sprint?
[Reply]
md4958 07:02 AM 05-05-2010
Originally Posted by colimo:
is that for verizon or sprint?
The Incredible is only available on Verizon at the moment (I believe), however the coupon expired on 5/3. Sorry pal.
[Reply]
AD720 09:04 AM 06-22-2010
Looks like tomorrow the Droid X will be officially announced. Glad I waited on the Incredible b/c this looks like it will be on a whole 'nother level.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/droid/x/

Speculation says July 2nd launch!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 10:39 AM 06-22-2010
That Droid X is going to be ginormous!! 4.3 in screen!!
[Reply]
King James 12:06 PM 06-22-2010
Dunno if I like droid x or droid 2 better. I still really want the dang iPhone to come to a real network
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:17 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
Dunno if I like droid x or droid 2 better. I still really want the dang iPhone to come to a real network
Posted via Mobile Device
Amen
[Reply]
spectrrr 06:22 PM 06-22-2010
1ghz doesn't impress me, with slight modifications my Droid 1 runs at 1ghz. So that just leaves screen size and keyboard as the main factors.

Droid 2 gets my vote because of the keyboard..... but that's only IF the redesigned keyboard works better. Quite often designers take a massive jump backwards when they "redesign" a keyboard. And I would rather miss the ugly "chin" on my Droid 1, simply because it lets me orient it correctly by feel.

but really, we don't know much about the droid X yet....
[Reply]
Ahbroody 06:24 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
That Droid X is going to be ginormous!! 4.3 in screen!!
Not that big. I have the EVO which is 4.3 and it is not that big. Its big enough, but I like my phone large. The Evo is a monster in abilities though. I am loving it. Already rooted it and tonight I am going to add free wifi hotspot. Still debating on adding froyo to get native flash, but with the skyfire browser I am cool as it works on all the sports streaming sites I use.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:30 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Not that big. I have the EVO which is 4.3 and it is not that big. Its big enough, but I like my phone large. The Evo is a monster in abilities though. I am loving it. Already rooted it and tonight I am going to add free wifi hotspot. Still debating on adding froyo to get native flash, but with the skyfire browser I am cool as it works on all the sports streaming sites I use.
In comparison to other smartphones that is big. I suppose everything is relative though.

I'm prolly just going to end up with the Blackberry Bold :-) Funds are a little short and my Dad is getting 1, so B1G1 is enticing me.
[Reply]
spectrrr 06:34 PM 06-22-2010
mmm yeah, B1G1 can be very enticing.

Better yet, convince dad to a get a Droid, I think those were/are on B1G1 :-)
[Reply]
GreekGodX 06:39 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
mmm yeah, B1G1 can be very enticing.

Better yet, convince dad to a get a Droid, I think those were/are on B1G1 :-)
He doesn't like the droid because of the keys on the keyboard. My Dad is also enticed by the reliability and easy function of the blackberry. Honestly the way I treat my phones, I should just get something for free. Mine rarely make it a year let alone 2.
[Reply]
spectrrr 06:43 PM 06-22-2010
Insurance policy :-)

I sent my droid into a VIOLENT encounter with the floor after 3 months. Now has a permanent 1/8" black line on the screen where it won't work. I'm gonna claim the insurance soon......
[Reply]
Ahbroody 06:56 PM 06-22-2010
Buy your phone at bestbuy and take their insurance. Its 3.00 more a month but no refurbs, no deductibles, covers lost or damaged regardless unlike the cariers.
[Reply]
spectrrr 07:06 PM 06-22-2010
mm, no deductibles is nice!

Bear in mind when you buy a phone at best buy you're locked into BB's contract as well as Verizon's
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 8910 1112 >
Up