Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>New cigars?
Axeman 09:50 PM 07-20-2021
For many years I have smoked down my collection until I was almost through. I finally bought some new boxes some of my favorite CCs that were on sale. They are good, but not as good as the ones I just finished off. Maybe the ones I had were better to me because I like the aged taste. Maybe they were better to begin with. Hard to tell right now.

I think I am going to get some NCs that I always liked before but I am a bit pissed off at the prices. Maybe I would be better off just getting more CCs and waiting it out While slowly going through them. Or shopping sales? There never seems to be the ones I want on sale, or even in stock. Dang, this hobby used to be easy. I would hate to lay in a supply while the quality is on a dip. But it may get worse. Or if I wait, it will turn around.
AAAAahhhhh!!!!!!
[Reply]
Brian D. 05:11 AM 07-21-2021
The shortages are at least somewhat Covid related. It's getting better, slowly.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:50 AM 07-21-2021
Prices seem to increase pretty regularly on CCs now, I'm stocking up on some favorites at the current prices. If they get completely outrageous, I'll switch to Gurkhas. :-)
[Reply]
Havanaaddict 11:47 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Prices seem to increase pretty regularly on CCs now, I'm stocking up on some favorites at the current prices. If they get completely outrageous, I'll switch to Gurkhas. :-)
That will never happen, "Friends don't let fiends smoke Gurkhas":-)
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 12:22 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
I’ve never thought of Tom as a fiend, but I could be wrong…
[Reply]
bonjing 12:25 PM 07-21-2021
But aren’t Gurkhas usually more expensive than the average stick? They are the premium smoke remember :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:27 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by bonjing:
But aren’t Gurkhas usually more expensive than the average stick? They are the premium smoke remember :-)
Yes the most expensive. Thankfully the good folks at CI and such regularly sell them at 80-90% off so we plebs can experience them occasionally.
[Reply]
Axeman 02:14 PM 07-21-2021
I've heard Gurkhas have been having quality problems lately. In all seriousness, the G3 used to be one of my favorites.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:28 PM 07-21-2021
Picking the wrong day to stop sniffing model airplane glue
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:56 PM 07-21-2021
The biggest problem for manufacturer's right now is getting boxes. They have the cigars just nothing to put them in. And prices are only gonna rise so buy now. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 06:23 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Havanaaddict:
:-)

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat:
I’ve never thought of Tom as a fiend, but I could be wrong…

Originally Posted by bonjing:

Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Yes the most expensive. Thankfully the good folks at CI and such regularly sell them at 80-90% off so we plebs can experience them occasionally.
[Reply]
Bax 12:25 AM 07-22-2021
I actually didn't mind the Gurkha Titan. I might have been drunk, though.
[Reply]
oldforge 12:32 AM 07-22-2021
On NCs, you may find better prices with sales on CigarPage (if you have not tried them).

The CCs are going to be tough for a while--it looks like Covid hit them hard.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:24 AM 07-22-2021
Prices are unlikely to go down, but supplies will get better.
[Reply]
oldforge 01:12 PM 07-22-2021
Moses--This article is kinda pessimistic fwiw:

https://ministryofcigars.com/habanos...ive-shortages/
[Reply]
Axeman 03:10 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by oldforge:
Moses--This article is kinda pessimistic fwiw:

https://ministryofcigars.com/habanos...ive-shortages/
Interesting, thanks. Now I know why there are only smaller vitolas in quantity.

We have to look at where the crops and inventory are in good shape for production and delivery of the high quality product, and also find good alternatives to the Habanos product. I so love my favorite CC markas for their price per quality.
[Reply]
Axeman 04:19 PM 07-22-2021
I just put a sizable order in at Cigar Page. Almost back to my 10 year supply.
[Reply]
Up