Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Red Lion...oddity
Onefreetexan 05:04 PM 06-09-2021
My # 1 smoke is Marsh Wheeling,,they’d been gone for years however, have found a secret stash that should last awhile

I like Red Lion’s too for a quickly. (Smoke that is, not what you are thinking. Lol)
Have gone through many boxes. The last box I have has a odd thing,,, light the end of the cigar and it burns mainly ‘up the tube’. No other way to describe it,,,the wrapper doesn’t burn,,,but it will burn up inside the cigar and maybe halfway through burn a hole out through the wrapper.

what causes this?
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:37 PM 06-09-2021
Probably construction of the cigar. Odd that the entire box would do that. I've had that happen occasionally with one out of a box.
[Reply]
Onefreetexan 08:07 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Probably construction of the cigar. Odd that the entire box would do that. I've had that happen occasionally with one out of a box.
It is odd, maybe I get one or two out of the box that burn nice. I know handmade sometime don’t burn even, but like you say..”the entire box”???
[Reply]
icehog3 08:51 AM 06-10-2021
Back in the early mid 2000s Cuba made several "Edicion Limitadas" which had what we called fireproof wrappers. Couldn't get them to keep up with the burns on the binder and filler no matter what you did.

Funny thing, I maintain a thread here called "Cigars in Cinema", and this is a movie I listed a couple days ago, The Peace Killers (1971).

[Reply]
Onefreetexan 09:48 AM 06-10-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Back in the early mid 2000s Cuba made several "Edicion Limitadas" which had what we called fireproof wrappers. Couldn't get them to keep up with the burns on the binder and filler no matter what you did.

Funny thing, I maintain a thread here called "Cigars in Cinema", and this is a movie I listed a couple days ago, The Peace Killers (1971).

Wow, a box of Marsh Wheeling. What a coincidence.
[Reply]
borndead1 08:07 PM 07-09-2021
What's the humidity in your humidor? High humidity will cause burn and draw problems for sure.
[Reply]
Up